Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 18: Adelaide v St.Kilda, Sat 13th of July 7:30pm AEST, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hills wife due any day apparantly

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well that’s a good reason.
Whenever I see “personal” I think maybe it’s some problem, so that’s good to hear. Assume he could potentially have played if it was a home game.

I just can't get excited about Zak Jones being back in... Would prefer to run Garcia for a similar impact.

I'm going to fuc*ing throw up over Bonner being back in the team

Cannot see a single reason why he is in the team over Stocker
Stocker is more of a dour defender. Bonner is a runner and attacking.

Given the role Windy played last week and Hill being out, it makes sense that we prefer to bring back in the runner.

Would prefer to have Ross in than Jones but he can make an impact as sub I guess. I don't love Bonner coming in, but I do like that it could mean Arie is free to push up the ground a bit more...

Stocker is more of a dour defender. Bonner is a runner and attacking.

Given the role Windy played last week and Hill being out, it makes sense that we prefer to bring back in the runner.
I really like Stocker as a person and as a player, and I really want him to succeed at St Kilda. He makes our club better, and it's always good to see Saints fans playing for the club.

But I think he needs to work out what kind of player he's going to be. Fair enough if he's grooming himself to take over from Jimmie Webster when he retires. His delivery is good and he's usually accountable, but he can get caught out positionally at times. How can he make himself a lock, or does he simply have to wait for Webster to retire?

I really like Stocker as a person and as a player, and I really want him to succeed at St Kilda. He makes our club better, and it's always good to see Saints fans playing for the club.

But I think he needs to work out what kind of player he's going to be. Fair enough if he's grooming himself to take over from Jimmie Webster when he retires. His delivery is good and he's usually accountable, but he can get caught out positionally at times. How can he make himself a lock, or does he simply have to wait for Webster to retire?
I think rtb is getting Stock back to the vfl to do a Poo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think rtb is getting Stock back to the vfl to do a Poo.
Where did he play for Sandy on the weekend? Defence or mid?

Agree with the sentiment on here, don't like the changes at all. Play Garcia over Jones and anyone but Bonner... who has become the new coaches pet it seems.

I also think we need to change something up for Owens, he's moving closer towards Phillpou territory prior to his VFL stint. Whether its taking Windys spot in the midfield, going back to Sandy or trying something else (midfield rotation and wing/half-back?), we need to mix it up.

Not sure of the angst for the changes.

Hill out, so an outside player like Bonner is a logical in given who is available.

Jones will probably be the Sub. Garcia to play a full game for Sandy.

Bonner I think gets a bit of a bad rap where a bad early game has distorted the perception of his football since.
Plus the coach does not want him just doing short safe kicks.

Jones is either playing outside (wing) or sub - you wouldn't want to stunt Garcia's development in either scenario. He needs to focus on developing as an inside mid at VFL level
Jones is coming in for Windhager. Wouldn't you just bring in Garcia and play him in the guts.
Fairdinkum talk about flogging the dead horse.

Jones is coming in for Windhager. Wouldn't you just bring in Garcia and play him in the guts.
Fairdinkum talk about flogging the dead horse.
No he's not, Bonner is in for Windhager. Windy literally played zero midfield last week and was almost exclusively half back so its a straight swap. Jones is either sub or he replaces Hill on the wing where he has played at times at VFL level.

I’d place the coaches above BF in selecting our side. They were at training this week, and know what they want the players to do. I’ll go with what they see.

Garcia and McLennan in the Emergencies is good for them. Travel with the team and do all the prep. Good experience. And shows they aren’t far away.

Where did he play for Sandy on the weekend? Defence or mid?

Agree with the sentiment on here, don't like the changes at all. Play Garcia over Jones and anyone but Bonner... who has become the new coaches pet it seems.

I also think we need to change something up for Owens, he's moving closer towards Phillpou territory prior to his VFL stint. Whether its taking Windys spot in the midfield, going back to Sandy or trying something else (midfield rotation and wing/half-back?), we need to mix it up.

Defense.

I’d place the coaches above BF in selecting our side. They were at training this week, and know what they want the players to do. I’ll go with what they see.

Garcia and McLennan in the Emergencies is good for them. Travel with the team and do all the prep. Good experience. And shows they aren’t far away.

About time McLennan got some recognition.
He's not flashy or exciting.

But he's a defender. Gilbert is far too exciting already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back