Game Day Round 8 vs. Richmond, Sat 07/05, 1:45pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a first string ruck. Witts absolutely manhandled us today, carried them back into the game a few times. We can't go into a game against a significantly better midfield than the one with played today with him as the number 1 ruck again. 2 hit outs for the game, he was a complete non-entity at the centre bounces.

Cameron was the number 1 ruck today and Witts manhandled him as much as Begg.

He was a non-entity in the ruck but competitive at ground level.

I’ve said consistently that he’s not going to be a first ruck so we need to give him a chance forward as well as he was certainly involved and not overawed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We need a first string ruck. Witts absolutely manhandled us today, carried them back into the game a few times. We can't go into a game against a significantly better midfield than the one with played today with him as the number 1 ruck again. 2 hit outs for the game, he was a complete non-entity at the centre bounces.
We aren't going into a game with a significantly better midfield than GC. We're going into a game with a weaker midfield than GC and with our midfield likely to be strengthened with JDG back into it.

Yeah, so maybe we should select someone that actually will have a chance of matching the opposition ruckman next game instead of just giving a kid a run for the sake of it.
We dont have anyone with a chance of matching Witts. Selection worked well as we got a better contest at ground level than otherwise.

We aren't going into a game with a significantly better midfield than GC. We're going into a game with a weaker midfield than GC and with our midfield likely to be strengthened with JDG back into it.
Put the pipe down mang

He played alright but Gold Coast are crap, I don’t think you can carry a 2 hit out ruckman against Richmond. I assume his selection was more about forcing Cox to perform rather than Begg being good enough to to play. Cox put his hand up in the VFL so he should be given the role.
I was anti the selection, but think it worked well. I think it was about knowing we were going to get smashed in the ruck contests and wanting to improve our ground level contest, which he did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox would've been significantly more competitive against Witts and will clearly be more competitive against Nank. Not even remotely debatable.
What's debatable though is whether losing by less in the ruck would have been as beneficial as Beggs ground level work. We did much better at stoppage today than I thought we would against an outstanding ruckman and a better contested mid group than ours. I think Begg was a factor in that.

in cox out begg

need the added strength v nankervis

in Henry out WHE

in Macrae out C Brown

make Poulter sub

Cox would've been significantly more competitive against Witts and will clearly be more competitive against Nank. Not even remotely debatable.
Zero chance Cox comes in for Begg.

I’d drop Cameron before I drop Begg atm.

Both Cameron and Begg played well and should be retained.

Cox was dominant in the VFL but let’s see if he can do it for two games in a row to demand promotion.

OUT C.Brown (please, never again)
IN Henry

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back