Preview Round 8 - Richmond vs Fremantle (MCG, 1.10pm, Sun 14 May)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love our banner to say something like:
"Tigers to triumph over insufficient intent Dockers"

Would be clever so it won't happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been the theme all season, everytime carlton play they make reference to their kids at least 7-8 times each telecast, havent heard it once about us even though we are consistently putting out a younger side each and every week.

No credit for the tigers
It's because we aren't shit like them. Youth card is an excuse for shitness.

Apologies for the intrusion Tigers fans.

I know we've never gotten on too well in the past - for example I remember taking my parents to their first ever AFL game at Subi in 2015 when you broke our 9-game winning streak, it was a very tough experience to say the least!

However you can't deny the incredible battles we've had over the years - we often play each other twice a year and your boys seem to match up really well over here and we seem to hold our own over your way. 2015 at Subi you break our streak, only for Mundy to get us over the line at the G by 4 points later in the year. In 2013 we had an epic sealer at Subi on a Friday night in the dying seconds, only to get pantsed by you later in the year.

It's a good rivalry. One thing I'll give your coach is he's certainly done his homework on us - he's watched all our games this year and seems to know some of our younger players better than any other coach in the comp. I get the feeling you will win this game if it's a full team contribution - we still have some guns but if you've got 22 players in form than our inexperienced players will be overwhelmed; that's what happened to us against the Eagles.

The reason we beat Melbourne, North and Essendon is because they've got a number of key players balanced with some average, role-player types that our guns Fyfe, Neale, Mundy, Brad Hill, Cam Mac etc were able to dominate. Your midfield will have to be comprehensive in their setup; whereas I fear that your defenders will give our inexperienced talls some worry (Kersten, Taberner and to a degree Cam Mac).

In any event I hope it's another heart stopper and that we may be able to build a slow, grudging respect for each other in the years to come.

Am I right in saying you have won the last two at the MCG and we've won two in a row at Subi? And we always seem to go better in the West.

Am I right in saying you have won the last two at the MCG and we've won two in a row at Subi? And we always seem to go better in the West.

That is correct - although last year (when we finished 16th) we only played you once at Domain, had we played you twice we would have been annihilated.

According to the freo board Dusty "goes forward because he can go missing in the midfield"

Nahhh, nothing to do with him being an impossible match up when hes forward

:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the freo board Dusty "goes forward because he can go missing in the midfield"

Harley Bennell been spreadin the love out West

Thats not true we had Maric who even at this stage of his career (some will say cooked) is a better option than Soldo.

We clearly gave Soldo a game for the experience with an eye on the longer term.We picked our target well, against a team who only had a bloke who is more kpp than ruck in Boyd.

What i complain about is the refusal to do a similar thing with say Moore or Chol we are screaming out for a third tall option up fwd.
When Soldo played Ivan in the inter club match, he looked better than Ivan and beat him I thought. And he has dominated games at VFL also, so I think the Soldo is a little underrated. And yes, the long term option is Soldo as well.

In: Nankervis, Batchelor & Lennon.

Out: Soldo, Vlastuin & C.Ellis.

Castagna would want a big game or he is out for Edwards or Bolton next week (form permitting)

There is no way Ross will underestimate Martin. He's already brought him up in his weekly presser!
Martin is a game changer, and will cut us up if we leave him getting his own way!

In: Nankervis, Batchelor & Lennon.

Out: Soldo, Vlastuin & C.Ellis.

Castagna would want a big game or he is out for Edwards or Bolton next week (form permitting)
forgot about him

im liking him as a replacement for vlas down back

I hope Ross the Boss has this same lack of knowledge of our rotating mids forward setup.
Unfortunately I wouldnt put my money on it. He has this uncanny talent to know who the most damaging player is to a certain play style. Back when he was the Saints coach he would always tag Lids off the half back becauae we drove so much run from him. Everyone else would take cotchin out of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back