Preview Round 8 - Richmond vs Fremantle (MCG, 1.10pm, Sun 14 May)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must win game. Not even exaggerating.
Out: Vlastuin, Soldo, Castagna
In: Lennon, Nankervis, Bolton/Lloyd

If we can limit McCarthy's influence it should go a long way to limiting their scoring potential.
I think our forward line will trouble their backline. If we deliver the ball inside 50 like we did in the first quarter for an extended period of time, we should win.

Tigers by 20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ins: Nank, Lennon, Lloyd/Bolton

Outs: Soldo, Vlas, Castagna

One more week for C. Ellis, Markov.
Menadue has shown he is no better at AFL level than these two.
Townsend possibly as an inclusion in the next couple of weeks. With Shane Edwards to come back before the dreamtime at the expense of one of Butler/Castagna. Not much else at VFL level to try. Injuries are starting to surmount and depth is being seriously tested.

Must win game. Not even exaggerating.
Out: Vlastuin, Soldo, Castagna
In: Lennon, Nankervis, Bolton/Lloyd

If we can limit McCarthy's influence it should go a long way to limiting their scoring potential.
I think our forward line will trouble their backline. If we deliver the ball inside 50 like we did in the first quarter for an extended period of time, we should win.

Tigers by 20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I must've been typing my ins/outs as you posted yours. Great minds think alike haha

Does anyone know if there will be any umpires at the game?
If so we're f..ked

If we are going to get more of what was dished out to Dusty and Shorty it may be time to turn back the clock and have the captains call the frees.

If you want an example of why the media is an absolute joke (as if you didn't know that already), look no further than articles on the AFL app.

One article was about the upsets this weekend, in which it stated that the Bulldogs defeated us in an upset. Then in another article it was talking about how Essendon ran tired after three games within 12 days.
Do we get a mention when we play three games within 12 days? Of course not. Do they bend the truth and say we were favourites to beat the Dogs when we certainly were not, in order to make us look worse? Absolutely.
How do these muppets have jobs?

If you want an example of why the media is an absolute joke (as if you didn't know that already), look no further than articles on the AFL app.

One article was about the upsets this weekend, in which it stated that the Bulldogs defeated us in an upset. Then in another article it was talking about how Essendon ran tired after three games within 12 days.
Do we get a mention when we play three games within 12 days? Of course not. Do they bend the truth and say we were favourites to beat the Dogs when we certainly were not, in order to make us look worse? Absolutely.
In fairness ... and it's going to make me feel physically ill saying anything that might be construed as defending the media :p ... I think that article may have been stating that it's the first time in history that all of the lower placed teams on the ladder in each game has won. Dogs were below us this week so they classify that as an upset. I'll have to check for it again, not sure if it was in the whole history of the league or since we've had 18 teams!
EDIT: http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/af...ain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Sport_Desktop
The story is actually linked at the bottom of this page, lol. That's where i saw it at work. It says it's the first time all 9 games had the lower ranked side winning. Bit vague, doesn't say if it's happened before when there were less teams.

Don't subscribe to the media...Herakd Sun, 3AW, SEN et al ...they are all hunting for a response to sell papers or advertising and are happy to exploit the RFC to do so

They can all get ****ed

Mothers Day Sunday any chance we could deliver another Mothers Day massacre like the one back in 1991.

pretty confident we will turn up for this one and grab the 4 points, but you only have to look at what freo did to Melbourne at the G a few weeks ago to know that they will push sides all the way and are capable of playing some quality footy.

have to try and stop the run of Hill who has been brilliant all year and obviously try and shark Sandis hit outs because Nank won't win many lets face it.

no whole sale changes, lets keep Elton in after his best game of the year and maybe look at getting Prestia back in, although i wouldn't be against him coming back through the VFL when he is fit, he has been disappointing to say the least

In fairness ... and it's going to make me feel physically ill saying anything that might be construed as defending the media :p ... I think that article may have been stating that it's the first time in history that all of the lower placed teams on the ladder in each game has won. Dogs were below us this week so they classify that as an upset. I'll have to check for it again, not sure if it was in the whole history of the league or since we've had 18 teams!
EDIT: http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/af...ain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Sport_Desktop
The story is actually linked at the bottom of this page, lol. That's where i saw it at work. It says it's the first time all 9 games had the lower ranked side winning. Bit vague, doesn't say if it's happened before when there were less teams.

It wasn't that article although it was pretty similar. You could still be right as I can't find the article on the app anymore (although in fairness I didn't look that hard :p )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't subscribe to the media...Herakd Sun, 3AW, SEN et al ...they are all hunting for a response to sell papers or advertising and are happy to exploit the RFC to do so

They can all get ******
Agreed. I have boycotted SEN since they employed Gary "lock up your daughters" Lyon.

First timer here. Tend to agree with most about the ins of Nankervis, Lennon, Lloyd/Bolton for Soldo, Vlas and Castagna. The Tigers will bounce back this week with a little more rest imo. The big question for me is whether we play Soldo or Elton as Forward/2nd ruck. I'm presuming we will we stick with Elton who improved last game and may grow in confidence given more game time but I like what Soldo brought to the table. Stating the obvious but we are screwed for big men after delisting Bean, offloading Vickery along with Hampson, Maric and Griff being injured. Can Moore or Chol make it this year?

First timer here. Tend to agree with most about the ins of Nankervis, Lennon, Lloyd/Bolton for Soldo, Vlas and Castagna. The Tigers will bounce back this week with a little more rest imo. The big question for me is whether we play Soldo or Elton as Forward/2nd ruck. I'm presuming we will we stick with Elton who improved last game and may grow in confidence given more game time but I like what Soldo brought to the table. Stating the obvious but we are screwed for big men after delisting Bean, offloading Vickery along with Hampson, Maric and Griff being injured. Can Moore or Chol make it this year?
Welcome to the board TT!!

having Hampson, Maric, Griffiths, Nank out, Chol not ready, Moore not good enough doesn't help - that is a lot of injury/suspension for any team to deal with ....

Think soldo goes back and knows now what afl level football is like . Key is he showed that he could be a long term solution along with nank. Both early 20s , plenty of improvement in them. No need to trade in rucks anymore .

Cheers Tb! I've been following Richmond bigfooty for a long time now and I finally decided to jump in. As an expat I may not have the info but I will try to compensate with the banter.
Don't worry. You'll fit right in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back