Round 9 Ins/Outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Laidley will have him just tag someone out of the game? Maybe he'll line up on Schammer and shut him down like he shut Joel down? :cool:

Why do we have to put up with this criticism of the selectors every week?

We should leave it to them. They know what they're doing, even if we can't see it.

SEINFELD EPISODE - THE FIRE

Cut back to George attempting to explain his cowardly actions to Robin, her mother, Eric and a fireman from the back of the ambulance at the party.

GEORGE (voice is hoarse from screaming): I...was trying to lead the way. We needed a leader! Someone to lead the way to safety.

ROBIN: But you yelled "get out of my way"!

GEORGE: Because! Because, as the leader...if I die...then all hope is lost! Who would lead? The clown? Instead of castigating me, you should all be thanking me. What kind of a topsy-turvy world do we live in, where heroes are cast as villains? Brave men as cowards?

ROBIN: But I saw you push the women and children out of the way in a mad panic! I saw you knock them down! And when you ran out, you left everyone behind!

GEORGE: Seemingly. Seemingly, to the untrained eye, I can fully understand how you got that impression. What looked like pushing...what looked like knocking down...was a safety precaution! In a fire, you stay close to the ground, am I right? And when I ran out that door, I was not leaving anyone behind! Oh, quite the contrary! I risked my life making sure that exit was clear. Any other questions?

FIREMAN: How do you live with yourself?

GEORGE: Its not easy.

I have a theory of why Power is still in the side, and yes perhaps I am clutching at straws a bit but I just can't see any other reason. He is named, but if Rawlings make it through the final training session and doesn't pull up sore, Power goes out as a late change and Riggio or Harris comes back in.

If Rawlings doesn't make the cut, Power stays, and perhaps Lower gets another (undeserving) reprieve.

Otherwise Laidley is just taking the piss, which hurts, as I have very little left.

Greenwood gets 30 touches in the VFL and holds his opponent to 12 touches. Power gets 10 touches (2 contested) and his opponent gets 31 (9 contested).

Makes a lot of sense not rewarding good form and rewarding weak performances. I thought after last week and with all the kids pushing for games Sam had played his last game for North.

Looks like Deans legacy will be playing Power, Watt, Brown, Green ect to death instead of developing kids and a premiership team.

Point taken with Power, but didnt he get rid of Brown and Green, and several others who were not going to be playing in our next premiership. I didnt see Watt on the team list either!!

The guy needs to have a balance. He cant play only the kids. He needs some experience.
I agree Power was shite last week, but your point about not playing the kids is a joke. That is all he is playing at the moment. Our team is full of kids. Do you complain when Boomer gets a game, or Wells, or Simmo, just because they are older than 25! Does Harris deserve another game? Are you also crying that Jones isnt gettting a game?

I have a theory of why Power is still in the side, and yes perhaps I am clutching at straws a bit but I just can't see any other reason. He is named, but if Rawlings make it through the final training session and doesn't pull up sore, Power goes out as a late change and Riggio or Harris comes back in.

Otherwise Laidley is just taking the piss, which hurts, as I have very little left.

We can only hope

Love that centre line.

Ross Ziebell Wright

Seriously is this the youngest centre line we have ever put on the park????? total of what 12 games between them????

I'm not upset just amazing to see:)

our back six also if you take out firrito, they are complete babies back there..:eek:

If Rawlings doesn't make the cut, Power stays, and perhaps Lower gets another (undeserving) reprieve.

When Brian Taylor had a crack at Laidley on the footy show about who out of Wells, Z and Rawlings were "really" injured, JYD said only Rawlings wouldve played if it was a final. Rawlings will play.

power couldn't compete against Geelong. neither could harris. at their age and experience they should have been able to compete better against the benchmark team. should have been Power out and Greenwood in.

Harris is finished now i reckon. he was a very good player for north on his day but he is perpetually unfit and was again dominated in close by geelong. we may as well try someone else

at least we have some serious competition for midfield spots this year.

Probably about right, except for Power and Wright, but I guess he's needed to do a job on either Pavlich, Hill or Hazelby in the middle. I think Wright might fair better this week, as fremantle aren't as strong as geelong, so worth giving him another shot to play with Ziebell as well.
Wanted to see Garlett (why didn't they promote him a few weeks ago for Harvey?) or Obst or Levi in for Goldy perhaps, but we may need Goldy to combat Sandilands with Hamish, whilst Hale and Drew can stay forward.
I'm excited, hope we put in a good show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor old Sammy Power, there is not much love for him tonight.

Before he could count on Brown dog and Watty to shoulder some of the burden, but these days he's just flanked by kids.

What about JYD, is he getting a caning tonight or what? He thought the masses would ease up after cutting Brown and dropping Watt. But nup, he just cops it 3 times as much for leaving Power in.

You can only please some of the people some of the time. Or is it none of the people none of the time?

Anyhow, footy is a lot easier for everyone when you are winning. Sighhh.

I feel your pain .

Honestly , how angry does it make ya ? It's getting beyond a joke now with Power !

The downside to Harris is his snail pace, but the downside to Power is 6 or 7 goals from turnovers, so its such a difficult decision. Power should be instructed to handpass to wells, ross or ziebell at all times.

