Preview Round 7, 2019: GWS v St.Kilda - Manuka Oval, Saturday 4th May, 1:45PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Giants

Votes: 62 73.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 22 26.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel we could be in a bit of trouble this week. We really struggled against Adelaide’s midfield on Saturday and GWS are better on the inside. We’ll need to punch way above our weight to get close in this.

A lot will depend on the ins and outs, keen to see Marshall back in as primary ruck. Even if Bruce isn’t playing I don’t really want to see Longer in the team. Would prefer to see someone else in, maybe Battle forward and Marsh in.

We’ll really miss Geary and Lonie.....who would have said that this time last year?

With that being said, we have defied the odds against them in the past so maybe we are just a bit of a bogey team for them and will do better than I think.

The season is a bloody marathon ....so yeah let’s run Marshall into the ground .

Feel we could be in a bit of trouble this week. We really struggled against Adelaide’s midfield on Saturday and GWS are better on the inside. We’ll need to punch way above our weight to get close in this.

A lot will depend on the ins and outs, keen to see Marshall back in as primary ruck. Even if Bruce isn’t playing I don’t really want to see Longer in the team. Would prefer to see someone else in, maybe Battle forward and Marsh in.

We’ll really miss Geary and Lonie.....who would have said that this time last year?

With that being said, we have defied the odds against them in the past so maybe we are just a bit of a bogey team for them and will do better than I think.

We struggled against Melbourne's midfield too, luckily their forward line was rubbish.

He's just had a week off, and we aren't the only club that plays one ruck.

Yeah right .

Great list management .

The fixation about ruckmen is beyond comprehension.

Really happy with the year to date .

Just my opinion but I will be really happy when Jack Steven is not the man extracting the pill but other
players that to me is development.

This is why have admired the Cats , they play young players surround them with senior players.
Give them hard roles , support them with it .

Absolutely rapt with the club’s thinking on recruiting some young players & hungry mature age players.
Heading in the right direction .

Have we made a big mess of recruiting in the big man area? Marshall is a versatile mobile ruck, then we only have Pierce who is OK on his day, but not mobile and not adaptable, then Longer who is treacle slow and has no skills below his knees...and that's it. We got rid of Hickey who could at least take a pack mark.
Wait, is this a trick question ...?

Marshall for Longer
Clark for Lonie (Steven to play lonies role)
Joyce for Bruce (swing Battle forward)
Hind for either Long or Kent (newnes to rotate forward and wing with hind)

We have no1 to match Cameron. Joyce mayb has the height & speed. He’ll be far too mobile for Brown, to big and strong for Wilkie or Battle. Way too smart for Joyce tho.

Marshall for Longer

We have no1 to match Cameron. Joyce mayb has the height & speed. He’ll be far too mobile for Brown, to big and strong for Wilkie or Battle. Way too smart for Joyce tho.
If Bruce wasn't 100% against the Crows he should be right for the GWS match , however I would expect Marsh or Joyce to come into the squad due to the height GWS have around the field - Himmelberg , Tomlinson , Cameron , Finlayson , Davis , Taylor , Corr , Mumford are all over 1.94m
we only have Bruce , Marshall , Brown , Battle that are 1.93m or over - so they could bring in Joyce or Marsh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marshall for Longer

Brown has played on Cameron before....it wasn't pretty.

I was on record last week as very confident in a Saints victory (might have been different had I known about Marshall and Lonie) and having watched the replay still believe there were plenty of chances to win that game - we didn't get blown away at any stage.

I still have a lot of confidence in our team, albeit less than 7 days ago.

I think we can win against GWS and after losing the week before I'd like to think the players will put in the effort they demonstrated in the first 5 rounds. Effort won't be enough, though. Can the coaches think their way through this game? Let's see.

Call it blind faith if you like. I still believe in our team this year. Not just because I'm a fan. Because I've seen enough over the season so far to show me that we have what it takes. We will be tested in the next month and it's time to prove that we're the real thing and the first 5 games weren't a mirage.

Kent didn't find near enough of the footy on the weekend, but with his 7 touches he managed a goal, 3 score involvements, 2 goal assists.

I'd be very surprised if he were dropped with Lonie injured.
Were the goal assists for us or the crows

In: Young, Clark, Marshall
Out: Lonie, Kent, Longer

If Bruce is injured, Longer might hold his spot and Marshall will have to play forward. Wouldn't mind seeing Dunstan and Hind getting a game, but we won't make too many unforced changes.

We generally match up okay with GWS and (likely) not having Whitfield or Coniglio should be good damage limitation, but they're a class above, think they'll win by 5-6 goals in the end but we can run with them for the majority of the game.

If Bruce is injured, Longer might hold his spot and Marshall will have to play forward. Wouldn't mind seeing Dunstan and Hind getting a game, but we won't make too many unforced changes.

We generally match up okay with GWS and (likely) not having Whitfield or Coniglio should be good damage limitation, but they're a class above, think they'll win by 5-6 goals in the end but we can run with them for the majority of the game.
I'd have hind ahead of young.

Rotate Gresh fwd.

Rotate Clark through the middle.

If bruce is out we have better options than Marshall forward and longer rucking. Rather marsh who isn’t fit and play Marshall where he looks light a star than when he looks like an ordinary player. I would play battle forward and bring in Joyce but they are probably reluctant to move battle and fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back