Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite happy with those changes.

Frawley > Brand
Stratton > Duryea
Fitzpatrick > Vickery
Rioli > Whitecross

Just about as close to "like for like" as you can get, obviously other than Cyril for WX. In saying that, I think WX has been stiff to not be in the senior team this year and I love what he can bring to the side.

Clarkson is banana yes i will cop criticism but how how is vickery ahead of Sicily.
How is whitecross ahead of willsmore or cousins.
Yes we all knew he would turn to the old guard not the young.
I still think we could win Collingwood garbage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect opportunity to play some young players who are pplaying well at Box Hill like Cousins and Stewart and we don't do it. We are not playing finals this year so I would rather see youth being played.
I think the team has been destabilised enough. I think there's a fair mix of new, young and experienced players to try to steady back the ship. Clarko and Co obviously think we're a fair chance to win so why go too young?

Clarkson is banana yes i will cop criticism but how how is vickery ahead of Sicily.
Frawley 187 replaced by Brand 15
Stratton 146 replaced by Doc 87
Fitz 26 replaced by Ty 122
Cyril 185 replaced by Swiss 98

That's 544 games out 322 in and the team as named has 5 players under 50 (four under 20) games plus another three under 10 at the Hawks

Sicily was completely undisciplined against Melbourne even showing contempt to Jarryd Roughead. He needs another week off.

Perfect opportunity to play some young players who are pplaying well at Box Hill like Cousins and Stewart and we don't do it. We are not playing finals this year so I would rather see youth being played.
None of the injuries we have are short term so they will get their opportunities

If there is a player that Sicily should be in ahead of, then that player doesn't exist he is a figment of your imagination.

Like the changes overall. Need to replace experience with experience at this point. Whitecross, Duryea and Vickery will all be keen to prove a point.

Brand and Duryea were like for like changes. Both have deficiencies as do the guys they're replacing. However, both Doc and Brand both offer more offensively than Stratts and Chip. Neither are as good defensively though.

Whitecross is versatile and gives us another small/medium defender or midfielder.

Vickery needs to clunk a few marks, create some spillages and kicking 1-2 goals would be a bonus.

We have Henderson, Howe and Silk who can all play back if needed too. We also have three defensive minded mids in Shiels, Langers and Howe who can lay a tackle and do the heavy lifting.

Pies are probably favourites but their side is not that crash hot outside of Treloar, Pendles, Fasolo, Grundy, Elliott, Sidebum and Adams. No reason why we can't win if we show up with the right intent and are decisive with the ball.

Cousins should have been brought in, after Mitchell our midfield is rather average and lacks consistent ball winners. Why not throw him in the deep end and see how he goes.

How it usually plays out is a player goes well at box Hill, doesn't get picked week after week then suffers an injury and he's back to square one. Nothing against our ins as we know what they offer but it has to be frustrating for a young guy who can play consistently well and gets nothing whilst someone like Vickery or Duryea can get a call up off the back of some average performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back