Preview Round 9 2017: Collingwood v Hawthorn, 20th May 2017, 7:25pm @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just like the Saints game. the meedja are really pumping this up as a "no excuses, crunch, simply must win game" for the Pies.:straining:

Meanwhile, the $wans have apparently turned the corner and are finals bound.:rolleyes:

To be fair, Sydney haven't been beaten by ~ 80 points three times this season already.

We are going to load up on experienced players too many changes I feel for cousins

This is what I'm thinking as well. Brand plus one of Stewart/Cousins at most is what I think Clarkson would be comfortable bringing in, in terms of inexperienced players. Where he can, he'll look to bring in players that have played a bit of AFL level footy already.

Yeah, that's what I meant. After Saturday, the club probably already had a decent idea about Cyril, Stratton and Frawley and perhaps didn't play Doc in BH on Sunday for that reason. I'm pretty sure Brand & WX were pulled from the BH side too.

My understanding was that Doc had some minor injury/niggle and Whitecross was sick which was why they didn't play at Box Hill. I would assume the same for Brand as he didn't get a game the week before as he was emergency for Hawthorn and surely if he was fit they would want to get a game into him.

I would like to see Vickery come in for Saturday night, Pies have a weak backline and Ty could really stretch them, once he gets his hands on a few his confidence will take off. Cousins also sounds intriguing and his form at Box Hill would appear to warrant a debut very soon, would be happy to see Brand come in as our number key back, big ask of him but it will be great for his development and it will also give us a good insight into where he is headed as a player, will be exciting to see how he goes, I think that he can become a really solid player for us over time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still think Cousins could come in and Hodge and/or Burgers play predominantly in the backline

But doubt it

My guess is that if cousins gets a chance it will be after a couple wins and with only one switch. The team is tottering on the edge of gaining performance and I don't think it can absorb much experimentation and maintain any form. We're already playing seven or eight new players from the end of last season.

Fitzpatrick and O'Brien can't play in the same team, Vickery has another good performance at Box Hill he should be reward with a game. O'brien still goes missing in large chunks of games and that second ruck role fits him quite perfectly when he starts to drift out of games.

I disagree, longevity in any given match, is a growth thing, to stay full on all day takes time and stamina which gets built in as the player matures. O'Brien will be doing that, fill in Ruckmen that are not huge, and not real ruckmen get hurt. Right now we need to get players up and going and used to the "full day".
O'Brien is a future key position player, Jack needs more ground time, perseverance will see him stand up!

Is Sicily injured , lazy or in trouble? Or does he need to grow up a bit?

Jack if he's not injured should play, you never know when McEvoy needs a break, and rest, and O'Brien is a great mark and can kick goals Just needs to mature to a point where fitness will develop and he'll stay . He moves well he can mark up front or on the half back.

One lucky kick

He has miles more in him than that mate! At that size and his age he is getting ready to be a mature big man! Just stay healthy and Jack will be great, I agree he needs some weeks in a row, its now that needs to happen.

The game against Brisbane was a scrappy affair , not good to watch , but when you actually really look you see the 1%ers, boys and girls, Jack gives that too.
But lots of you folks don't see things , one thing about a big man he needs to get time, it is a really hard job , and these blokes peak usually after they are 25 or 26 and onwards. Clarko will use him or rest him, but what ever he'll be back.
There is a lot of lack of real football knowledge out there in BF land, hard work is what counts and it doesn't take 5 minutes.
Every thing and every one has to build, remember that.
One lucky kick
One lucky kick

I disagree, longevity in any given match, is a growth thing, to stay full on all day takes time and stamina which gets built in as the player matures. O'Brien will be doing that, fill in Ruckmen that are not huge, and not real ruckmen get hurt. Right now we need to get players up and going and used to the "full day".
O'Brien is a future key position player, Jack needs more ground time, perseverance will see him stand up!

Is Sicily injured , lazy or in trouble? Or does he need to grow up a bit?

Jack if he's not injured should play, you never know when McEvoy needs a break, and rest, and O'Brien is a great mark and can kick goals Just needs to mature to a point where fitness will develop and he'll stay . He moves well he can mark up front or on the half back.

I don't think Sicilly is injured... As to the other points.... I see that he's almost universally disliked for a lot of his traits when it comes to the Hawks player videos that the club puts out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Fitzy doesn't get up for selection, I'd love it if Vickery got a go - I don't rate him but maybe the pies could play him into form, leading to maximum lulz from their fans melts! :D

If Fitzy doesn't get up for selection, I'd love it if Vickery got a go - I don't rate him but maybe the pies could play him into form, leading to maximum lulz from their fans melts! :D
He started off crap - he won't get credit even if he has a stellar end to the season from here in.

It's like the opposite of when Geelong got zac smith and he dominated in his first game and kicked a few goals, hasn't fired a shot since but gets talked about as a great pickup

Here's my 5c worth....

Rioli: replaced by Stewart, provides good forward pressure and can kick a goal or 2
Fitzy (conc): replaced by Vickery - like for like, maybe he'll have some hunger after a few weeks in the 2's?
Stratton: replaced by Duryea - has been out of sorts but a good matchup for the Collingwood small fwds
Frawley: replaced by Brand - has to be given some games now, I think he will make it. D Moore probably a good match up for him.

Edit: Ha, Tazhawk beat me to it by seconds!

Was funny listening to Buckley try play down our injuries by saying we'll still have 14 premiership players out there. I don't even think that's right.
fair effort I can only see 13 fit premiership players on the list currently
Rough, Gibbo, BB, Doc, Silk, Hodgey, Smith, Gunners, Punky, Schoey, Pup, Pop, Langers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back