• Demons

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 32 46.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After recent wastage in front of goal, King is ready to reveal a new kicking technique.

YWdYgCx.jpg

I've come for a read of your ins and outs.

Obviously, we'll have Petty, Neal-Bullen, Pickett, Luke Jackson and Sparrow to come back in. Salem is still not ready. We're not playing super well at the moment. Just doing enough. We're only playing about 1 decent quarter per match but we've given hawks, Ess and Gold Coast a little sniff. So I think you guys have a chance simply because its 2 horse race and we're not playing super well but if we play remotely well or even 80% then it'll be a blow out but I'm not confident that we'll play well due to us a) not being in form and b) having 5 come back from covid.

I personally think that May will take King, Petty will take Ryder, Lever will play on Membrey, Bowey will take Higgins, Rivers will take Butler (if named). The effectiveness of these match ups will depends on the pressure that the mids put on. Last week against the hawks they got us on the spread. So we are a bit vulnerable there but it depends if guys like Langdon, Jordon, Brayshaw etc. come back to plug the holes.

I really think that it will be a battle of the midfields. I think our forward line is pretty unpredictable in that we don't rely on any 1 player. Ben Brown/Fritsch/Weideman/Pickett/Spargo/Neal-Bullen/Luke Jackson etc. so I think it will come down to the midfield battle and who converts the best.

May won’t take King. Petty will. He’s your most important inclusion. I’d be surprised to see May ever take any of the Kings again. When you see May play on athletic talls like Kings and Norton, he does not fare well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He is having his best season ever stats wise, think he is an easy target for some on here
I thought he would be on the outer when Billings came back , but watching how they have him playing he has been bolstering the defense and with his height and endurance he is filling the role they require him too.
Wood also seems to be getting more confidence and could easily step up another level.
He had 23 possessions against Port and 16 contested and is averaging more disposals than any of his previous seasons.

He was a pretty ordinary forward at North. He is much more effective as a wing.
Ratten has tried to put or best endurance runners on the wings - the reason Wood is playing on a wing , he tried Battle and it didn't workout.
I suppose they like Wood on the wing because he can run back and help the backs with his height and when have you ever seen a wingman get 16 contested possessions.

Ratten has tried to put or best endurance runners on the wings - the reason Wood is playing on a wing , he tried Battle and it didn't workout.
I suppose they like Wood on the wing because he can run back and help the backs with his height and when have you ever seen a wingman get 16 contested possessions.

It's funny with that game. I remember him doing a couple of good things but didn't really notice him much at all. His stats show that he had a belter but certainly wasn't obvious to me.

He's been more than handy as a true utility. He played the HFF/Wing role last year well and can play off the HBF or pure wing. He often does a few eye catching things but goes missing for large patches.

At North he was a KP or third tall forward and he really didn't suit the accountable role and was easily shut out of matches. Having him get on his bike and run is definitely a much better use of his assets.

He'd be unlucky to lose his spot and maybe we push a kid out instead but I think he'll always hover around the fringes but he's much better than any of those recent types we have found apart from Hayes.

It's funny with that game. I remember him doing a couple of good things but didn't really notice him much at all. His stats show that he had a belter but certainly wasn't obvious to me.

He's been more than handy as a true utility. He played the HFF/Wing role last year well and can play off the HBF or pure wing. He often does a few eye catching things but goes missing for large patches.

At North he was a KP or third tall forward and he really didn't suit the accountable role and was easily shut out of matches. Having him get on his bike and run is definitely a much better use of his assets.

He'd be unlucky to lose his spot and maybe we push a kid out instead but I think he'll always hover around the fringes but he's much better than any of those recent types we have found apart from Hayes.
Playing both Billings and Jones who played on limited time at VFL and then expecting them to run out a full game against good opposition could back fire , I would only bring one back into the 22 and of course Marshall.
Both are best 22 but I feel they are underdone and I would prefer Byrnes back into the 22 because we know he is match hardened and ready to go that is if there is a position for him.
Anyway the fitness guys would of been looking at the GPS and seeing who was fading against Port and sprinting bursts in the last quarter usually tells who needs a rest and who doesn't.
I fully expected Winghager to be rested or even used as a med sub.

