Rounds 7 & 8 - Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 7 Trades

Have never before considered Chappy for SC due to his durability concerns, but I find myself wavering a bit today. I have $708k to spend on Rioli's replacement, was all set to bring in Pavlich, but now am wondering if Chappy might be worth the risk. Would love some feedback on the potential replacements...

FWD: J Brown, ROK, Franklin, Higgins, Hall, Rioli, Pods (Duncan & Roberts)

Chappy $646k, 129.8 ave
Pav $566k, 111.8
Didak $511k, 96.3
Harvey $507k, 92.8
*All the above replacement options have the dual-positioning option.

i would go pav and pocket the diff for another upgrade........

im doing bastinac to howlett, should I upgrade hunt to:

gilbert or malceski?

REALLY unsure as to what to do with my forwards as im looking to upgrade and I only want to bring in bona fide premiums. I have enough cash cows and money in the bank to afford anyone bar Chapman (too expensive IMO). Problem is the other obvious "lock" forwards right now (Brown, ROK and Pavlich) are already in my side.

So... what do I do? Medhurst needs to go ASAP, I got sucked in by his pre-season form and now I want to cut my losses. Hall is another one I want to trade but I can wait on that one for awhile.

Goodes, Giansiricusa and Higgins are the ones im looking at but bringing in but im not really convinced by any of them. At this stage im thinking of doing Medhurst -> Goodes next week (not this week due to Goodes high B/E), but even then Im not convinced he will be able to score like he has in previous years.

Who are you all looking to upgrade to in the FWD line? Is there anyone i've missed?

Bastinac -> Howlett [with Martin as other bench mid].

I was then going to trade Hunt for Gilbee, only to discover I'm 2k short. The ONE year I don't have Gilbee... he dominates. :thumbsdown:

Thoughts on Grundy vs. Shaw?

Took Bastinac - Howlett.

Feels like a wasted trade to some degree.

Have never before considered Chappy for SC due to his durability concerns, but I find myself wavering a bit today. I have $708k to spend on Rioli's replacement, was all set to bring in Pavlich, but now am wondering if Chappy might be worth the risk. Would love some feedback on the potential replacements...

FWD: J Brown, ROK, Franklin, Higgins, Hall, Rioli, Pods (Duncan & Roberts)

Chappy $646k, 129.8 ave
Pav $566k, 111.8
Didak $511k, 96.3
Harvey $507k, 92.8
*All the above replacement options have the dual-positioning option.

Not having Chappy is killing me but too. I've avoided him for the same reasons you have... But it is getting harder to ignore him. One thing to consider is he's at an absolute premium at the moment. You will get him at a better price later.

Pav is very consistent so a good buy.

Didak has bottomed out and won't go much lower.

Harvey has been up and down all year.

I have all 3.

Took Bastinac - Howlett.

Feels like a wasted trade to some degree.

Bastinac has most likely peaked, you've made all you can from him, you're bringing in a player about to jump by 70k [170k if he holds his spot and average over the next 3 weeks]. Not bad. The only concern I have is Howlett holding his spot.

Not having Chappy is killing me but too. I've avoided him for the same reasons you have... But it is getting harder to ignore him. One thing to consider is he's at an absolute premium at the moment. You will get him at a better price later.

I have all 3.

I can't agree mate.
Chappy has been my first picked Cat for the past 3 years. He always scores well. Touch wood his hammy holds up and there will be stuff all fluctuation in his price.

He's working up the ground and being used far more than previous years too.

Thinking of

Silvagni to Robertson

then

Medhurst to Didak/Goodes/Harvey

No idea who to get outta those 3.
HELP!

There has to be better around than those 3?
Not sure what is going on with Goodes.

Thinking of Bastinac -> Howlett as well, purely to get me some cash.

