Round one 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrea Petrie thinks Polo is a tall forward.

Tiger talls set to forge power forward line
If YESTERDAY'S practice match in gusty conditions was anything to go by, Richmond's forward line may prove a force to be reckoned with in the AFL this year.

Tall forwards Graham Polak and Dean Polo showed some promising signs alongside key forward Jack Riewoldt
Tiger talls set to forge power forward line

These two would make great roommates.

Also impressive were former Essendon midfielder Tom Hislop and newcomer Troy Taylor whenever they got their hands on the pill,

You guys......lol, lol, .......:D, do you really think we are that bad??? Don't get too full of yourselves, we did that last year and got flogged remember. AFL is a funny game and Fev is a major major loss to your side. I keep reading that you guys don't think you will miss him and that you have replaced him and I don't agree. I also don't agree that with him gone you are more unpredictable up forward, how is that so when you still have the same forwards bar your best one??

Fev is a massive loss to your club IMO, he is one of the best shots at goal in the AFL from any angle at any distance and he was you best player, of course appart from Judd.

Good luck guys but don't get too cocky.......;)

You guys......lol, lol, .......:D, do you really think we are that bad??? Don't get too full of yourselves, we did that last year and got flogged remember.

how is that so when you still have the same forwards bar your best one??

Love the hypocrisy. You're exactly right, you did get flogged, and have since lost your best player :rolleyes:

Yes, you really are that bad, that's why you bottomed out and finished 15th.

Fev is a massive loss to your club IMO, he is one of the best shots at goal in the AFL from any angle at any distance and he was you best player, of course appart from Judd.

Do you know that Fev only converted at 61% in the 2009 season, marginally above his career average of 60%? As a comparison Bradshaw converted at 73% during the 2009 season, Le Cras at 69%, Porplyzia at 74%. Even Brown & Riewoldt converted at 62%. Fev kicks a lot of goals, but Fev had a lot of shots for goal at Carlton (146 scoring shots in 2009).

We will still get as much ball into our F50 (if not more given the continued development of Murphy, Gibbs, Grigg etc & the addition of McLean), it will just be distributed a little more evenly than it has been for the last 7 seasons

Even at 61% he kicked bags of goals, hey Sin, good luck round 1, different year, different players diferent.... all different, good luck...:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even at 61% he kicked bags of goals, hey Sin, good luck round 1, different year, different players diferent.... all different, good luck...:thumbsu:

Another backtrack :eek:

So when the second worst team in the league lose their best player for nothing, that's ok because there's different players?

But when a team that made the finals trades one of their best players for two first round draft picks they're worse off. :rolleyes:

Do you know that Fev only converted at 61% in the 2009 season, marginally above his career average of 60%? As a comparison Bradshaw converted at 73% during the 2009 season, Le Cras at 69%, Porplyzia at 74%. Even Brown & Riewoldt converted at 62%. Fev kicks a lot of goals, but Fev had a lot of shots for goal at Carlton (146 scoring shots in 2009).

We will still get as much ball into our F50 (if not more given the continued development of Murphy, Gibbs, Grigg etc & the addition of McLean), it will just be distributed a little more evenly than it has been for the last 7 seasons

Good stats :thumbsu:

The thing is it;s all relative, the ball is still going to be in the forward 50 with way more options, which equals more shots on goal....could be too complicated for Richmond folk :footy:

So when the second worst team in the league lose their best player for nothing, that's ok because there's different players?

But when a team that made the finals trades one of their best players for two first round draft picks they're worse off. :rolleyes:

love how some posters think you are better off without fev.

it appears that parrot is the one of the only few that doesn't think this.

Why a backtrack???? You had a proven forward that you couldn't manage and you ended up with who? Two first round picks, who are they, not a Fev??

A backtrack, mate, I could backtrack to 1980 but thats no good going forward. We were the the "second worst" team LAST YEAR, round 1 bring it on!!!;)

A backtrack, mate, I could backtrack to 1980 but thats no good going forward. We were the the "second worst" team LAST YEAR, round 1 bring it on!!!;)

You were actually the worst team in 2009, but the team who eventually finished 16th weren't going to miss out on the priority pick, no matter what.

