Preview Round 9 2017: Collingwood v Hawthorn, 20th May 2017, 7:25pm @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible that Heatherly is the one that has initiated the
Kade for Cyril, Vickery for Fitzy and Whitey for Stratts.
so we are going in one short? or did you say Brand for Chip in another post :D

Frawley > Brand
This is an obvious swap, Brand would be our next best lock down last line defender.

Stratton > Duryea
Stratton often plays the lock down roles so we will need someone who we can really on in that role. I've been critical on Duryea in the past but that was always his transition from lock down defender to rebound defender.

Other options: Hatherley, Wx.

Rioli> Stewart
Pretty easy this one. Stewarts banging down the door anyway

Other options: Cousins

Fitz > Shoey
This is a change I've been thinking about the most. With Obrien in the squad we have ruck cover and with the massive changes to the defence, i would like to line Shoey up Fwd so we have the option to throw him down back.

Other options: Sicily, Vickery.

DEF: Brand, Burton, Gibson, Duryea, Hardwick, Hodge (Shoey, Howe, Henderson)
MID: Smith, Hartung, TMitchell, Burgoyne, Shiles (Langford, Howe, Henderson)
Ruck: McEvoy (Obrian)
FWD: Roughead, Gunston, Obrian, Puopolo, Bruest, Stewart (Shoey, Langford)

Fitz wasn't at the players sponsor's night last night because of his concussion, apparently. He must be sitting in a dark room trying to recover. I would say doubtful that he's showing up this weekend, but I'm just a hack that's guessing.
I'm worried about fitzy.

How many concussions is too many?

He has had too many for anyone's liking and he and the club, are hopefully, thinking about his long term health.

He copped another nasty one on the weekend when steph martin smashed the point of his knee into his temple at a centre bounce, in the last quarter.

That's interesting, the three guys I've known who went through the system were informed in the last part of the year, around rounds 15-20. Would think they'd at least allow them every opportunity to make a claim for a spot.
bit different for heatherley who may need time to prepare to move countries again if true

Surely Willsmore has to get a crack at it eventually.

Problem is he doesn't possess in traits of the players who are now out injured so unless there is a re jig of sorts there is no way he could replace 1 of the 4 who are missing this week.

In short injuries are not happening to the right players for him to get a game.

Problem is he doesn't possess in traits of the players who are now out injured so unless there is a re jig of sorts there is no way he could replace 1 of the 4 who are missing this week.

In short injuries are not happening to the right players for him to get a game.
Who do you see him as a like replacement, what would be position or role. When I've seen him I'm at a loss to see were he fits, I used to think he could rebound defence but now I feel he is just too slow and sure isn't a physical beast around the contest. Your thoughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Duryea, Whitecross or Schoenmakers come into the side I expect them to play with a bit of fire and urgency. All three have to show something now or they'll most likely be playing else where next year.

As I try to drop every bit of remotely relevant information I can about last night...

Both WhiteX and Schoenmakers sported James Crockett three day shadow while Doc turned up like a clean shaven Rico Tubbs. If only one can be picked, then there was only one standing alone in the style stakes.

0504_1986-armani-suit-miami-vice_650x455.jpg

Out: Stratton, Frawley, Rioli, Fitzpatrick
In: Brand, Duryea, Vickery, Cousins

B: Burton Brand Gibson
HB: Burgoyne O'Brien Duryea
C: Hartung Mitchell Smith
HF: Puopolo Roughead Cousins
F: Gunston Vickery Bruest
Foll: McEvoy Hodge Langford
Int: Shiels, Howe, Hardwick, Henderson

Who do you see him as a like replacement, what would be position or role. When I've seen him I'm at a loss to see were he fits, I used to think he could rebound defence but now I feel he is just too slow and sure isn't a physical beast around the contest. Your thoughts.

I am probably not the best person to ask as I don't get to too many BH games but i would have thought he would be a replacement for a Hartung, Smith or Henderson as an outside runner.

He would make a terrible defender unless running off half back playing loose man and doesn't have enough tricks to play forward.

Maybe I am selling him short though.

Id like to see
morrison ,brand,stewart ,cousins

What we will probably see
duryea ,shoey ,whitecross ,vickery

I Reckon clarko still sees hope in the season and wil go back to the players he knows, hope im wrong . If its a wet night i would be happy if we went one short and didnt replace fitz with a like for like

Out: Stratton, Frawley, Rioli, Fitzpatrick
In: Brand, Duryea, Vickery, Cousins

B: Burton Brand Gibson
HB: Burgoyne O'Brien Duryea
C: Hartung Mitchell Smith
HF: Puopolo Roughead Cousins
F: Gunston Vickery Bruest
Foll: McEvoy Hodge Langford
Int: Shiels, Howe, Hardwick, Henderson
Good one if Duryea was left out for Whitex.

I think the team needs midfield reinforcement (along with the obvious backline restructure).

Whether that's bringing in WX/Duryea in the back half releasing hodge and Burgoyne, bringing in a Shoey/TV to release Rough, calling on Stewart to release Punk/Poppy or simply adding cousins to the mix to rotate through the middle - going to need more than TOM to compete against the stacked Magpie midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back