Toast Round 7 = Adelaide 58-59 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

If that's the case, what happened to 'players have a duty to protect the head'?
And why do we bother having a 'careless' grading in the system?
Who knows. I’m just assuming the worst. The AFL still haven’t got it right in regards to protecting the head.

About to board a flight back to melb. Wearing my scarf and hat in the airport like a smug $&@!. Good feeling. Go pies.
It is a great feeling.
You don’t get shit hung on you and fellow supporters just nod and smile.

Yeap nearer the goalpost than the behind post. The priority is not missing but arguably in that circumstance a point is better than a goal.
He said after the game he barely made the distance, which was actually true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, i'm not that bad!

Caught it at the Anzac day game, i guess 95,000 sweating nervously in the last qtr was perfect conditions for it
Dave, TradeDraft, set the tone for the day by announcing he would be attending in a mask. I bet at the time you scoffed at the great man's warning to his followers. Look at him now, grinning down upon you from sunny Langwarrin, probably out in the Barina cruising the country roads for thrills and things while you are sweating your life out under the covers.

I would say both sides generally speaking have an 11% chance from scoring from centre clearance. Each side generally would have basically a 1 in 10 chance of scoring from a centre bounce.

Now considering how s**t Adelaide was in this actual game at winning a centre clearance - if Sidebottom scores a goal I’d say if they had 11% chance at scoring then we’d have had somewhere between 20-30% chance at scoring from centre clearance based on us winning almost 2/3s of the centre clearances for the game (11 to 6).

Regardless, I think kicking the point was the right move even if not deliberate. It would be much more difficult having to go 167m thru traffic rather than travel 83.5m with 6-6-6 format with three key fwds and your opponent with a key defender out injured.

I think Kings analytics reiterate a valid point, and state something pretty obvious. We didn’t even really defend the kick in very well considering, had crows not panicked, they had 8 seconds from centre wing to hit one of three targets inside 50. And that kinda plays into the analytics.

Despite us flooding the middle and not manning up on the wing, crows still choked and we marked. So you don’t even need to defend perfectly and you still have a 99% chance of winning by doing the bare minimum.

Had we kicked the goal, your giving crows 21 seconds from centre bounce 83m from goal and 3 tall fwds to bomb too - plus time to rove off the pack or force a stoppage ins50 - quite easily could have seen a draw or perhaps just another point for the crows and pies win by 5 points. Crows could have even lost the clearance and rebounded off half back quickly into space with 21 seconds on the clock due to the 6-6-6.

If I were the crows, I’d have rather Sidebottom kicked it and had a crack at winning the centre clearance with the 6-6-6 rather having to go coast to coast vs 18 man defence.

Thats all the analytics is really saying, it’s a probability of scoring from each situation. And if a coach has that information on hand, they’d be crazy not teach the players about it. Because it helps simplify the game fhe 18 guys out there and make smarter decisions.
Tldr, but spot on.

Watching the last quarter again, i forgot how lively Josh daicos was, could have had 3-4 goals in the last quarter. For a wingman he’s such a dangerous guy up forward.

Looking at the scores again, throw in the 2 or 3 out of bounds on the full shots we had and we basically had the same number of scoring shots as them and were just as inaccurate in the end

Difference being they did all their missing at the start, we did ours at the end

Except they had the umps giving them a leg up, we had them trying to prevent a win

It was just a massive massive massive win no matter which way you slice it:

• Interstate
  • 5 day break
  • Missing a bunch of key players
  • Adelaide at full strength
  • Lost ANOTHER tall player in the first 10 minutes screwing our structure again
  • Umpires actively against us
  • Down by 22 early in the last

F**king huge

Looking at the scores again, throw in the 2 or 3 out of bounds on the full shots we had and we basically had the same number of scoring shots as them and were just as inaccurate in the end

Difference being they did all their missing at the start, we did ours at the end

Except they had the umps giving them a leg up, we had them trying to prevent a win

It was just a massive massive massive win no matter which way you slice it:

• Interstate
  • Missing a bunch of key players
  • Adelaide at full strength
  • Lost ANOTHER tall player in the first 10 minutes screwing our structure again
  • Umpires actively against us
  • Down by 22 early in the last

F**king huge
They missed a bunch of set shot sitters.

Making the nonsensical claim that we were "just as inaccurate" fails to account for the poor quality of their misses.

Nonsensical?

So actual stats and numbers are "nonsensical"?

Jamie Elliott and Bobby Hill didn't miss sitters too? Me saying we were inaccurate (which we were) doesn't mean I'm saying Adelaide weren't being woefully inaccurate.

Simple fact of the matter is, they had 23 scoring shots, we had 21 with Josh Daicos' 2 on the full

They kicked 58 points and we kicked 59. So yeah mate....we were just as inaccurate.

Nonsensical?

So actual stats and numbers are "nonsensical"?

Jamie Elliott and Bobby Hill didn't miss sitters too? Me saying we were inaccurate (which we were) doesn't mean I'm saying Adelaide weren't being woefully inaccurate.

Simple fact of the matter is, they had 23 scoring shots, we had 21 with Josh Daicos' 2 on the full

They kicked 58 points and we kicked 59. So yeah mate....we were just as inaccurate.
If you want to go to school on accuracy, you will need to consider rushed behinds as well. Remove them from the "accuracy" consideration for both teams and you will see the Crows actual misses in a bit more light.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 7 = Adelaide 58-59 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back