Round 9 - St Kilda vs Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Third Quarter - Montagna having a massive match - easily our best. Riewoldt and Goddard both doing quite well. Blake finally received a free kick in the ruck contest - and I couldn't work out what it was for ???? After so many blatant frees were not paid - just bewilders me. Jones has tagged Aaron Davey out of the match. has been pretty decent contributor without that massive plus. Kosi took someone high behind play - but they got a free for it (of course). 21 frees against us, 14 for us. Margin 11 points in our favour.

First time since August we've kicked 100 pts.

And Ross has gotta be taking the piss if he selects Kosi next week, seriously.Would like to know what his match to match 'goals' are, because im pretty sure 6 possessions and 4 HO did not exceed it. And i am aware he copped one in the head, but those stats are not isolated.

But on a positive, CRIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAA. Does it again.

Finally, a win.

If Kosi gets picked next week I will vomit, he's the weakest big man I Have ever seen, gets pushed out of the contest way way too easily for the opponent to take an easy chest mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats on the win, pretty scrappy game but got the job done... :thumbsu:

I've watched your boys for 2 weeks now (at the G last week), without seeing much more this season I was wondering how Koschitzke gets a game for you blokes?? Has it been a couple of out of character games or what? For a big bloke he didn't even take a mark this week, laid 1 tackle and barely contested the ball in the air. As soon as it hits the deck he may as well be a witch's hat..

Same went for last week where he offered almost nothing when the Hawks had 2 talls go down.

Is he injured, done or what??

I thought steven got a fair bit. I wouldnt drop him. getting a bit is the 1st stage of a young player stepping up, the rest will come.

I would pick a team to try and exploit freos weakness

Great to finally have a win, should give our confidence a boost. We really should have buried Melbourne in that last quarter so we still have a lot to improve on.

Positives were Montagna and Peake in the midfield, gave us some much needed run and penetration with their kicks. Goddard, Gilbert and Riewoldt all started to find some form and Cripps, Siposs and Winmar all showed good signs at times.

Armitage was a workhorse in the middle, still not convinced on Polo but he improved on last week. Steven was busy but still turns it over a bit too much, think he needs to be persisted with though. Fisher and Gwilt were rock solid as always.

Main negative was Kosi, he was next to useless most of the day in the ruck and up forward. Was his usual lumbering and clumsy self in the ruck and either drops marks or spoils others when he pushed up forward. Should be dropped for either McEvoy, Stanley or Archer.

I thought steven got a fair bit. I wouldnt drop him. getting a bit is the 1st stage of a young player stepping up, the rest will come.

I would pick a team to try and exploit freos weakness

Our main problem against Freo will be countering Sandilands in the ruck, unless Gardiner makes a miracle comeback this week we have no one that can really compete with him.

Kosi might get a reprieve because he is at least a big strong body in the ruck but he would want to do a hell of a lot better than he did today.

For once an exciting game, good to see the younguns do well. Would have been the first win for a few of them.

Peake played like his career was on the line. Great to see. Cos it probably is :p

Siposs is an excitement machine. Doesn't need much of it to make an impact. 3 touches and he had a goal, a behind and a goal assist.

Cripps. I don't like him as sub, but he's thriving as it at the moment. Maybe not fit enough to play out a whole game? Anyway it's working. If only he could have finished off that run with a goal.

Winmar looked alright. Didn't get a lot of it and looked out of his league in the first half but was much better in the second. Hope he's alright after a couple knocks.

And jack! How did he get 27 touches!? Was brilliant in the last. After wanting to drop him at half time he more than made up for it. Great to see.

Prouda my boy :D

I'll post more when I'm not typing up on my iPhone :p

Take that Darcy.

"Polo sucks... why would the Saints take him...? So much for recycling players..."

Polo, steals, goals.

Credibility fail.

Haven't seen the telecast, but he can't build a commentary career just by saying Ross needs to move on and our players are ordinary. Move on from the Saints, Luke. You don't know what you're talking about. Use the force if you have to.

Polo was handy, and allowed some rotations by moving into a defensive role at times.

Cripps. I don't like him as sub, but he's thriving as it at the moment. Maybe not fit enough to play out a whole game? Anyway it's working. If only he could have finished off that run with a goal.
I suspect they're learning how to manage his insulin levels.

Anyway, 7 goals from 9 quarters of footy is not a bad return.

And well done to a couple of lads playing their 50th game for St Kilda (Zac and Dempster). Much maligned, but kept their opponents quiet whilst not scaring the supporters with their disposal decisions too much.

And speaking of maligned - take a bow, Blakey. That was terrific. I lost count of how many 1%'ers he delivered today to go with his 9 contested possessions, 16 hitouts and 6 tackles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 9 - St Kilda vs Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back