It is quite amusing that Richmond were the worst team in both 2007 & 2009 & still didn't get the #1 pick either time. That is poor management.

You were actually the worst team in 2009, but the team who eventually finished 16th weren't going to miss out on the priority pick, no matter what.

It is quite amusing that Richmond were the worst team in both 2007 & 2009 & still didn't get the #1 pick either time. That is poor management.

Like I said look back all you want I am looking forward...... round 1.

You guys......lol, lol, .......:D, do you really think we are that bad??? Don't get too full of yourselves, we did that last year and got flogged remember. AFL is a funny game and Fev is a major major loss to your side. I keep reading that you guys don't think you will miss him and that you have replaced him and I don't agree. I also don't agree that with him gone you are more unpredictable up forward, how is that so when you still have the same forwards bar your best one??

Good luck guys but don't get too cocky.......;)

WHY OH WHY is the team that lost Matthew Richardson, Joel Bowden and Nathan Brown better off than Carlton after losing one key player (Fev) and having another suspended (Judd). Richardson and Brown where relatively important to your structure up front and Bowden provided a lot of run out of the back.

Judging by YOUR TRAINING REPORTS you are having an entire restructure of your forward line yet ours is bound to struggle after losing one (albeit very important) part.

Oh and do I think you are really that bad? No.

I think you overvalue your team and believe your players will almost automatically adopt Hardwicks structure as if Wallace and Rawlings game plans have just evaporated from there heads. Your supporters also undervalue the strength of our middle band of players. Our side isn't just the midfield, and Fev wasn't our only forward, only the one we kicked it to the most.

We may not flog you by over 80 points we might even lose. But personally against a redeveloping outfit such as yours I'd expect a 20 point win at least otherwise our boys have let us down

WHY OH WHY is the team that lost Matthew Richardson, Joel Bowden and Nathan Brown better off than Carlton after losing one key player (Fev) and having another suspended (Judd). Richardson and Brown where relatively important to your structure up front and Bowden provided a lot of run out of the back.

Judging by YOUR TRAINING REPORTS you are having an entire restructure of your forward line yet ours is bound to struggle after losing one (albeit very important) part.

Oh and do I think you are really that bad? No.

I think you overvalue your team and believe your players will almost automatically adopt Hardwicks structure as if Wallace and Rawlings game plans have just evaporated from there heads. Your supporters also undervalue the strength of our middle band of players. Our side isn't just the midfield, and Fev wasn't our only forward, only the one we kicked it to the most.

We may not flog you by over 80 points we might even lose. But personally against a redeveloping outfit such as yours I'd expect a 20 point win at least otherwise our boys have let us down

This hurts, but, "Blue and Silver, this would have to be one of the most sensible posts I have seen in this thread so far."

I wanted Fev to stay. No question he would have helped us in the short-term, but I have faith in the judgement of those in-the-know who decided to make the tough decision, and I respect the opposing view put forward by many passionate Carlton supporters. We sacrificed short-term benefit, for a medium-longer term return. That was a very gutsy and courageous thing to do, and pretty much the 100% opposite to the pathetic, weak short-term quick-fix decisions that are trademark for Bleakmond, which is the reason why your Basket case of a club is entering failure year number 30. I guess that's your first take home point.

The 2nd point is that even though we were in a hopeless bargaining position, we some how managed to extract 2 first round pick players out of the Lions, that was an unbelievable result, considering we were on the verge of taking Bradshaw and some Lions B-grade midfielder as the only compensation. I would have been gutted if that trade went through. Given that the Lions over-paid so much, I felt happier with the decision. We managed to get a top-quality young KP forward, and a potential elite midfielder. i.e. an awesome investment in the future. Realistically Fev has 2 more years left playing the fast leading FF role, and we would not have got any compensation once he retired of course.

:)

What did the Tigers offer us for Fevola in trade week?

A 31 year old who was a recovering drug addict was good enough for the Tigers, but not Fevola after his second best season to date.

You might find more BF threads criticising Fevola, than praising him.

Talk about spin city.

It's in your interest to talk up Fevola so you can beat us down when he plays well.

For the next two to three seasons at least. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back