Power at least runs the overlap and through the middle as well. He offers more than anyone who was dropped, he is just renting the spot till we get a few back. No need to over react was almost dropped a few weeks ago.

Until the other players learn to run happy to have him in the side. and he is not as bad a kick as you all say.

however he is soft.

Happy for him to play until we get a few others back.

Can completely understand Harro getting the Lemon. I loved him and hope this year isn't the end of him, but as much as he got a fair bit of contested footy last week, he did bugger all of the other stuff that they're expecting him to do to earn a spot, in particular chase and be accountable when its his turn to be.

Would have liked to see Riggio get another week considering he's played bugger all AFL footy in the last 12 months and Geelong are a hell of alot better than Freo. Give him a chance!

Not going to add anything else to the general befuddlement expressed re Power's inclusion. He was never the answer, and i dont even know what the question is anymore.

Point taken with Power, but didnt he get rid of Brown and Green, and several others who were not going to be playing in our next premiership. I didnt see Watt on the team list either!!
Nah Green left of his own accord. Laidley would still be playing him now if he was still in Victoria.

Before he could count on Brown dog and Watty to shoulder some of the burden, but these days he's just flanked by kids.

What about JYD, is he getting a caning tonight or what? He thought the masses would ease up after cutting Brown and dropping Watt. But nup, he just cops it 3 times as much for leaving Power in.

You can only please some of the people some of the time. Or is it none of the people none of the time?

Anyhow, footy is a lot easier for everyone when you are winning. Sighhh.

I am not anti-Power, i am anti-Power in the midfield and that is where Ladiely will play him. So looks like we are back to Simpson, Power and Rawlings in the middle. I have nothing against any of these guys, just don't want to see them in the middle at the same time. I can only blame Laidley for that, not the players, they will try their best.

If only one of them was in the middle at any one time I would have no problem with seeing them all in the side.

Simply put Dean Laidleys is an A Grade Idiot.

I've had it with him. Had it I tells yah.:mad:

Agree with ya 100% Big-Z.:thumbsu:

I'm so hoping this is he's last season coaching us...

Given that Power received 5 votes in the coaches award for the Port game suggests that he will be in the side for the next 6-8 weeks at least.

No problem with dropping Harris though. I can't see a future for him in the side. We should have taken whatever we were offered for him in the trade period. Assuming anyone offered anything.

Nice ins, but I still can't see the forward line functioning properly with Hale, Edwards and Petrie down there. Eiher Dew should be down back or Hale out of the team.

Thats just crap, Harro was one of our best just a couple of weeks ago against the Power. If it wasn't for some of he's clearance work we would have never won that game.

Yes he didnt have the best of games last week but then again Power has done sweet FA all season and he still seems to be able to retain he's spot. I really cannot stand coaches playing favorites and IMO it's a very bad way to go as a coach.

Frankly, i cannot wait till we get a new coach in to take over because i cannot stand Dean Laidleys any more...

Can completely understand Harro getting the Lemon. I loved him and hope this year isn't the end of him, but as much as he got a fair bit of contested footy last week, he did bugger all of the other stuff that they're expecting him to do to earn a spot, in particular chase and be accountable when its his turn to be.

Would have liked to see Riggio get another week considering he's played bugger all AFL footy in the last 12 months and Geelong are a hell of alot better than Freo. Give him a chance!

As you rightly point out, Geelong are a hell of a lot better than Freo. Despite being older than Riggio, the point you make should also apply to Harris.

In the perfect conditions of Etihad, and given how terrible we have been at clearances (don't care if the stats say otherwise), dropping our 2nd best clearance player is a mistake.

Listen, I'm not saying that I think Power should be in the team, but the group hate mentality for Power here is getting ridiculous... like something from 1984.:thumbsdown: Perhaps the mods can organise 5 minutes hate daily for Sammy, where they stick up a photo of him, and people can post abuse. At least this would leave the other 23 hours and 55 minutes for better discussions.

Harris is no Gazelle but his role in the team is not speed! His role is to get his hands on the ball first at stoppages and give it off to the running players in the team. Last week he did it more times than any other player in our team so he did his job. If you re expecting him to run like the wind you are kidding yourself!

One of the most important things when it comes to comparing Harris and Power in my mind is the way they use the ball. Power had 10 touches last week, 4 of them being turnovers. NOT GOOD ENOUGH! We cannot continue to try and cover for hacks that coontinually butcher the ball when we have such a young side! Harris on the other hand generally uses the ball pretty well on most occasions.

I am sick and tired of Laidley and his stupid chip on his shoulder type attitude to certain players in our team. Corey Jones has done more than enough in the reserves over the past month to be considered for selection. Remember he was pushing for All Australian selection 2 years ago. I would love anyone to try and urgue why Corey Jones would not be in our best available 25 right now! Instead Laidley picks yet another kid just so at the end of the game he can turn around after copping yet another flogging and say how excited he is whilst at the same time using it as an excuse.

Sure its great to see a few kids being given a chance to show what they are capable of but at the end of the day there has to be a balance, unless of course you have just given up on the season.

ALL LAIDLEY IS DOING IS SAVING HIS ASS and putting himself before picking a team to win games of football!

LAIDLEY you are a peanut! GONE! I have had enough of your rot!

Win, lose or draw this weekend, you are still a peanut!

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 9 Ins/Outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back