Game Day Round 9 vs. Western Bulldogs, Fri 13/05, 7:50pm MRVL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please explain how TB with the 3rd highest pressures acts get dropped.
We have got soo many kids who do that. 3rd highest ... idc about that. Tyler Brown needs to do more. Pressure acts are nothing. It's just chasing with a glorified name. Sure, it can force errors and I'm not saying it's not important but ANY player can do it. It's not that special. McCreery does it. I'm saying, I want to see players who get the ball. Because you don't win matches chasing people. He gained 40m. Now his job is inside mid but it says that despite his 6 tackles and 14 disposals, he's not running or moving the ball a long period of time.

The injury report is up, and it looks like Roughy won't be back this week. And Tom Wilson had surgery for a "disc buldge". Who writes this stuff?

Another Mid-Season Draft Pick?

I’d rather they give T Browns midfield minutes to McInness…

cause the end game is McInness playing 100 games as an onballer for the club… something T brown is very unlikely to do

And before anyone says Reef is not physically ready for it… the kid weighs near 90kg already

cause the end game is McInness playing 100 games as an onballer for the club… something T brown is very unlikely to do

And before anyone says Reef is not physically ready for it… the kid weighs near 90kg already
He should have played against Richmond.

Reef no Gurantee yet as not played in the Guts Much yet

We have got soo many kids who do that. 3rd highest ... idc about that. Tyler Brown needs to do more. Pressure acts are nothing. It's just chasing with a glorified name. Sure, it can force errors and I'm not saying it's not important but ANY player can do it. It's not that special. McCreery does it. I'm saying, I want to see players who get the ball. Because you don't win matches chasing people. He gained 40m. Now his job is inside mid but it says that despite his 6 tackles and 14 disposals, he's not running or moving the ball a long period of time.
Ok - so who offers a better inside mid option with the potential for the same PActs, but provides more benefit in metres gained, goals etc.

Last edited:
Agree.
There seems to me more of an urgency/desperation to his game.
Two weeks in a row I’ve noticed little things I’ve not seen before.
Hope I’m not just hoping that the “penny is dropping”.

Edit: Just saw the post from 76woodenspooners about the tackles. 👍🏻🤞
Agree im starting to see signs that Tyler will make it. In fact stuff it im going to make a prediction. Yes ive had a few drinks but who cares? Tyler will be an AFL standard midfielder by round 18. Would not be disappointed even if he gets dropped because he will earn his place back into the team. The signs are good if he doesnt get injured. Im starting to like the look of him. His main issue atm is production but with a little confidence and more midfield time he is our second best inside mid behind Adams

Agree im starting to see signs that Tyler will make it. In fact stuff it im going to make a prediction. Yes ive had a few drinks but who cares? Tyler will be an AFL standard midfielder by round 18. Would not be disappointed even if he gets dropped because he will earn his place back into the team. The signs are good if he doesnt get injured. Im starting to like the look of him. His main issue atm is production but with a little confidence and more midfield time he is our second best inside mid behind Adams

Shows how little Depth we have at the Inside Mid Postion

Shades of Jarrad Blair, kappa nailed it though

Jarryd was a bit of a wrecking ball at one stage there… (a small wrecking ball can still do a lot of damage.) I really loved that about him…. He reached a stage a few seasons later where he really didn’t have a role in the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The injury report is up, and it looks like Roughy won't be back this week. And Tom Wilson had surgery for a "disc buldge". Who writes this stuff?
Spelling aside; I’ve got 2 bulged discs. It’s a serious injury that lasts a lifetime. And the only surgery I know of is fusion of the spine around the affected disc that involves a flexible metal cage being surgically inserted around the disk/s. It’s risky surgery and impedes movement of the spine. Might not see him for a while if so. And may affect his flexibility moving forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10news sports report indicating that roughy is a good chance to return this weekend.

Fingers crossed.

Where did 10 news get that info, lol

Roughy looks to still be out for at least another 2 weeks, and could be longer, going by the injury report. We may get Elliott back before Roughy, the way his finger recovery is tracking....lol

Where did 10 news get that info, lol

Roughy looks to still be out for at least another 2 weeks, and could be longer, going by the injury report. We may get Elliott back before Roughy, the way his finger recovery is tracking....lol
Yeah... not ready yet unfortunately

Spelling aside; I’ve got 2 bulged discs. It’s a serious injury that lasts a lifetime. And the only surgery I know of is fusion of the spine around the affected disc that involves a flexible metal cage being surgically inserted around the disk/s. It’s risky surgery and impedes movement of the spine. Might not see him for a while if so. And may affect his flexibility moving forward.
I know it's a serious injury - I wish Tom well in his recovery.
My comment was about the common lack of accurate grammar & spelling on what is the club's official website.

Jarryd was a bit of a wrecking ball at one stage there… (a small wrecking ball can still do a lot of damage.) I really loved that about him…. He reached a stage a few seasons later where he really didn’t have a role in the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More of a wrecking ball bearing.

Played there in nab league… always drafted with him becoming a clearance mid in mind

Give him 15min game time there each week then rotate him back forward…

Will he do much worse as a mid than T Brown? 🤷‍♂️
I actually bemused as to why he doesn’t get a couple / few midfield minutes each quarter

Can't afford to keep carrying WHE. He has become a nothing footballer, it sickens me seeing how he peels off the back at every opportunity to try to win a cheap touch.

No more dead wood. Brown brothers, Bianco & WHE should be relegated to the 2's for the remainder of the year. Macrae, Poulter and Reef need to be properly developed.
I’m a big critic of WHE but he was clearly one of our better players on Saturday. Easily our best outside player on the day

I’m a big critic of WHE but he was clearly one of our better players on Saturday. Easily our best outside player on the day

Correct! The outside players cop so much crap but the only way they get outside is running like a robber fleeing a crime scene. For 4 quarters. And then the experts say “oh it was a cheapie because he was alone”.

To be the lone guy at the back of a contest deep forward takes a bit of run.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

10news sports report indicating that roughy is a good chance to return this weekend.

Fingers crossed.

Didn't sound likely from the clubs injury update:

Jordan Roughead's finger injury has taken a little longer than expected and will undergo a few tests before joining full contact training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back