Preview Round 7: Essendon vs Carlton, Melbourne Cricket Ground, Sunday 02/05/2021 @ 3:20 PM AEST

Who wilt have the higher score come full time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Francis is fit, I'm struggling to think who goes out/into being the sub, because Zaka is the most obvious candidate to miss.

Guelfi has done nothing wrong, but his versatility makes him a good choice for a sub.
If Jones isn't in the 22 he's better off playing a full game in the VFL, and his last quarter was really good.
Zerk-Thatcher worked into the game well and he's the only key defender in the side.

I think it'll be Guelfi, but I really don't know

Can't wait... I love it when Essendon get brought down to earth
I don’t think anyone here thinks Sunday’s a guaranteed win. Sure we’re a chance (probably a 50/50 contest) but at the end of the day we’re in the first year of a rebuild whereas your mob was expected to be challenging for finals so a loss would be more far more detrimental to you than it would be to us.

If Francis is fit, I'm struggling to think who goes out/into being the sub, because Zaka is the most obvious candidate to miss.

Guelfi has done nothing wrong, but his versatility makes him a good choice for a sub.
If Jones isn't in the 22 he's better off playing a full game in the VFL, and his last quarter was really good.
Zerk-Thatcher worked into the game well and he's the only key defender in the side.

I think it'll be Guelfi, but I really don't know

Its a good point...if Francis gets up (which seems likely) then I'm not exactly sure who misses either - but someone will have to so we can get Ridley back into the team...I think it will be either Zakka or Jones - Guelfi deserves to hold his spot but maybe becomes the SUB

Its not worth risking Francis if there’s any doubt and Jones has been decent but I think he’ll go back to the twos week. Hope we bring in Ridley and Waterman
Maybe Ambrose could be SUB and Zakka back to the twos for a full game given he’s been SUB two out of the last 3 games

Team;-

Redman Zerk Hind
Ridley Laverde Heppell
Merrett Stringer Cox
Waterman 2MP Smith
Langford Hooker Tippa

Phillips Parish McGrath

Guelfi Snelling Ham Perkins
SUB: Ambrose

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
B Laverde Zerk-Thatcher Ridley
HB Hind Francis Redman
C Merrett McGrath Cox
HF Stringer Wright Langford
FF Walla Hooker Snelling
R Phillips Parish Perkins
INT Smith Heppell Ham Waterman
SUB Guelfi

In Ridley Waterman
Out Jones (Rested) Zaharakis (Omitted)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think anyone here thinks Sunday’s a guaranteed win. Sure we’re a chance (probably a 50/50 contest) but at the end of the day we’re in the first year of a rebuild whereas your mob was expected to be challenging for finals so a loss would be more far more detrimental to you than it would be to us.

Is there anything official from Essendon that they are rebuilding? I haven't seen a statement anywhere

Are you one of those people who thinks a rebuild is something that is announced at a press conference and has a start and finish date?

You know the club better than me so I will defer to your better judgment, but from an outsider I haven't seen anything about a rebuild and thought you just had young players because a lot of your better players wanted to leave the club.

Doesn't seem like a purposeful rebuild

You know the club better than me so I will defer to your better judgment, but from an outsider I haven't seen anything about a rebuild and thought you just had young players because a lot of your better players wanted to leave the club.

Doesn't seem like a purposeful rebuild
A rebuild only counts if it's purposeful? If you're going to troll at least don't come accross like a moron.

Is there anything official from Essendon that they are rebuilding? I haven't seen a statement anywhere
When the coach comes out and says no expectations when asked about finals before the season then you can take it as rebuild. Same messaging from the president at the end of last season.

A rebuild only counts if it's purposeful? If you're going to troll at least don't come accross like a moron.

Well what else has happened to give an indication of a rebuild?

You lost some of your better players, which you tried to keep and now the coach has no expectation of finals.

Did EFC instigate this rebuild or did Joe Daniher?

Well what else has happened to give an indication of a rebuild?

You lost some of your better players, which you tried to keep and now the coach has no expectation of finals.

Did EFC instigate this rebuild or did Joe Daniher?
There was plenty in the media from the club that we where going to go with youth.
Fact is with players leaving and a review at the end of last year time to go with youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back