Trades Round 8 Trades - Get rookies on the bubble n00bs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have to bring Witts in.

Gawn is too expensive. :(

S.Hayes isn't going to cut it at R2 short term so might have to trade McCreery > Witts via Dixon.

JHF > Clark and Rachele > Oliver will be my other trades I reckon.

I'll get Gawn back in eventually via Preuss.

Would love Stewart at D5 over NOD but I think getting Witts and Oliver in are more pressing issues.

Last edited:
Huge Dixon for Curtis

Means appox. $260k to upgrade JHF to either a mid or def premo.

Then Ward to Clark next week and hold trades for a week or two.

Most have been/are putting effort into their midfield including me, so its time to look at other obvious targets floating around.
Luke Parker

Since 2014: 108, 99, 112, 99, 103, 105, 106, 109.....2022 After Rnd 6: 96.3 avg.
Rarely if ever misses a game. Never "rested" or "managed". Consistently good point scorer over a full season due to that resilience, good performer in back half of season.
Average doesnt say everything....total points matters. Its why guys like Dal Santo wouldn't look quite as pretty as others on avge, but for many years sneakily held the record as biggest SC point scorer. Normally applies only to choice of starting mids Rnd 1 when far less trades were available to us, but Parker is a loose example. Set and forget.
Started big with a Rnd 1 167, then 3 stinkers in a row saw his price plummet. Recent form Rnd5 123, Rnd6 100.
No explanation has come for those 3 stinkers in a row. Likely just role experimenting with Horse moving younger guys around early season.
As season evolves/club injuries he may also go back to being 100% inside midfielder. Regular excellent performer second half of season.
If he was say $525-550K and got that MID/FWD DPP, we'd likely still be looking at him closely as a fwd target.
As "set and forget" as a FWD will get. Will climb in price this week but likely still a buy next week. Worth a peek today to decide. If not for ruckpocalypse he would have been my #1 upgrade target this week. Everyone has had too many other priorities.

Likely, injury dependent.
JHF > Clark
Turdin > Parker (unless he stinks it up)

I'm regretting bringing in Parker now after considering POD Dylan Moore all week. With his season low score of 88 and 147 yesterday after recording career high disposals playing on the wing. Parker had better average 110 from here.

I might have to bring Witts in.

Gawn is too expensive. :(

S.Hayes isn't going to cut it at R2 short term so might have to trade McCreery > Witts via Dixon.

JHF > Clark and Rachele > Oliver will be my other trades I reckon.

I'll get Gawn back in eventually via Preuss.

Would love Stewart at D5 over NOD but I think getting Witts and Oliver in are more pressing issues.
I’m praying Sean Darcy can recapture some form and fitness.

Any love for Petracca this week? At a fairly good price and a proven 110+ scorer. Got Macrae, Steele, Neale, Oliver, Touk and Cripps so looking for the next best to bring in this week. Not really sure who I should go and want to leave 1 more slot for the best performer coming into the second half of the season.

Would expect him to be a top 10 mid, I got him last week and he delievered with 131. I'd only have Macrae, Neale, Steele, Oliver, Cripps & Touk in that midfielder list ahead of him, then you have Walsh, Trac, Laird and Mills to round out the top 10 IMO. Parish & Zerrert also options.

Ridley, Daicos, Berry -> Stewart, Cripps, (1 of Clark, Rioli, Carroll - JS pending)

Spring Clean

Leaves Pendlebury at D6
Martin at F6
Green at M5
Gawn at R1

Balance of mids to be next focus.
Plus 1 Ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ATS, pending BE and pending Robbie's score today

Rachele > McComb
Dixon > Strndica

May think about using a boost and getting Clark in for JHF also, but don't really need to.

I was planning these trades.....

JHF > Clark
Rachele > Gawn

.......but with Gawn going MASSIVE, and these rookies both SUCKING, has meant I need to use another boost to afford it.

So boost activated!

Ward > Carroll

Need Horne-Francis and Rachele off my field. Impossible task, any suggestions!??

Need Horne-Francis and Rachele off my field. Impossible task, any suggestions!??

Click on the S, then click on someone on the bench. Done!

.... but seriously, post team and cash please

Thinking Dixon > Coleman depending on how Coleman goes today.

Might also go a week early on either Carroll or Clark, so I can get the other and do at least one upgrade in round 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back