Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ranked around 150 so going to start some massive upgrading over the next few weeks to keep in touch and hopefully make a bit of a charge, this week will go Neade -> Franklin and M.Jones -> Priddis. Will get J.Selwood and M.Murphy over the next couple of weeks after that.

Ranked around 150 so going to start some massive upgrading over the next few weeks to keep in touch and hopefully make a bit of a charge, this week will go Neade -> Franklin and M.Jones -> Priddis. Will get J.Selwood and M.Murphy over the next couple of weeks after that.
150 is red hot, I was in the top 3k but dropped considereably after 2 horrid rounds.

Whats your side look like?

What a horror fortnight.

Tentatively:

Yarran > Priddis
Wines > Hannath​

Then, pending performances:

Stevenson > Colquhoun​
Heath > Thurlow​

Am I mad to contemplate foregoing Franklin (versus GWS and Gold Coast) and Johnson (versus Collingwood and Port) for a fortnight? The above nets me about $850K heading into Round 10 so I can pick them up then for Neade and Dwyer. I am a bit concerned that I am chasing dollars rather than points; however I have Gibbs, Goodes, Fyfe and Crouch returning this week.

Or I can skip Hannath and grab one of Franklin or Johnson this week.

150 is red hot, I was in the top 3k but dropped considereably after 2 horrid rounds.

Whats your side look like?

I'm quite surprised considering I don't think that I have a particularly strong team compared to past years where I've finished in the 2000 odd ranks. After my trades this week it'll look as follows:

Goddard, Shaw, Gibbs, Birchall, Hartlett, Vlastuin (Pittard, L.Brown)
Ablett, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Priddis, Mundy, Moloney, O'Meara, Goodes (Crouch, Lonergan)
Goldstein, Leuenberger (Gawn, Currie)
Cox, Franklin, Rockliff, Martin, Monfries, Kennedy (Mayes, Rowe)

Will look to go Mundy to J.Selwood next week (Mundy can't handle a tag and isn't going to end up more than a 95 to 100 ppg player this year), should have enough cash for that one trade.

Monfries and Hartlett are my main weak spots atm and probably went a week early on Lonergan but has helped to build up the war chest.

is sam kerridge at 200k with a low BE still be worth a look given how little there is in the fwd rookie

is sam kerridge at 200k with a low BE still be worth a look given how little there is in the fwd rookie
Personally, yes. Not much on the horizon in terms of a fwd rookie, maybe Staker but i wouldnt be bringing him in until he is on the bubble due to injury history and having Voss as coach. I'd say jump on the Kerridge train! I would have traded him in when he was on the bubble a couple weeks back if not for injuries in my line up

Personally, yes. Not much on the horizon in terms of a fwd rookie, maybe Staker but i wouldnt be bringing him in until he is on the bubble due to injury history and having Voss as coach. I'd say jump on the Kerridge train! I would have traded him in when he was on the bubble a couple weeks back if not for injuries in my line up

If Eddiebetts get's weeks for his hit on Wright, Menzel is half a chance to get a game in the next week or 2.

Neade > Buddy, Lucas > Priddis. I'm keeping Jon Griffin around for a bit to make for an easier upgrade to NicNat when he drops, so that means Cox goes into the ruck for a bit. Hopefully Jackson Thurlow keeps getting games for a bit, then I can cull Terlich to upgrade Griffin next week.

who do i trade in and out.

Backs Houli Gibbs Goodes Bench Plowman, Docherty
HB: L stevenson Ellis Vlastuin

Mids: Pendlebury Swan hannebery bench viney and wines
melony cotchin omeara
Fyfe lucas

Ruck: Bellchambers jenkins bench Daw and Blicavs

Forward Rockliff bartell kennedy bench Neade and hitchcock
frankilin lacras thomas

I have $143.800 in the bank

Please help with assistance on trades

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mids: Pendlebury Swan hannebery bench viney and wines
melony cotchin omeara
Fyfe lucas

Ruck: Bellchambers jenkins bench Daw and Blicavs

Forward Rockliff bartell kennedy bench Neade and hitchcock
frankilin lacras thomas

Who is Bench and what's his JS like?

