• Demons

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 32 46.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And give them problems to fix. Keeps them focused more on us than on them. They haven't played a two-pronged ruck attack like we will pose, that alone may shift things a bit.
I am excited for nothing as much as I am to see Paddy and Ro fully fit on the MCG against Gawn and Jackson. They’re the only team who has a 1-2 as powerful as ours. Jackson just as capable of going forward and kicking goals or roving his own tap as Marshall. Gawn undoubtably the best pure ruck in the comp, but we have Ryder who’s just as good at centre bounce. They should be just as worried as we are. They’re both our biggest weapons but we’re both probably not used to being matched evenly there

Dont get too cocky Saints!
Dees had one third of their premiership side out + no Goody, against the hawks.They threw the kitchen sink at us in one of their best 4 qtr games this year yet we still won.
We've played with a makeshift backline all season so far yet we're 7-0.
Covid and your coming back from Cairns Curse will even things up.
Melbourne good to go with Petty and Jacko hopefully back. Leave the rest out for more rest.
I expect Stkilda to be cooked by half way through 3rd qtr due to Cairns.
Maybe dees still have covid issues.
Our backs will hold your forwards.
Hope its a great game!
Saints are a rising side but Freo is ahead of you.
Should get 60k at the G.
Dees havent lost since July 2021.
We're overdue but maybe not this week.

Hope our players bring their autograph books what an absolute privilege to be allowed to play against the all conquering Demons .

If Luke Dunstan is getting a game this week then we are a chance on his turn overs alone .

Current Sunday Melbourne forecast is 16 degrees, 1-3mm of rain, 80% chance of rain. But it's outside the 4 days where forecasts become dramatically more accurate (between the fourth and fifth day out of a weather forecast, it goes from around 95% accuracy to within 1 degree to under 70%).

Attachments

• 09a009d6e609b456d1cf6f6dcf14d368.jpg
    09a009d6e609b456d1cf6f6dcf14d368.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 62
He is having his best season ever stats wise, think he is an easy target for some on here
It's hardly a high bar he's set over his career though. He was delisted from North for a reason I guess. 15 touches a game for a wingman is far from great

He was good last week and doesn't deserve to get dropped off the back of that game. He needs to continue to play like that though if he wants to keep his spot.

If he goes back to how he played the week prior he'll likely be gone the following week IMO

It's hardly a high bar he's set over his career though. He was delisted from North for a reason I guess. 15 touches a game for a wingman is far from great

He was good last week and doesn't deserve to get dropped off the back of that game. He needs to continue to play like that though if he wants to keep his spot.

If he goes back to how he played the week prior he'll likely be gone the following week IMO
Being delisted by north isn't anything to be judged on , they had done some weird sh1t over the last few years , but yes he needs to keep playing more like last week.
I hope billings and Jones have another week at Sandy and get 30 plus each to force their way back in not just give them back their spots

Being delisted by north isn't anything to be judged on , they had done some weird sh1t over the last few years , but yes he needs to keep playing more like last week.
I hope billings and Jones have another week at Sandy and get 30 plus each to force their way back in not just give them back their spots
Always liked Wood at North. Seemed to get injured a lot and sort of curtailed his progression. Seemed to be a thorn in our side when we played them.

Has had a pretty good run with injury lately and is going Ok on a wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've come for a read of your ins and outs.

Obviously, we'll have Petty, Neal-Bullen, Pickett, Luke Jackson and Sparrow to come back in. Salem is still not ready. We're not playing super well at the moment. Just doing enough. We're only playing about 1 decent quarter per match but we've given hawks, Ess and Gold Coast a little sniff. So I think you guys have a chance simply because its 2 horse race and we're not playing super well but if we play remotely well or even 80% then it'll be a blow out but I'm not confident that we'll play well due to us a) not being in form and b) having 5 come back from covid.

