Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 18: Adelaide v St.Kilda, Sat 13th of July 7:30pm AEST, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't get excited about Zak Jones being back in... Would prefer to run Garcia for a similar impact.

I’d prefer Hugo too, but think what’s hurt him getting back in has been lack of mid minutes for Sandy last couple of months. He seemed to get more last weekend with Pou out, so hopefully isn’t too far away from here. Think they’ll want to pad that down, similar to Pou, before they bring him back in.

Stocker is more of a dour defender. Bonner is a runner and attacking.

Given the role Windy played last week and Hill being out, it makes sense that we prefer to bring back in the runner.

Stocker is a worse kick too. Bonner cops a lot of shit.

Assume the emergencies travel with the side and don’t get any game time this week? If so, bit of a shame for Garcia’s development

Unless they get released, correct. The AFL can grant a release for X reason for an emergency player if they so wish on a travel so it's not that unusual for a 3 emergency to be in list but only 2 on bench for example re emergency players.

For an example, if Hill had of flown over, gone "oh snap, my partner is having a kid, I GTG" the AFL could go "fine, go" and we'd simply have 2 emergency players in SA this week.

Bet the Adelaide forwards are shaking in their boots at the thought of bone cruncher Bonner getting his hands on them.

They'll probably think it's a Showdown, get confused when we rock up, then recognise in the 2nd that a trade took place and Bonner just exists per usual.

Well that’s a good reason.
Whenever I see “personal” I think maybe it’s some problem, so that’s good to hear. Assume he could potentially have played if it was a home game.

Poor planning on Hilly's part. Should have really timed it to align with a home game

Surely getting games into either Garcia or Hastie would be preferable to Bonner and Jones (especially Jones)

Bonner constantly gets high number 25+ until you can replace those numbers I say no, Bonner is harshly treated here he can be a weapon with his kicking.

He also allows us to release either Sincs or Wood depending on what position you play him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely getting games into either Garcia or Hastie would be preferable to Bonner and Jones (especially Jones)

I reckon Ross has his tail up at the minute and the lads are clearly up and about too. I'm hoping it's across the whole Club tbh, with everything that's been going on. Going by his comments in the Swans post-game presser, I think RTB is very keen to get on a mini-run here. So picking the most experienced team to do so, in terms of this weeks INS and Garcia/Hastie remaining the two's. Personally I'd say both have been given things to work on, Garcia seemed closer to being ready for mine.

But if we knock off Adelaide this week, we've then got WCE at Marvel, then Essendon at Marvel which becomes a big Saturday evening game. I just think Ross would love to be coming into that game undeafeted from the Swans game and hit the ground running, do some damage to Finals teams. Knock off Essendon and then it's Richmond, and then Geelong, both at Marvel again.

Eh? I think Stocker has been in Sandy colours of late!

Hers a review https://www.saints.com.au/news/1597722/recr

Stocker was out with an abdominal strain & has played the last 3 games with Sandy (which has coincided with Ari getting games).

He spoke to members in one of the function rooms before the GC game.

Not on the outer at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unpopular opinion but Bonner and Jones makes sense whether you like it or not. Now to be clear, I’m not enamoured with these players but it’s hardly melt worthy.

Bonner needs to come in for Hill so we can keep our quota of runner/ball movers which we build our game around. He also has a lot of experience at AO, for whatever that’s worth.​

Jones probably a sub (or maybe Paton), not an inspiring choice but adequate to play the role and will bring speed on if/when he’s brought on. Whatever, Dow probably first choice but underdone/needs some vfl. Garcia is being developed - coaches call (can’t exactly complain about new youth being used when we are playing Arie, Mattaes & Wilson who are all 19 year olds).​

Anyway,

We might finally see the Phillipou legacy game in Adelaide this weekend. He’s always threatened to have a big one at home, and confidence would be high, especially when he’s lying up with Steele and Marshall (two AA calibre players) and RTB calls you an AA level player in the presser as a 19 year old midfielder whose just come back in.

IMG_1671.jpeg

Keen as shit to see Arie continue to do his thing, he’s really on the precipice of cementing a spot it’s great to watch and I almost take it for granted now. Plus it’s the sorta ground he can just belt the leather down.

Wilson to keep on keeping on, reminds me of first year Nas. Room to develop, but you can tell he’s straight up top shelf quality, future of the club type player, with elite attributes, and good vibes about him.

Don’t care too much about the win/loss - keep it competitive as we have most of the year and show me the kids and I’ll have a fun time. Re: the draft order, this is a bit of a swing game, but whatever it’s a win win either way so enjoy the ride.

Poor planning on Hilly's part. Should have really timed it to align with a home game

Overreaction on his behalf, they have those family rooms with the fold down tables they could have used.

21 years later what makes you feel better.

a) Yeah you were born in a hospital like everyone else , i took the week off to be there.
b) You were born at Adelaide oval, the Noise of the StKilda song, put your mum into labour, and i was standing next to you in my StKilda uniform.

Unpopular opinion but Bonner and Jones makes sense whether you like it or not. Now to be clear, I’m not enamoured with these players but it’s hardly melt worthy.

Bonner needs to come in for Hill so we can keep our quota of runner/ball movers which we build our game around. He also has a lot of experience at AO, for whatever that’s worth.​

Jones probably a sub (or maybe Paton), not an inspiring choice but adequate to play the role and will bring speed on if/when he’s brought on. Whatever, Dow probably first choice but underdone/needs some vfl. Garcia is being developed - coaches call (can’t exactly complain about new youth being used when we are playing Arie, Mattaes & Wilson who are all 19 year olds).​

Anyway,

We might finally see the Phillipou legacy game in Adelaide this weekend. He’s always threatened to have a big one at home, and confidence would be high, especially when he’s lying up with Steele and Marshall (two AA calibre players) and RTB calls you an AA level player in the presser as a 19 year old midfielder whose just come back in.

View attachment 2045718

Keen as shit to see Arie continue to do his thing, he’s really on the precipice of cementing a spot it’s great to watch and I almost take it for granted now. Plus it’s the sorta ground he can just belt the leather down.

Wilson to keep on keeping on, reminds me of first year Nas. Room to develop, but you can tell he’s straight up top shelf quality, future of the club type player, with elite attributes, and good vibes about him.

Don’t care too much about the win/loss - keep it competitive as we have most of the year and show me the kids and I’ll have a fun time. Re: the draft order, this is a bit of a swing game, but whatever it’s a win win either way so enjoy the ride.

Ross said in presser dow will play just needs to pass fitness test.
Mustn’t have got through it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Overreaction on his behalf, they have those family rooms with the fold down tables they could have used.

21 years later what makes you feel better.

a) Yeah you were born in a hospital like everyone else , i took the week off to be there.
b) You were born at Adelaide oval, the Noise of the StKilda song, put your mum into labour, and i was standing next to you in my StKilda uniform.

B (addendum) "you then got to sit with the players on the way back as the car got defaced, and this is why we never visit South Australia."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back