Sub Plowman, Docherty

Mids: Pendlebury Swan hannebery
melony cotchin omeara
Fyfe lucas

Sub viney and wines

Ruck: Bellchambers jenkins

Sub Daw and Blicavs

Forward Rockliff bartell kennedy frankilin lacras thomas

Sub Neade and hitchcock

Anyone think downgrading Blicavs for Daw is worth it? It would only leave me with 18 trades for the rest of the season. Both seem to have good JS at the moment. Would only be my third ruck anyway.

Can i get some advice was looking this week at the following trades:

Wines - Deledio (or Priddis bit undecided)
Stevenson - Sierawoski

Will leave me with $238,600, 21 trades and team looking like so:

Backs: Duffield, Goddard, Gibbs, Terlich, Goodes, Vlastuin (Sierawoski, Frost)

Mids: Ablett, Pendlebury, Cotchin, Murphy, Dangerfield, Deledio, Mayes, O'Meara, (Viney, Saunders)

Rucks: Cox, Goldstein (Hannath, Currie)

Forwards: Franklin, A Walker, J Kennedy, D Martin, Zorko, Neade (Macaffer, Lee)

Finally a week with no injuries or suspensions (touch wood), so it's time to belatedly get rid of Giles. Would have been gone weeks ago had Kreuzer not been injured. After a promising start to the season Treloar has fallen away badly and has to go too.

So this week it's ...
Giles > Daw
Treloar > Reiwoldt
kitty: $681,300

Next week it's time to spend up big ...
Currie > Naitanui
Macaffer > Harvey

On SC Gold's projections I'll fall about $6000 short of affording that, but they are just projections. If I can't make it then either Gawn or Dwyer will be traded out instead of Currie or Macaffer respectively.

You'd think Naitanui, Reiwoldt, Harvey and Daw should score a little more between them than Giles, Treloar, Macaffer and Currie :D

^^ They look like good trades but another option may be trading Neade if you are happy to swing Mayes into your forward line and lose the m/f link. That way you can effectively play Wines over Neade/Macaffer

My team is pretty much a train wreck at the moment

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Goodes, Stevenson, Heath, Terlich (Shaw, Yarran)

C: GAJ, Pendles, Watson, Rockliff, Wines, O'Meara, Mayes, Vlastuin (Cotchin, Crouch)

R: Goldstein, Leuenberger (Gawn, Currie)

F: Martin, Cox, Franklin, Chapman, Kennedy, Dwyer (Macaffer, Neade)

Shaw's suspension and Yarran's injury means I'll probably have to hold Stevenson and Heath for a little while :mad: Pretty much the worst case scenario occurred with Yarran, if he was a late withdrawal he wouldn't have bled cash and if he was not selected in the first case I would have traded him instead of Atley to Heath Shaw (lol). I am really hoping Chapman, Cotchin & Gibbs come back this weekend!

Anyway my trades will probably be Neade -> Lonergan & Yarran -> Priddis this week. That means I still have to play at least one of Heath/Stevenson in my backline and both of them if Gibbs doesn't play :mad:

If Chapman isn't selected I will rage trade him. I don't give a **** if it is a dumb trade that is 3 weeks too late I can not deal with him screwing me over again!

Will prob grab Thurlow for Viney next week. Even with his low BE, he won't rise that much more you would think.
Thoughts?
If you held onto Viney while he was playing injured why trade him out now he's back in form? Even with projected scores in the 50s he's expected to rise in value by over $60k over the next two weeks.

If you held onto Viney while he was playing injured why trade him out now he's back in form? Even with projected scores in the 50s he's expected to rise in value by over $60k over the next two weeks.
True, but if Thurlow is scoring more than either Viney or Crouch one of them will make way as I'll be leaving Jaeger as the only rookie mid I'll be playing.

Anyone think downgrading Blicavs for Daw is worth it? It would only leave me with 18 trades for the rest of the season. Both seem to have good JS at the moment. Would only be my third ruck anyway.
Ask yourself how many points the trade will make you. That is the name of the game after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back