• Demons

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 32 46.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All unwanted intrusions from Dees supporters aside (**** me they are the worst, i hope we learn what not to do when we win one from those classless pricks).

I cant see us winning this. Weve got a shot, best team on the night and all that sure, but they havent dropped a game and barely broken out of 3rd gear all year. For me when the whips are cracking their best stand up and theyll get the job done again. I hate supporting honorable losses but if we do lose i just hope we keep them honest the whole game. Feels like they wont lose to the same team twice this year and id rather get them in September than now anyway.

huh? that's crazy. May literally towelled up King when matched up on him. King had 3 possessions for the match and embarrassed him and all the commentators were saying they should play King in the ruck just so he could touch the ball. May also polled 2 Brownlow votes. Not sure where you got your data from? May is the AA full back, no-one troubles him.
Out of all the oppo supporters that come into our weekly preview threads each year, I'd say Melbourne supporters are the ones that do it the most. I'm still unsure why.

Out of all the oppo supporters that come into our weekly preview threads each year, I'd say Melbourne supporters are the ones that do it the most. I'm still unsure why.

All 8 of their supporters comment and then there is no one to talk to?

Ive hated Melbourne supporters for years.

After the got flogged in that prelim by West Coast a few years back every single one i knew was walking around all pre season just going "flag is ours" for some reason most of them seemed to do the same after they got flogged by Essendon in 2000.

Theyre just entitled bandwagon pricks. In theory they should be our bretheren (much like the dogs were) but a worse group of supporters ive yet to meet.

All unwanted intrusions from Dees supporters aside (fu** me they are the worst, i hope we learn what not to do when we win one from those classless pricks).

I cant see us winning this. Weve got a shot, best team on the night and all that sure, but they havent dropped a game and barely broken out of 3rd gear all year. For me when the whips are cracking their best stand up and theyll get the job done again. I hate supporting honorable losses but if we do lose i just hope we keep them honest the whole game. Feels like they wont lose to the same team twice this year and id rather get them in September than now anyway.

They haven't been tested either. They are still in third gear and ripe for the picking. We are going pretty well too and if we kick straight I reckon this will be a lot closer than some think. They aren't as hard edged as some of those past dominant teams. There is still some intangible flakiness to them some how. You could easily get them on the back foot if you go at them hard.

They are the best team in a soft era. The Dees are a very good team but the league is pretty low in high end competition right now. It's a very even year with teams around 15 still quite capable of causing upsets. North and WC are the two that look the softest and Essendon already look cooked but apart from them there is a lot of quality outside the 8.

Melbourne have just been going lately beating Hawthorn by 10 points is no great win considering how they got smashed by the Swans 6 day's earlier, in theory they are due for a loss and splattering to wins is an indication of it happening.

We match up well and play well at the "G" we also have a good record against them & 2 key ruckman which is what they have also not sure they have played against a compotent pair like ours.

Midfield battle will be even i reckon with Gresh's speed being a factor it will come down to us holding Lever as that intercept marker.

I think we can win

Ive hated Melbourne supporters for years.

After the got flogged in that prelim by West Coast a few years back every single one i knew was walking around all pre season just going "flag is ours" for some reason most of them seemed to do the same after they got flogged by Essendon in 2000.

Theyre just entitled bandwagon pricks. In theory they should be our bretheren (much like the dogs were) but a worse group of supporters ive yet to meet.

That blue blood thing is a real footy show invention and comes from lots of MCC members being in their ranks. They are as rough a bunch of bogans as the Dogs or Pies supporters. You might find a cheese platter in the crowd occasionally but I know more millionaires that follow the Dogs and Saints than the Dees. They are a toothless hoard of mouth breathers.

Last edited:
They haven't been tested either. They are still in third gear and ripe for the picking. We are going pretty well too and if we kick straight I reckon this will be a lot closer than some think. They aren't as hard edged as some of those past dominant teams. There is still some intangible flakiness to them some how. You could easily get them on the back foot if you go at them hard.

