Preview Round 8 - Richmond vs Fremantle (MCG, 1.10pm, Sun 14 May)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldo named in the forward line.

What are people's thoughts on this? I don't think he will have a great game. Play him in the ruck, his extra size and height will help vs Sandilands and Nankervis would be a more useful forward
dont think he will play

What are people's thoughts on this? I don't think he will have a great game. Play him in the ruck, his extra size and height will help vs Sandilands and Nankervis would be a more useful forward

No problem with it tbh. Reckon he offers as much as Elton with more upside.

Soldo wont play, beisdes the fact that playing blokes just because they are tall is a dumb idea he is the same weight as nank so its not like nank will get ragdolled and soldo wont.

Based on the ins I would go-

IN: Nankervis, Lennon, Edwards, Batchelor

OUT: Soldo, C. Ellis, Markov, Vlastuin

Grimes, Astbury, Batchelor
Houli, Rance, Short
Cotchin, Miles, McIntosh
Lennon, Elton, Butler
Rioli, Riewoldt, Castagna
Nankervis, Martin, Caddy
Grigg, B. Ellis, Lambert, Edwards

Soldo wont play, beisdes the fact that playing blokes just because they are tall is a dumb idea he is the same weight as nank so its not like nank will get ragdolled and soldo wont.
Id rather let soldo learn a lesson and take experience from it than elton who has no future at afl level

I like Soldo being in the team...prefer him to be main,y in the ruck and Nank CHF...alternating

So my changes would be
In: Nankervis Lennon Edwards
Out: Vlastuin Elton Castagna

FB: Short Rance Grimes
HB: Houli Astbury Mcintosh
C: Grigg Miles Cellis
HF: Markov Riewoldt Edwards
FF: Rioli Martin Lennon
FOLL: Nankervis Cotchin Caddy
INT: Bellis Butler Soldo Lambert

How many times does dimma need to play two ruckman to work out it does not work. Will be disappointed if we go in with two

I like the idea of putting him forward.

Nankervis' contribution around the ground is important, so I'd leave him in the ruck. If I recall correctly, he wasn't too bad in the JLT game against Collingwood up forward in the 4th quarter.

LENNO!!!!!!!!!!!! Stick it up the haters! Hope he gets a look in when teams confirmed.
Soldo to come out.
Considering Castagna has been named on the ground as per Richmond website, I doubt he comes out so Markov might be in trouble.
Don't think Edwards gets up, will play VFL.
Must admit Lloyd is stiff to not even get named on the extended bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id rather let soldo learn a lesson and take experience from it than elton who has no future at afl level

I would rather win but i guess your idea is cool as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many times does dimma need to play two ruckman to work out it does not work. Will be disappointed if we go in with two
Whilst I agree, Sandi is a unique challenge. From memory we had good success til halftime 2 years back using Hampson and Maric in tandem in that close game that Houli handed to Freo. Hampson then got injured, Sandi dominated Maric and Dockers capitalised. So on that basis, I can live with Soldo and Nank in tandem

Soldo needs to come out IMO. Promising debut but ultimately had no influence after quarter time when he was rucking against something that resembled an AFL ruckman.

Elton is warming into the CHF role and deserves another crack.

Batchelor for Vlassy, Nank for Soldo and Lennon/sheds for George

Couldn't have put it better.
Sheds for George is a like for like (though step up in class) but the question is whether he will be under done.
This promises to be a very physical game.
Lennon might get the gig if the MC thinks he is ready to throw his weight around.

He's become the Dean Jones of Richmond - we all want him back but he must have pissed off the selectors.

No we don't all want him in. TBH not fussed either way, he is clever and a natural forward but looked poor in preseason. He isn't overly quick so struggles to provide the pressure of the 3 amigos and isn't tall enough to play as a third tall.

IMO while he doesn't make us worse he doesn't really make us better. Lloyd could go ahead of Castagna but Georgie needs to get 50-100 games under his belt so the game slows down for him.

I hope Soldo plays really, I think he will be better for the run and I think we will win either way.

I'm just unsure about what impact he can have playing as a forward.

He is named on field on the AFL website but they tend to not be very accurate.

I would rather win but i guess your idea is cool as well
Winning is just a bandaid.

Seriously, we should be able to do both, this is Soldo for Elton remember? Not Soldo for Jack. Apologies to todd if reading, but he is just so awkward to watch, I think at least a Soldo/Nank tag team would add a bit of bite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back