Preview Round 9 v Bulldogs MCG Saturday May 11 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week we front up against the Dogs who will be looking to bounce back after a surprise loss to Hawthorn on the weekend, while we'll be looking at putting in a much improved performance after a very poor game against Fremantle.

We should be welcoming back Noah Balta and Dion Prestia who have both recovered from injuries while Jack Graham is also a chance to return to strengthen the line up after missing this week with hamstring awareness.

As mentioned the teams performance against Fremantle was possibly the worse that we've put forward this year across 4 quarters. The 3rd quarter was barely acceptable while the rest of the game we struggled to keep Fremantle in check. We will need a much improved effort if we're to match it with the Dogs who will themselves be desperate to make amends for their poor performance which could make for a tough hard game as both teams look to have a dip.

Possible Line Up
Out: McIntosh Pickett Naismith Campbell Mansell
In: Prestia Ryan Balta McAuliffe Graham

B: Miller Grimes Young
HB: Short Broad Vlastuin
C: Ralphsmith Prestia D.Rioli
HF: M.Rioli Baker Bolton
F: Lefau Martin Balta
R: Nankervis McAuliffe Sonsie
INT: Brown Dow Graham Ryan
SUB: Banks

Prediction: An improved performance from the Tigers will see us in the mix for the first 3 quarters but as we've seen we fall away in the last and the Dogs should get up by 3-4 goals.

Prestia will come straight back in, Yze said he probably could've played on the weekend. Balta too. Ryan for Naismith just has to happen now and I assume Graham will come straight back in, even though he shouldn't.

I assume Libba won't play due to another head knock, which will help. If we manage a win, we may just end Bevos Bulldogs career.

What I'd like to see -
In: Prestia, Balta, Smith, Ryan, McAuliffe, Coulthard, Trezise
Out: Dow, Campbell, Naismith, McIntosh, Banks, Pickett, Grimes

fb- Broad, Young, Trezise
hb- Vlastuin, Miller, Brown
c- Rioli, Prestia, Ralphsmith
hf- Mansell, Balta, Dusty
ff- MRJ, Lefau, Ryan
r- Nank, Bolton, Baker
i/c- Short, Smith, Coulthard, McAuliffe, Sonsie

What we'll probably see -
In: Prestia, Balta, Ryan, Graham
Out: Banks, Campbell, Naismith, McIntosh
:'(

If Sonsie is dropped for Graham.....

Changes I'd like to see:

In: Balta, Prestia, Graham, McAuliffe, Smith (debut).
Out: Naismith, Campbell, Banks, Pickett, Dow.

Dow a bit stiff although if Graham isn't quite ready he stays.

We are gonna get reamed - certainly by the Doggies after they will have been under media pressure all week following their loss to Hawks yesterday - and also certainly by our umpy friends - again....
Dogs mids will be doing 720's whilst being tackled only to either throw the ball out or have the ball spill with no whistle.

Dogs will lose Libba and we will likely gain Dion but their mids will dominate us - English and Darcy will own Nank, they will get heaps of first use. Our defence will be desperately trying to hold back the tsunami of inside 50's...
Naughton is due for one of his outlier 12 marks and 6 goals games.

Balta up forward will help but will be starved of quality service.

Pretty sure my wife will want me to spend some time with her on Sat night so luckily I will be unable to watch this one.

Now that I think about it Pickett should stay in to do a job on Bont, like he did on Petracca.

We are gonna get reamed - certainly by the Doggies after they will have been under media pressure all week following their loss to Hawks yesterday - and also certainly by our umpy friends - again....
Dogs mids will be doing 720's whilst being tackled only to either throw the ball out or have the ball spill with no whistle.

Dogs will lose Libba and we will likely gain Dion but their mids will dominate us - English and Darcy will own Nank, they will get heaps of first use. Our defence will be desperately trying to hold back the tsunami of inside 50's...

Balta up forward will help but will be starved of quality service.

Pretty sure my wife will want me to spend some time with her on Sat night so luckily I will be unable to watch this one.
English has been crap this year. Libba out is huge for them.

Now that I think about it Pickett should stay in to do a job on Bont, like he did on Petracca.

English has been crap this year. Libba out is huge for them.
English yesterday:
18 disposals, 9 marks, 31 hit-outs, 4 tackles, 2 goals - in a losing side - would like him at the Tigers.

