Game Day Round 8 vs. Richmond, Sat 07/05, 1:45pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out: Cal, Begg (only because Nank will kill him)
In: Henry, Cox

Medi sub: Tyler or Reef if not Reef in VFL

Edit: The VFL have the bye

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Begg and CBrown for Cox and Henry.

We need a passable number 1 ruck, Begg isn't it, Cox is as close as we get currently. Begg can play again in the future when Grundy is back in the team.
Henry can play third tall to let JDG play full-time mid.

Tbrown was okay, most tackles on the ground, did a lot of defensive work.

I thought RH was a test this week, so if he's available he obviously plays.

I think Tyler could play a tagging role on Prestia.

The obvious is bringing in Henry for WHE (who was pretty fumbly all day) and McInnes back in for Callum. Callum absolutely shat the bed today when he could easily have played a 15-20 disposal role and supported our ball movement from the back to wing.

We have a height issue with Noah Balter, Riewoldt and Lynch all up forward so happy for us to stay taller.

Did I miss something in relation to Beggs game? 15 disposals, 4 marks & 3 tackles.

He plays next week.
It's got me scratching my head too. A kid performs above expectations in his debut and people want to drop him to bring back a veteran who has been below par for years.

It's got me scratching my head too. A kid performs above expectations in his debut and people want to drop him to bring back a veteran who has been below par for years.
We need a first string ruck. Witts absolutely manhandled us today, carried them back into the game a few times. We can't go into a game against a significantly better midfield than the one with played today with him as the number 1 ruck again. 2 hit outs for the game, he was a complete non-entity at the centre bounces.

He played alright but Gold Coast are crap, I don’t think you can carry a 2 hit out ruckman against Richmond. I assume his selection was more about forcing Cox to perform rather than Begg being good enough to to play. Cox put his hand up in the VFL so he should be given the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back