Preview Round 7, 2019: GWS v St.Kilda - Manuka Oval, Saturday 4th May, 1:45PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Giants

Votes: 62 73.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 22 26.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok let’s cut to chase

I was there for over 2 hours , if he plays in my opinion he will play exactly like he did last week.

He jogged with Rowan Marshall for a total of 15 minutes today, all the while grimacing.

Then started to attempt to kick the ball , had 3 kicks .

Went inside did not appear again , so yeah will probably play.
Just stating what they said in the injury report. Not saying you're a liar.

Keep in mind, any wins we get from the next 4 weeks are done without pretty much our entire best backline, our captain, and one of our spiritual leaders. That’s not including our key forward on one leg, our best inside mid not training, our marquee recruit not on the park, our best player full stop yet to reach full fitness.

Against the Crows we didn’t even have our best ruckman who has been our second most impressive and probably most vital player.

Considering the difficulty of the next month, if we pull a win or two out of the hat we have a serious season on our hands.

Just stating what they said in the injury report. Not saying you're a liar.

Interesting thing about injury report with Bruce they highlight lower leg as injury on video .

When in fact the injury is a quad , heavily strapped yesterday upper leg.

Also no mention of Bytel who has done significant work on upper body with weights .

Or Carlisle who trainers were saying is ahead of schedule yesterday.

Interesting thing about injury report with Bruce they highlight lower leg as injury on video .

Also no mention of Bytel who has done significant work on upper body with weights .

Did I hear that Carlisle I'd confident he'll get back after the Port game?
That'd be huge.

Did anyone else notice on the AFL injury report that they had Lonie’s name first amongst a bunch of stars of the game (Riewoldt, Whitfield, Buddy).

Was nice to see little Jack get some recognition for his season so far, he’s been the barometer for our side when it comes to pressure and intensity. Pleasing!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

rarely has an opinion of his own. Just likes to attempt to take down others who are brave enough to offer up their own opinion

It is what it is. He's one of us though.
Pluggs is perfectly fine. He's our friendly saints board troll that hides under the bridge, waiting for the unsuspecting conversationalist to stumble across into his argument trap. I don't think I've ever seen him be abusive or aggressive towards other posters, and that's all we ask surely.

They don't mention every injured player every week otherwise the video would be 10 minutes long.

He has barely impacted at VFL level and only makes an appearance for a few minutes throughout the whole game. I just don't see him being worth bringing in when we already have Kent, Parker and Long who are cameo players at best at the moment.

Lonie is really our only small forward who impacts for a full game and helps link the midfield to the forward line, which is the completely opposition to Young. Despite them both being small, they aren't a like-for-like swap at all.
He hasnt played a senior game yet. Lets just see how that one plays out.

Did anyone else notice on the AFL injury report that they had Lonie’s name first amongst a bunch of stars of the game (Riewoldt, Whitfield, Buddy).

Was nice to see little Jack get some recognition for his season so far, he’s been the barometer for our side when it comes to pressure and intensity. Pleasing!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jamie Elliot is a poor man's Jack Lonie.

Pluggs is perfectly fine. He's our friendly saints board troll that hides under the bridge, waiting for the unsuspecting conversationalist to stumble across into his argument trap. I don't think I've ever seen him be abusive or aggressive towards other posters, and that's all we ask surely.
I would call P66 many things but not a troll, even if you used it in the literal sense.

Many others are real trolls who have no opinion but interject in other conversations just to bait and point score and attempt to portray a moral superiority.

P66 and I have had many disagreements however I still reckon he is one of the best posters on here. Love of the Saints unquestioned and while his posting style is a bit on the spectrum (joking P66, just means you are a pain in the arse), I for one, enjoy him calling out of obvious bullshit.

Keep in mind, any wins we get from the next 4 weeks are done without pretty much our entire best backline, our captain, and one of our spiritual leaders. That’s not including our key forward on one leg, our best inside mid not training, our marquee recruit not on the park, our best player full stop yet to reach full fitness.

Against the Crows we didn’t even have our best ruckman who has been our second most impressive and probably most vital player.

Considering the difficulty of the next month, if we pull a win or two out of the hat we have a serious season on our hands.

Well said !

Assuming Bruce doesn't get up how about this for a radical idea - we play a ruckman in the ruck and a forward in the forward line.

Like it or not Longer is a perfect match for Mumford and that allows Marshall (who is actually referred to as a key forward/ruckman by the St Kilda FC) to play as - yep you guessed it - a key forward.
Or maybe we could not play Longer as he is a liability and we could forget where Marshall is listed and play him in the ruck as he has been our most promising Ruckman for as long as I can remember. Did you miss his 4 games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rarely has an opinion of his own. Just likes to attempt to take down others who are brave enough to offer up their own opinion

It is what it is. He's one of us though.
Also brave enough to call it as he sees it rather than conform and drink the cool aide...

He's a sceptic, just like your a pessimist and I'm a pompous arseh*le.

It takes all sorts.

I would call P66 many things but not a troll, even if you used it in the literal sense.

Many others are real trolls who have no opinion but interject in other conversations just to bait and point score and attempt to portray a moral superiority.

P66 and I have had many disagreements however I still reckon he is one of the best posters on here. Love of the Saints unquestioned and while his posting style is a bit on the spectrum (joking P66, just means you are a pain in the arse), I for one, enjoy him calling out of obvious bullshit.
He has over 70% of the place covered when it comes to footy knowledge...

Surely you are kidding? Ever since he has been dropped we look so much better. He is not the answer.. geez there is some short memorys in here.
I'm not sure you could really argue that. Since he was dropped we scrapes over the line against the Hawks who's midfield was decimated, he had a very good win against Melbourne and then smashed against the Crows.

I'm not sure I'd bring Dunstan in over Clark but there is a fair argument for him.

Artful post Joff :thumbsu:

I'm not sure you could really argue that. Since he was dropped we scrapes over the line against the Hawks who's midfield was decimated, he had a very good win against Melbourne and then smashed against the Crows.

I'm not sure I'd bring Dunstan in over Clark but there is a fair argument for him.
Dunstan is a severly limited footballer. He also limits Sebs impact as he can only play in the midfield. Give me Clark over Dunstan every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Happy Birthday, Dave.

Let's hope you see a flag before 80!

You've earned it...

Thanks for that Colleague! I’m ever the optimist, but realistically I think the chance of seeing a Saints flag in my lifetime went in 2009. Does that in any way diminish my enthusiasm or devotion to this “magnificent obsession” of following the Saints? Errrrrrrrrr NO!

Thanks for that Colleague! I’m ever the optimist, but realistically I think the chance of seeing a Saints flag in my lifetime went in 2009. Does that in any way diminish my enthusiasm or devotion to this “magnificent obsession” of following the Saints? Errrrrrrrrr NO!
I was actually at that game a few rows on front of you and came up and said hello.

I was also in a box behind you at the 08 prelim against the Hawks.

I've seen you in action, brother.

A one man cheer squad.... A machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back