We did lose last week however do we justify dropping 2 players to fit in 2 underdone stars when the current 22 hasn't been doing to bad , losing to Port by one point after our 2nd road trip in 2 weeks is not the end of the world.
My only concern are the two youngsters might not of recovered from the shocking conditions of the Cow paddock they just played on.

May won’t take King. Petty will. He’s your most important inclusion. I’d be surprised to see May ever take any of the Kings again. When you see May play on athletic talls like Kings and Norton, he does not fare well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
huh? that's crazy. May literally towelled up King when matched up on him. King had 3 possessions for the match and embarrassed him and all the commentators were saying they should play King in the ruck just so he could touch the ball. May also polled 2 Brownlow votes. Not sure where you got your data from? May is the AA full back, no-one troubles him.

Agree he's a fringe player and has been a very handy pick up for absolutely nothing.

His form has mostly been solid, he has been able to play a role with a few injuries to important players

But he just has quite been able to perform at the level that will keep him in the 22 once we are fully fit

The chances of us remaining fully fit for the rest of the year are small though so he will likely get more opportunities

23 Disposals 16 contested, 4 Clearances. He's not a fringe player if he does that each week.

huh? that's crazy. May literally towelled up King when matched up on him. King had 3 possessions for the match and embarrassed him and all the commentators were saying they should play King in the ruck just so he could touch the ball. May also polled 2 Brownlow votes. Not sure where you got your data from? May is the AA full back, no-one troubles him.

May is an inbred troglodyte, King will turn him into his bitch and use him as a step ladder for 2 hours. Melbourne are pretenders, you know you are about to lose 3 games straight and fall back into mediocrity. It's the Melbourne way. At least you'll always have those giant head cut-outs to comfort you and you can go eat a Beardy Jaffle with that other giant garden gnome looking dude in his food van.

People make out that Dees supporters are blue-bloods but I've found them to be some of the most basic human beings in existence. Room temperature IQ, knuckle dragging, dribbler types.

May is an inbred troglodyte, King will turn him into his bitch and use him as a step ladder for 2 hours. Melbourne are pretenders, you know you are about to lose 3 games straight and fall back into mediocrity. It's the Melbourne way. At least you'll always have those giant head cut-outs to comfort you and you can go eat a Beardy Jaffle with that other giant garden gnome looking dude in his food van.

People make out that Dees supporters are blue-bloods but I've found them to be some of the most basic human beings in existence. Room temperature IQ, knuckle dragging, dribbler types.
And so say all of us, and so say all of us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always liked Wood at North. Seemed to get injured a lot and sort of curtailed his progression. Seemed to be a thorn in our side when we played them.

Has had a pretty good run with injury lately and is going Ok on a wing.
It’s funny people would say he’d fall out of games. But at the saints he hasn’t really had that issue. It seems like he has but really the only times he starts on fire then tapers off is when he goes off injured

lol Kings biceps are as big as May's wrists 😆 😂

We will give the rest of the competition hope this weekend. Bookmark it. The sack of potatoes will get exposed.
Seriously, people are talking about Neal Bullen like he’s an A grader. Give me a break.
Melbourne are great atm because everyone else is shit. 2009 Saints beat them by 10 goals.

Wood played some pretty good games at Norf as a forward but got a few knocks I think and it meant he was in and out of the team. I would like him in the forward half rather than wing as he can slot a few goals from nowhere. Butler was dropped to the Tiger VFL team as he wasn’t hitting the scoreboard as a small forward. I don’t think he was recruited by us as a defensive forward.
None of really matters though. Whoever or whatever these blokes were we've just got to go with what works until better options become available.
Once Jones, JB and Clark are up and going we have some opportunity to make changes but till then it's a bad idea.

You just referenced a two year old game playing on a skinny kid? May is an exceptional player but hes 4 inches shorter then King and pretty hard to outmark that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back