Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok, so back to the trades... looking at my team I need some more firepower.
With Chappy unsure for this week again, im thinking of biting the bullet and freeing up that cash to get a playing gun into my side.
I have a pretty weak forward line, and could use the cash to bring in NRoo or someone alike (not sold on the Buddy train everyone looks to be getting onto this week).

Also might look to downgrade Wines, drop Chappy, pick up a decent fwd rookie (if there is such a thing this week) and have the cash to bring Pendles into my midfield (chose Swan over him at the start of the year).

Then use any other cash to upgrade/downgrade Dwyer/Neade next week?

Thoughts? Current team...

SC Team.jpg

Got burnt by trading in daisy last week

Thoughts on
Thomas and Monfries to Hodge and Priddis?

Would leave me a midfield of
Ablett Pendles JPK Danger Hodge Priddis O'meara Viney (Evans Crouch)

Leaves me space to go after 2 of cotchin selwood swan etc later on

change from daisy all stations to franklin express?
Worth a punt, but if Buddy gets rested/subbed you're computer screen is gone ;)

Got burnt by trading in daisy last week

Thoughts on
Thomas and Monfries to Hodge and Priddis?

Would leave me a midfield of
Ablett Pendles JPK Danger Hodge Priddis O'meara Viney (Evans Crouch)

Leaves me space to go after 2 of cotchin selwood swan etc later on

Hodge is a nice POD but I'm not sure if he's a top 8 mid, I'd even say top 15 mid. If you can I'd try and get Jelwood or Lids right now. Even Griffen is a nice option at his price WBD do play the following teams as well: GC, Saints, Port, bye, Pies, Tigers, Demons, GWS. Then it gets tough after that, I'd imagine he'll be able to maintain his ave thus far in this good run for the Dogs :thumbsu: I'm strongly considering this now myself!

Where do people rate Birchall now in terms of top defenders? I still have him as a top 6 defender and his price will probably continue to drop for a couple of weeks, so hoping to bring him in soon.
Current defence is: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Goodes, Vlastuin, Laird, Pittard, Terlich
I'm hoping Goodes can pick up from where he left off at the 90 odd average and I can just bring in Birchall and Hanley.

Out: Yarran
In: Vlaustin ( still think he can reach over $300k+ )

Out: Neade
In: Roughead ( originally went Stevie J, but changed to roughy. The Rough could have a good 3 weeks ).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game can be a bitch sometimes cant it?
feel the people who got Daisy in last week. I had him in twice before taking him back out.

I recon if you don't have the big Bud in yet, you almost have to, at his price its a steal, feel for the some of us who payed the 615k :(
He does have a Big BE can could even drop a little more. He has to go BANG soon doesn't he? even if he pulls out due to "soreness" next week or the following, now is the time.

I have always had the high opinion of Priddis and recon if he wore a pies jumper and played for a victorian club, he would be talked about more as one of the better midfielders. Has a great average and with Nic Nat back I feel he will only improve as the season goes on. GET ON?

Thoughts?

Sorry to all those who had Daisy, but at least he didn't lose value. On the other hand those of us who picked up Hartlett a couple of weeks ago have lost a lot of cash already and have a decision to make ... wait for him to maybe regain form in a few weeks against some weak opponents or get rid of him before he drops a small fortune playing Carlton (a likely Carrazzo tag) and then Geelong. I'm admitting my mistake and bailing, especially since his best replacement, Hanley, is expected to rise sharply in price.

In an earlier post I said I was picking up Daw on the bubble this week, but I've decided against it. He's a great cash cow, but I already have enough of them and using 2 trades to get him in and then out later just isn't worth the cash. Instead I'm making the following trades over the next 3 weeks and I hope to be disciplined enough to stick with them. They are the 6 changes I want to make and the order of making them is the most cost effective considering the projected values of the players on each week.

This week...
Hartlett > Hanley
Hawkins > Riewoldt
Kitty:$438,900

After Round 8...
Treloar > Thurlow
Giles > Harvey
Kitty:$632,500

After Round 9...
Stevenson > Johnson
Macaffer > Naitanui
Kitty:$55,800

After all that my team will be ...

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Hanley, Duffield, Goodes, Vlastuin, (Terlich, Thurlow)
Mids: Ablett, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Mundy, O'Meara, Wines, Whitfield, Viney, (Mayes, Crouch)
Rucks: Naitanui, Leuenberger, (Gawn, Currie)
Forwards: Riewoldt, Johnson, Cloke, Harvey, Garlett, Kennedy(wc), (Dwyer, Rowe)

Hopefully enough trades left to milk the remaining cows and cover any LTIs.

I recon if you don't have the big Bud in yet, you almost have to, at his price its a steal, feel for the some of us who payed the 615k :(
Thoughts?
Is his price a steal tho?? A steal on last years form definitely. But has he shown enough this year to suggest he'll hit those highs consistently week in, week out, with contract problems in his head?? I havent seen anything from him thus far. We saw it with Cloke last year. Personally I reckon he's leaving the Hawks and that's weighing on his mind.

Is his price a steal tho?? A steal on last years form definitely. But has he shown enough this year to suggest he'll hit those highs consistently week in, week out, with contract problems in his head?? I havent seen anything from him thus far. We saw it with Cloke last year. Personally I reckon he's leaving the Hawks and that's weighing on his mind.
I agree. Franklin hasn't looked the same player this season. His price is expected to fall a little further but I'd want to see strong signs of a return to form before considering him. He really does look like Cloke did last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back