Preview Round 9 2017: Collingwood v Hawthorn, 20th May 2017, 7:25pm @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take it as more of a statement that he's not going to make it.

Well, yeah - but with Gibson likely to retire and with Brand as the only other tall defender in reserve it feels odd that we'd delist without a backup plan.

This season was a rebuild anyway. These long term injuries accelerates the process which is pleasing for the long term.

Birchall, rioli, Stratton, frawley, omeara. I can't remember the last time we have had so many significant outs at the same time.

Huge huge opportunities beckon for the second tier.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Since Lake retired I've thought that Frawley is the worst possible out structure wise. As average as his 2017 form has been I suspect we'll all be mourning his absence as soon as 7:30pm on saturday.
I'm honestly expecting Darcy Moore to kick a big bag and play like Wayne Carey :(

This season was a rebuild anyway. These long term injuries accelerates the process which is pleasing for the long term.

Birchall, rioli, Stratton, frawley, omeara. I can't remember the last time we have had so many significant outs at the same time.

Huge huge opportunities beckon for the second tier.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Gibson, Lake, Rioli, Mitchell in the middle part of 2014.

Missing my 1st game in Victoria since early 2010 ( when I was in Europe) due to a good mates wedding, believe it or not he's a big Hawks supporter also.

Okay, I'm joining the hird. (and no, that doesn't mean I'm going to start systematically lying and doing drugs)

James Cousins....

make-it-so.png

Missing my 1st game in Victoria since early 2010 ( when I was in Europe) due to a good mates wedding, believe it or not he's a big Hawks supporter also.
What about the wife? Could be calculated on her part :D

Same here. Have a wedding Saturday night also. Either get married during off season or have a midweek wedding.
We did November for this very reason in 2013

Same here. Have a wedding Saturday night also. Either get married during off season or have a midweek wedding.

So long as it's not during the finals I don't mind. Having a wedding on grand final day should be a jailable offence though.

So long as it's not during the finals I don't mind. Having a wedding on grand final day should be a jailable offence though.
Girl I used to work with had a cousin do the GF wedding in either 2002 or 2003, pies supporting family.
Her mum.went to the GF in her wedding gear and left in the second half, apparently over half the audience had a headphone in to listen to the fourth quarter, must have been a few dirty guests at the loss, a win would have been worse I reckon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I've mentioned before, we had two cousins from the same family get married within weeks of each other during the finals back in 1984. Very annoying :straining:

I think I've mentioned before, we had two cousins from the same family get married within weeks of each other during the finals back in 1984. Very annoying :straining:
My brother got married during the semi final against Carlton in 86. I spent half the speeches in the car listening to the radio.

We lost, so I had to sit through the reception wondering what went wrong. Couldn't see the replay until much much later.

If we have pick 1 in the pre season draft, then we can talk a star to walk into that draft and we get them for nothing.

This will never, ever happen. No team would be so stupid to let a player walk for free since the Saints were arrogant morons with Ball. Every team that's sabre rattled since has eventually caved in. There also hasn't been a PSD in 4 years. The PSD pick is absolutely meaningless.

Girl I used to work with had a cousin do the GF wedding in either 2002 or 2003, pies supporting family.
Her mum.went to the GF in her wedding gear and left in the second half, apparently over half the audience had a headphone in to listen to the fourth quarter, must have been a few dirty guests at the loss, a win would have been worse I reckon
My brother, an AFL employee at the time, got married the day after the Geelong prelim in 2013. Wouldn't have been an issue, but we're all mad Hawks and members for 20+ years each. Oh and he had his wedding in the NT. WHY!?!?

My brother, an AFL employee at the time, got married the day after the Geelong prelim in 2013. Wouldn't have been an issue, but we're all mad Hawks and members for 20+ years each. Oh and he had his wedding in the NT. WHY!?!?

IMG_3181.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back