Toast Round 7 = Adelaide 58-59 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want to go to school on accuracy, you will need to consider rushed behinds as well. Remove them from the "accuracy" consideration for both teams and you will see the Crows actual misses in a bit more light.

I watched the game dude

It should have been over by half time

Some of them were unforgivable misses. Particularly Rankine's running in.

Doesn't change anything about what I initially said. We rushed a couple down their end too. It was 3.6 to 1.1 in the last quarter. So again...they missed at the start, we missed at the end.

I watched the game dude

Doesn't change anything about what I initially said. We rushed a couple down their end too. It was 3.6 to 1.1 in the last quarter. So again...they missed at the start, we missed at the end.
Dude, if you are going to add OOF to our shots on goal as a measure of inaccuracy, then remove the rushed behinds from each. It was 7-4 in our favour.

I know we won, but I’m not sure if I would have played Moore in the forward line with 2 minutes to go.

The ball was basically on our D50 and they had Walker/ Fogarty in their forward line.
Clearly we were backing our defensive system at that time, so that the risk reward was in favour of Moore playing fwd. I actually applaud the innovation in such a pressure situation - which I’m sure has been used often in our practice sessions.

Moore went back eventually and marked in defence on the siren.

It‘s incredible filmmaking because the story is absolutely ludicrous and barely makes any sense even with it’s own internal logic and yet it still grabs you and provokes that kind of emotional response, every time.
Spot on. It somehow works simply because everyone in the movie makes the ludicrous seem possible. It is a gem.

For those movie buffs out and about, this team should be know to the 17 other clubs as:

Baba Yaga

Opposition teams genuinely looked scared in last quarters when playing us.

Clearly we were backing our defensive system at that time, so that the risk reward was in favour of Moore playing fwd. I actually applaud the innovation in such a pressure situation - which I’m sure has been used often in our practice sessions.

Moore went back eventually and marked in defence on the siren.
More importantly, sending Moore forward is a statement of intent and belief. We're not trying to hold on, we're pushing to win.

For those movie buffs out and about, this team should be know to the 17 other clubs as:

Baba Yaga

Opposition teams genuinely looked scared in last quarters when playing us.

It's become a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy now

When you've done it as often as we have, teams essentially have no choice but to think we might come back at them if we're less than 5 or 6 goals down.

All it really takes is a couple of goals in a row for the shakes to set in

Hoskin-Elliott was important today.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agree, I'm not a WHE fan, in fairness, thought he was close to the most influencial player on the ground in those last two minutes - his running was amazing - so many one percenters, very impressed that he was the one that was covering Darcy so that he could lag off Walker and take that final mark.

I thought the umpires got the three votes today.
They missed a few blatant ones the worst of which was Murphy (front on contact, high, blood nose, all of the above) and Ash Johnson’s over the shoulder mauling in the goal square.
Great win for the Pies.
Yep - reinforces the theory that all you get with more umpires is more inconsistency and more incorrect decisions. Astonishing that they can make 50:50 calls so often and then with 4 field umpires on the ground, they fail to correctly interpret blatant free kicks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about the deliberate for not barging into injured Murph and the trainers/docs? lol

Yeah, I'd really to see a shift in focus from umpires who can run all day to umpires who have game feel and understanding. As Fat Jesus said when he was nailed to the cross, forgive them father, for they know not what they do!

It's lucky Razor Ray didn't give the Ash Johnson decision, not only would he have not paid it he would have paid 3 50m penalties for dissent!

I don’t know which surprised me more; that a player would think “in order to save this coming goal, I’ll just reach over and grab this person’s head and pull it back, and if that doesn’t work I’ll grab him by the shoulder/neck and pull that back, because that’s a thing that we do in Australian Rules Football!” or that the umpire could fail to blow the whistle upon seeing it.

Really the Crows player should be ashamed for thinking his action was acceptable. In any other reality in the multiverse, it was going to lead to a free kick +/- an injury.

I might be wrong on this, I think Fogarty having his eyes on the ball ruled out the front on contact rule, you can always run back with the ball as long as you're watching the ball and not the player (otherwise, you'd never be able to take a mark running back with the ball and making front on contact) - what 4 umpires seemed to have missed is that Fogarty made forcible contact above the shoulder - that's a free kick every day of the week.
Players usually get front on contact when a fingernail brushes their chest. That was a disgrace as the umpire was side on and close to the incident and just waved his arms for play on. Prick.

I might be wrong on this, I think Fogarty having his eyes on the ball ruled out the front on contact rule, you can always run back with the ball as long as you're watching the ball and not the player (otherwise, you'd never be able to take a mark running back with the ball and making front on contact) - what 4 umpires seemed to have missed is that Fogarty made forcible contact above the shoulder - that's a free kick every day of the week.

Frampton had eyes on the ball and only minorly touched the arm in the spoil and got a free against.
Fogarty put his elbow into Murphs face and nothing to see here.

I watched the game dude

I thought the same thing. But then thinking about what happened in Q4, our reputation, etc... I wonder whether the pressure of 'having' to bury us actually got too much for them? You kick 5 on the Blues and you think "we're good from here". But not against the Pies.

And then we showed them why twice. We caught them in Q2 and then overtook again in Q4.

I really think Fly's mind games are something else. He's created a team with a magical aura and he's created fear in the opposition players and coaches. What an animal.

I
Should’ve have Josh received another shot at goal when he was hit over the shoulder when he kicked the goal in the 4th?
I think it would have been paid a free if it wasn't a goal - guess the umpire deemed that the tackle was in the action of executing the kick, so no additional free.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 7 = Adelaide 58-59 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back