Autopsy Round 7, 2023: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide *WOOD 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

The midfield is our big weakness- Crouch, Steel, Clark and Hill all flogged again. Bytel needs to be brought in and Sharman for Pou who is showing is he a young player who has potential, but needs time yet. Missed Caminti's aggression. The back line did Ok though.

Said it before. Playing with Cordy is playing one man down.
And Pou SHOULD have been rested. He’s done ( understandably.)
5 day break and you could see it in our pressure and skills.

Steele really needed to have more composure. when we won a free in the middle, rather than keep it simple and kick it long, he held onto the ball and turned over.. Momentum killer.

Then again really the whole team was off this game.. it shows that when we can’t force turnovers and kick easy goals, our mids/forwards aren’t very good.

So I take it that it’s the Pou’s fault this week. Lol turn it up he doesn’t need a rest. What about Higgins missing out on the full. Steeles holding the ball to kill our momentum.

Lid firmly back on. Repeat of last year.
Drank our own bath water, lazy fumbly footy.
Don’t understand the moves tonight putting wood forward when he was doing superb on the wing. Putting sincs in the middle, it working then taking him out.
Feel like membrey creates a stagnant forward line. I want caminiti back.
Very fumbly. I think it cost us the game.

So ****ed off with this performance. Didn't even show up. Cordy needs to stay in the VFL and come in as break glass emergency, absolutely no idea why this bloke is in the side. 1 touch in 3 quarters of footy, not to mention we didn't structure up well against Port with him there. Should've had Windhager in from the first bounce. Pathetic from start to finish and they should be ashamed of themselves. A game we should've won and shat ourselves instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Props to Hunter Clark beasted that last quarter.

So I take it that it’s the Pou’s fault this week. Lol turn it up he doesn’t need a rest. What about Higgins missing out on the full. Steeles holding the ball to kill our momentum.
Didn't do much, but I don't think anybody is putting the loss on him. Might benefit from a run in the seconds for a bit, swap in for billings.

Honestly sounded like a pretty small segment of the crowd booing JHF. Total non issue I think. Not my cup of tea but these booked are paid a fortune and go into it knowing this is what it will be like. I'm sure he's pretty happy with the win and an excellent game.
The crowd only booed him when we were cooked. Made him look like peak Judd for the first 3 quarters. It was like Ross had the night off.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Phillipou nails that set shot and we go on with it.
Turning point. He’ll learn from it

Bit harsh. Yeah it seemed silly given he has a great set shot and can roost one from 50, but Wood missed a snap he'd usually get straight after, Higgins kicked one out on the full that was gettable, there were heaps of skill errors inside 50 from us tonight. Pou was just one. His lack of speed in running to defend was what caught my eye.

Depending on who goes well in the 2's there could be a few putting their hand up for a spot in the forward line.

Also, Windy is clearly our best run with guy, if this midfield is gonna let others get off the chain like that, as we did with JHF and his clearances in the first, then Windy has a very good case for bumping another mid out in the starting 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 7, 2023: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide *WOOD 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back