Genuine question to anyone who is suggesting Graham to come straight back in...
What do you see in his current game and form that will positively contribute to our performance? Other than him being in his mid 20's?

I'm not going to argue or question what you say, I just want to know what people are seeing that I'm not seeing.

English yesterday:
18 disposals, 9 marks, 31 hit-outs, 4 tackles, 2 goals - in a losing side - would like him at the Tigers.
Yeah not bad. Doesn't like the physical stuff Nank offers though.
English will play his GF against us with Naughton . Bet on it mate.
Young did really well on an in-form Naughton last time they played.

What do you see in his current game and form that will positively contribute to our performance? Other than him being in his mid 20's?

I'm not going to argue or question what you say, I just want to know what people are seeing that I'm not seeing.
Nothing, but Yze seems to like him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've just learnt not to bag oppo players if they're playing us bc they miraculously rise from the dust and bite you on the scrotum more often than not. If Ryan was getting numbers like English we would all be excited. meh

Naughton went off just before HT with a dislocated finger and still kicked 3.2. He came back on midway in the 3rd iirc

Last edited:

He just isn't fast enough for the modern game and his body suffers bc of it. Read the last 150 pages of his thread mate.
Only reason he could be getting a game is bc they want to trade him out this year and he can perform to some level of acceptance, but most know he can't anymore.

Last edited:
This week we front up against the Dogs who will be looking to bounce back after a surprise loss to Hawthorn on the weekend, while we'll be looking at putting in a much improved performance after a very poor game against Fremantle.

We should be welcoming back Noah Balta and Dion Prestia who have both recovered from injuries while Jack Graham is also a chance to return to strengthen the line up after missing this week with hamstring awareness.

As mentioned the teams performance against Fremantle was possibly the worse that we've put forward this year across 4 quarters. The 3rd quarter was barely acceptable while the rest of the game we struggled to keep Fremantle in check. We will need a much improved effort if we're to match it with the Dogs who will themselves be desperate to make amends for their poor performance which could make for a tough hard game as both teams look to have a dip.

Possible Line Up
Out: McIntosh Pickett Naismith Campbell Mansell
In: Prestia Ryan Balta McAuliffe Graham

B: Miller Grimes Young
HB: Short Broad Vlastuin
C: Ralphsmith Prestia D.Rioli
HF: M.Rioli Baker Bolton
F: Lefau Martin Balta
R: Nankervis McAuliffe Sonsie
INT: Brown Dow Graham Ryan
SUB: Banks

Prediction: An improved performance from the Tigers will see us in the mix for the first 3 quarters but as we've seen we fall away in the last and the Dogs should get up by 3-4 goals.
meet up the oracle GIF by ORU Oracle

The Gospel according to RT
The Oracle has spoken

Last edited:
Should really shake up the team this week lots of ins and outs and several positional changes
Out- Dow...naismith...pickets.. Macintosh...banks...Campbell...Grimes ,,broad
In -- mcaullife...ryan-- balta,,,green,,,smith
Prestia...Cumberland...Coulthard
Means we have played 40 players this year
Only Bauer..Fawcett..colina and other basketball player to not play this year
B--- mansell---- young---- vlaustin
Hb--- bolton---- miller-- brown
C- -,- short --- le fau ---- d rioli
Hf-- hugo''--- Balta---- m rioli
Ff' Baker--' Dusty --' green
R- ryan--- mcaullife-- sonsie
Inter- Nank-' Smith-' Cumberland-'Coulthard
Sub - Prestia

Whether posters like it or not he us highly regarded at the club by both players and coaches alike. We're light on for leadership and some of our leaders don't exactly lead by example when it's required. So Graham will come in to try and provide some leadership and defensive work that certain big names don't do.

Not sure about these - English beat Nank both meetings last year and Naughton's overall performances are best ranked v tigers above anyone else.

Not sure about these - English beat Nank both meetings last year and Naughton's overall performances are best ranked v tigers above anyone else.
Yeah English was much better last year and hasn't been the same since his concussion in preseason, although he may be starting to get some confidence back. As Leigh Matthew said a few weeks ago he wasn't playing big man footy.

Naughton is wildy inconsistent. Young did well last time, Naughton got a couple goals from weak free kicks.

All I see is concrete boots. Guy is genuinely slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back