I personally think that May will take King, Petty will take Ryder, Lever will play on Membrey, Bowey will take Higgins, Rivers will take Butler (if named). The effectiveness of these match ups will depends on the pressure that the mids put on. Last week against the hawks they got us on the spread. So we are a bit vulnerable there but it depends if guys like Langdon, Jordon, Brayshaw etc. come back to plug the holes.

I really think that it will be a battle of the midfields. I think our forward line is pretty unpredictable in that we don't rely on any 1 player. Ben Brown/Fritsch/Weideman/Pickett/Spargo/Neal-Bullen/Luke Jackson etc. so I think it will come down to the midfield battle and who converts the best.

Wood played some pretty good games at Norf as a forward but got a few knocks I think and it meant he was in and out of the team. I would like him in the forward half rather than wing as he can slot a few goals from nowhere. Butler was dropped to the Tiger VFL team as he wasn’t hitting the scoreboard as a small forward. I don’t think he was recruited by us as a defensive forward.

Obviously, we'll have Petty, Neal-Bullen, Pickett, Luke Jackson and Sparrow to come back in. Salem is still not ready. We're not playing super well at the moment. Just doing enough. We're only playing about 1 decent quarter per match but we've given hawks, Ess and Gold Coast a little sniff. So I think you guys have a chance simply because its 2 horse race and we're not playing super well but if we play remotely well or even 80% then it'll be a blow out but I'm not confident that we'll play well due to us a) not being in form and b) having 5 come back from covid.

I personally think that May will take King, Petty will take Ryder, Lever will play on Membrey, Bowey will take Higgins, Rivers will take Butler (if named). The effectiveness of these match ups will depends on the pressure that the mids put on. Last week against the hawks they got us on the spread. So we are a bit vulnerable there but it depends if guys like Langdon, Jordon, Brayshaw etc. come back to plug the holes.

I really think that it will be a battle of the midfields. I think our forward line is pretty unpredictable in that we don't rely on any 1 player. Ben Brown/Fritsch/Weideman/Pickett/Spargo/Neal-Bullen/Luke Jackson etc. so I think it will come down to the midfield battle and who converts the best.

If it comes down to who converts the best, we have no hope and you have nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What about 79%?

I'm very much on the Butler is on thin ice side due to production, but i'd keep him in this week. He plays better at the G with more space. Also he's our best pressure forward by a long way. I'd keep him this week and if he's poor i'd drop him for the Cats game.

I'm also in the Butler needs to be held to account when he plays badly but he has no real competition. He's got the pure pressure forward role until someone develops. Long is the closest to a replacement but he's also erratic up front.

Good write up. Our line up is clearly much improved from that match, but Melbourne's even more so. It's a huge gap between matches. Hard to believe we entered that game as the favourites.

That was a game that really showed that they'd improved. They kicked like we did last weekend but should have rolled us by 10 goals. It was a flattering result for us. I think it was the Frawley game and started with this huge weight over the stadium. It was a solemn match with low energy.

He's a fringe player like an upgrade on Marsh type. He's been good at times but he's probably the one that gets pushed out for Billings long term. He's adaptable enough to be the ideal depth multi purpose type if someone goes down. He's been pretty good and will be unlucky to get pushed out still.

He's a fringe player like an upgrade on Marsh type. He's been good at times but he's probably the one that gets pushed out for Billings long term. He's adaptable enough to be the ideal depth multi purpose type if someone goes down. He's been pretty good and will be unlucky to get pushed out still.
Agree he's a fringe player and has been a very handy pick up for absolutely nothing.

His form has mostly been solid, he has been able to play a role with a few injuries to important players

But he just has quite been able to perform at the level that will keep him in the 22 once we are fully fit

The chances of us remaining fully fit for the rest of the year are small though so he will likely get more opportunities

Wood played some pretty good games at Norf as a forward but got a few knocks I think and it meant he was in and out of the team. I would like him in the forward half rather than wing as he can slot a few goals from nowhere. Butler was dropped to the Tiger VFL team as he wasn’t hitting the scoreboard as a small forward. I don’t think he was recruited by us as a defensive forward.

He was a pretty ordinary forward at North. He is much more effective as a wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back