Preview Round 9 2017: Collingwood v Hawthorn, 20th May 2017, 7:25pm @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What this forces is clarko to make changes which he wouldn't, will he stick to the old firm (whitx,doc,shoey) or the younger gen (brand,willsmore,cousins,stewart)

Yes I agree. Similar events took place around 2010 which lead to a resurgence in 2011 and then the granny 2012.
Clarko like us all needs external forces to force us to change when change can't be engineered internally. I see good things on the horizon with the like of Burton and O'Brien and Hardwick in the team.

If we beat the pies this week. The year will pan out better than thought.

If it's wet I don't see Ty being an inclusion. He is not the most mobile guy and is not great below his knees.

Outs: the 4 injured players
Ins: Brand to replace Frawley, Duryea to replace Stratton, Whitecross to replace Fitz and Stewart to replace Rioli

For his faults, Doc is a good defender who can keep small forwards like Elliott or Fasolo in check. If we keep those two to under 5 goals between them the Pies may struggle to kick a winning score.

Collingwood have rubbish tall forwards and we have TOB who could go back if needed. Burton could also play tall and run off his opponent.

Whitecross gives us another midfield option who can also play back. This could potentially free up Silk and/or Hodge to run through the middle where Collingwood have an advantage.

Stewart frees up Poppy to have bursts through the middle.

Shiels to run with Treloar who is their most damaging mid by far.

It's not going to be easy but if we can sustain pressure for most of the game no reason why we can't win.

Lots of Duryea love. But a few ticks for Heatherly.

Who has been showing better form at BH?

I saw the Box Hill game last week; Heatherley was amongst the best in defense and played his best VFL game to date.

Duryea was withdrawn from the game. I think he's carrying an injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very interesting that the Hawks in the mix article failed to mention Brand at all. Would have thought he was an immediate inclusion and the first name to be dropped.

I think they are just the media guys writing content and don't really know. I also suspect the like to rotate all the guys through so that everyone gets some fridge material for mum.

I saw the Box Hill game last week; Heatherley was amongst the best in defense and played his best VFL game to date.

Duryea was withdrawn from the game. I think he's carrying an injury.
Withdrawn because he's carrying an injury or because the club knew we'd have a stack of injures and were wanting him play against the pies and didn't want to risking him getting injured at BH?

I don't know either way. Just putting it out there. Would prefer others ahead of Dureya myself.

Withdrawn because he's carrying an injury or because the club knew we'd have a stack of injures and were wanting him play against the pies and didn't want to risking him getting injured at BH?

I don't know either way. Just putting it out there. Would prefer others ahead of Dureya myself.

Well, Hawthorn played on Saturday, BH played on Sunday IIRC.

Well, Hawthorn played on Saturday, BH played on Sunday IIRC.
Yeah, that's what I meant. After Saturday, the club probably already had a decent idea about Cyril, Stratton and Frawley and perhaps didn't play Doc in BH on Sunday for that reason. I'm pretty sure Brand & WX were pulled from the BH side too.

I think Clarko won't select Brand, cue outrage and melting. It's gonna be good!

Ha! I hadn't thought of that. There is an upside to everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back