Women's Footy Round 7, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suns came to play and they were obviously focussed on this game is their statement game.

Belle is such a real competitor, one of the top few most important members of the team. She got to so many dangerous situations and made such good decisions over and over. She would walk into any team in the comp. Hard to tag as well.

Mullins continuing to show development, becoming much more than a bit player. Evie Long needs more time but looks to have the goods. Taylor Smith showing that she is now a real key forward, so much that Dakota is somewhat second fiddle at present, which makes them both a threat. And Koenen is the Ryan Lester of AFLW, just does vital things without much fanfare but gets us out of trouble so often.

A bigger margin would have been nice but we did the job.

I've seen a fair bit of the Sun's this year on TV and that felt like easily their best performance of the year. I was impressed with their ability to win the ball and hit us on the counter-attack, and they took some strong marks in difficult circumstances. We were too strong for them in the end but not by much.

I think we miss Orla's input at the moment

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy Round 7, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back