Preview Round 9 - Carlton v Geelong @ Etihad Friday May 20th 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Where exactly did White break his leg?
Surely someone has some inside info on this.

Is Laidler good to go?
All the talk is for Duigan right now, but Laidler has already become important for us. Very underrated.

Re: White. Don't know, it was reported on Monday

Re: Laidler. Seems he will be right, was out for hamstring tightness, gets a essentially 3 weeks off, you'd reckon he would be fine. Absolutely, I reckon he's been even better than Duigan (Monday excepted, obviously).

Where exactly did White break his leg?
Surely someone has some inside info on this.

Is Laidler good to go?
All the talk is for Duigan right now, but Laidler has already become important for us. Very underrated.

IIRC, there was a report around these parts that White was on crutches after the win against Sydney. Could have just pulled up a bit sorer that usual, and the club might just be taking a cautious approach with him.

My query is who gets chapman up forward. Can't remember who normally gets the job.

Jamo to Pods is an easy call if Mooney is out

Russels tends to towel up Johnson

??? to Chapman

Whoever plays on Hawkins has a license to roam around and rebound all day, probably duigan.

Tomahawk will look after himself no probs.

bozo-the-clown-bop-bag.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My query is who gets chapman up forward. Can't remember who normally gets the job.

Jamo to Pods is an easy call if Mooney is out

Russels tends to towel up Johnson

??? to Chapman

Whoever plays on Hawkins has a license to roam around and rebound all day, probably duigan.

Duigan on Chapman.
A couple of tough hombre's there. Would be a really good test fo Duigs, and we know he'll give his all for the entire game.

Duigan on Chapman.
A couple of tough hombre's there. Would be a really good test fo Duigs, and we know he'll give his all for the entire game.

Good call. Duigan is good overhead too, both mark and spoil, important against Chappy.

Laidler would be pretty keen to play this one I recon, he's been good this year. He really is a lot like Milburn and matches up well on a lot of Geelong's forwards. I'd love to see Laidler take Chapman. Other match ups would be Armfield/Stokes, Jamison/Podsiadly, White Mooney, Thornton/Henderson/Hawkins, Russell/Johnson. I recon Carazzo/Bartel, Murphy/Ling, Judd/Selwood. I wonder what Role Gibbs will play.

Geelong are pretty lucky getting to play teams coming off the bye twice in a row. It's common knowlege that teams are flat and perform poorly after a bye. I wonder if it would be good to have a scratch match this weekend.

Putting aside our bias against Collingwood, would we prefer Geelong or Collingwood to win tonight.

I'm for Geelong as that would really set us up if we could beat them next week.
As for the ladder?
A loss to Collingwood tonight and a win against Geelong would have us closer to the top of the ladder than for ........ A long time.

Geelong.
Let's be the first team to beat them. :thumbsu:

Putting aside our bias against Collingwood, would we prefer Geelong or Collingwood to win tonight.

I'm for Geelong as that would really set us up if we could beat them next week.
As for the ladder?
A loss to Collingwood tonight and a win against Geelong would have us closer to the top of the ladder than for ........ A long time.

Prefer Geelong, after a hard slog, don;t want them on the rebound.

Prefer Geelong, after a hard slog, don;t want them on the rebound.
Definitely agree. I've got Geelong to win tonight and us to win next week to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 9 - Carlton v Geelong @ Etihad Friday May 20th 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back