They are the best team in a soft era. The Dees are a very good team but the league is pretty low in high end competition right now. It's a very even year with teams around 15 still quite capable of causing upsets. North and WC are the two that look the softest and Essendon already look cooked but apart from them there is a lot of quality outside the 8.
Yeh i agree with this holistically but i also feel like theyll rise to whatever they have to to just get the job done.
That blue blood thing is a real footy show invention and comes from lots of AFL members being in their ranks. They are as rough a bunch of bogans as the Dogs or Pies supporters. You might find a cheese platter in the crowd occasionally but I know more millionaires that follow the Dogs and Saints than the Dees. They are a toothless hoard of mouth breathers.
Ive found them to a really mixed bag in terms of socioeconomic standing (the RMs and Polo Ralph crew and some proper suburban bogans) but the thing that (nearly) all share is the entitlement and arrogance.

I specifically remember a convo with one who without a hint of sarcasm said hed rather Jack Watts than Dustin Martin because Jack is a "Melbourne man" and they would win a flag with Jack over Dustin anyway. This was in 2018 as well so its not like it was before Dusty was being Dusty.

You're spot on Gringo... they're no powerhouse.

I just want us to take it up to them physically & hit them as hard as possible. Rattle them with extreme pressure & watch the GOPs that are carried by Petracca & Gawn fall away.

They've always been pseudo tough guys & nothing that they've done in the past 12 months has convinced me otherwise.

Absolutely pumped for this one... the junior footy gods have smiled on me this week... a bye for my daughter & an early morning game for my son = Congrats wifey, a mother's day at the G!

King is a great young player but you're talking about the AA fullback. He rarely gets beaten. And King wouldn't phase him in the slightest.
He rarely plays anywhere near an actual opponent either. I rate May, hes a gun but youre the one suggesting he'll stand shoulder to shoulder with King and he just wont.

If you ever watched footy instead of frothing over blokes biceps youd know that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King is a great young player but you're talking about the AA fullback. He rarely gets beaten. And King wouldn't phase him in the slightest.

May is just another Rance. Looks good taking uncontested marks but make him defend & he's nothing special.

Max will have a field day if we kick the ball to him effectively, then its just a matter of taking his opportunities.

You May regret saying that after max jumps on his head.

We just need to keep May distracted

aRawzFk.gif

Boak said in an interview that Cairns was the toughest conditions he had ever played in. He said they another game on before which chopped up the ground, I can't believe the AFL allowed that.

With the above in mind, I can't see how our blokes can recover in time to match it with the Dees. Good old AFL have shafted us once again with the draw.

Yeh i agree with this holistically but i also feel like theyll rise to whatever they have to to just get the job done.

Ive found them to a really mixed bag in terms of socioeconomic standing (the RMs and Polo Ralph crew and some proper suburban bogans) but the thing that (nearly) all share is the entitlement and arrogance.

I specifically remember a convo with one who without a hint of sarcasm said hed rather Jack Watts than Dustin Martin because Jack is a "Melbourne man" and they would win a flag with Jack over Dustin anyway. This was in 2018 as well so its not like it was before Dusty was being Dusty.

Surely no-one was talking about winning a flag with Jack Watt's in 2018. Maybe going to the Royal with Jack Watts AFTER winning a flag.

Boak said in an interview that Cairns was the toughest conditions he had ever played in. He said they another game on before which chopped up the ground, I can't believe the AFL allowed that.

With the above in mind, I can't see how our blokes can recover in time to match it with the Dees. Good old AFL have shafted us once again with the draw.

I noticed that a couple , like NWM and Windy seemed to go OK in the conditions, and wondered if they were the ones with most recent experience on crap grounds.

Surely no-one was talking about winning a flag with Jack Watt's in 2018. Maybe going to the Royal with Jack Watts AFTER winning a flag.
I shit you not. He was adamant that Jack was a good private school lad who was respectful and well behaved while Dusty was just a tattooed thug.

Cant imagine what he thought of Nathan Jones.

I shit you not. He was adamant that Jack was a good private school lad who was respectful and well behaved while Dusty was just a tattooed thug.

Cant imagine what he thought of Nathan Jones.

This is the boob snorter we're talking about? He might have looked like he could have been choir boy but he had a reputation for being a bit of the rails.

This is the boob snorter we're talking about? He might have looked like he could have been choir boy but he had a reputation for being a bit of the rails.
This may have been pre loving pools and **** but i mentioned there were PLENTY of rumours about the Brighton Grammar boy, he refused to believe them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back