Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 18: Adelaide v St.Kilda, Sat 13th of July 7:30pm AEST, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: our two Carlton imports

Liam Stocker and Paddy Dow seem to be slightly on the fringes of town now.

But maybe that is not such a bad thing, if it means we are raising the bar in the ‘main show’?

Then again, the main show seems to have a few ring-ins too.

I was stunned when i saw how few stats Membrey generated.
To me his physical presence around the ball was huge.
He also did a lot of tapping the groundball to teammates, ( rather than grabbing it and getting immediately tackled ), which i don't think generates a stat.

Similarly when I watched it back thought Hunter did a lot of those little things un-stat worthy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

But maybe that is not such a bad thing, if it means we are raising the bar in the ‘main show’?

Then again, the main show seems to have a few ring-ins too.
Neither of them have been dropped this year and have only missed games because of injuries. Dow probably comes straight back in when he is fit again, especially with Windhager out.

The game has saddened me this week, the treatment of Adam Simpson by the media and that front page by the West Australian was absolutely disgraceful. Just un human behaviour.

I apologise in advance as I know this is not the pace for this post but just wanted to get that off my chest.
Disgraceful. Agree 100%

It's gone pretty under the radar that with our last win we seem to have finally shaken the Swans as a massive bogey team - we now have a 4-3 record against them since 2020.

We have a 3-14 record at AO, but a 2-1 record playing the Crows there since 2020.

Would be another great monkey to get off our backs.

It would be pretty St Kilda to win every game from here and finish 9th.
I did one of those and we came 8th. Don’t know what I did differently. Was just curious if it was mathematically possible. Not expecting it by any means. Would rather we finish with pick 4 or 5 than 10-12. But I did enjoy winning the last game. There is always that…..

Dow is injured. If he passes his fitness test he may be back in for the injured Windy this week.

Playing Arie down back now has probably squeezed Stocker out for the moment.

Though if Battles does leave us, they may groom Arie to take Battle spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back