Help - I want to trade Seaby for a ruck - was going to go for Sandilands but now am leaning towards Cox for some weird reason. Can anyone talk sense into me? I can buy either regardless of the Bastinac -> Howlett trade.

gilbert or malceski?
Why not Sam Fisher? I would take him.. Has averaged over 90 for the last 4 seasons including 100 the past 2. Well under value atm dropped well over 35k now at just 454.7k avg 90, scored 114 last week looks in fine form and looks to be over injury concerns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have two options this week i have 128k in the bank

option 1: Bastinac/L.Jetta>Howlet and Medhurst>?

Option 2: Medhurst>Fyfe and Hille>Sandi

Thoughts?

Why not Sam Fisher? I would take him.. Has averaged over 90 for the last 4 seasons including 100 the past 2. Well under value atm dropped well over 35k now at just 454.7k avg 90, scored 114 last week looks in fine form and looks to be over injury concerns.

yeah always a fisher fan but hasnt been the same since coming back from his ankle, maybe he is over it now....

basically my options are:

malceski
gilbert
fisher

I really want shaw but cant afford... my backline is

goddard, hodge, enright, gilbee, waters, hunt, ladson (mcguire, nason)

i want to save some cash to go ziebell to pav next week!

HELP!!!!

REALLY unsure as to what to do with my forwards as im looking to upgrade and I only want to bring in bona fide premiums. I have enough cash cows and money in the bank to afford anyone bar Chapman (too expensive IMO). Problem is the other obvious "lock" forwards right now (Brown, ROK and Pavlich) are already in my side.

Who are you all looking to upgrade to in the FWD line? Is there anyone i've missed?

I'm in the similar position...there just doesn't seem to be enough quality premium forwards there.

Goodes has been a traditional buy for me around this time year after year...heart wants to select him, but head says beware. I've even been thinking about Bradshaw but he has always been about 10 to 15 points short of being a proper premium.

Harvey will probably end up being the safer option, but waiting another week or two with a 160 B/E.

Has anyone else been thinking with lack of premium forwards that assuming he doesnt get dropped that Podsiadly could end up being a F7 keeper?

i plan on keeping pods as my F7,

My issue with Mitch Clark ruled out is now i wll cop a zero, would it be worth trading Warnock down to Jordan Roughead?

I will make 112k and avoide a zero for this round.

i plan on keeping pods as my F7,

My issue with Mitch Clark ruled out is now i wll cop a zero, would it be worth trading Warnock down to Jordan Roughead?

I will make 112k and avoide a zero for this round.

clarke is out????

I have two options this week i have 128k in the bank

option 1: Bastinac/L.Jetta>Howlet and Medhurst>?

Option 2: Medhurst>Fyfe and Hille>Sandi

Thoughts?

Toss a coin.. Should of had Sandi from the start though.. Can't go wrong with either.

Now that Franklin is out I need cover in the forward line otherwise I'll be one short.

Would Gumbleton > Fyfe be a good option or Hall or Murphy > Fyfe be better?

None of them. Gumbleton is a good backup forward, his scores are improving and you know he'll get to play all 22 games if fit.

Bloody hell, going to cop another zero with Franklin out.

None of my reserves are playing, what the hell is going on with Shuey, Banner, Rockliff and Hitchcock because I really can't keep having reserves that aren't playing on my bench.

Is it worth trading one of the forward reserves out for a say, Fyfe?

None of them. Gumbleton is a good backup forward, his scores are improving and you know he'll get to play all 22 games if fit.

I know, bad idea that is why I deleted the post. :)

Got another post up you can rack your brain at though. :)

Again, probably another bad idea. :p

I have all 3.

gilbert or malceski?

Cheers guys.

Marky53, you can't go too far wrong with either, but I'd go Malceski at $440k-odd. I may be biased though, I've had Malceski every single year bar this one, and I feel like projectile vomitting every time he knocks up another 120.

So... what do I do? Medhurst needs to go ASAP, I got sucked in by his pre-season form and now I want to cut my losses. Hall is another one I want to trade but I can wait on that one for awhile.

Goodes, Giansiricusa and Higgins are the ones im looking at but bringing in but im not really convinced by any of them. At this stage im thinking of doing Medhurst -> Goodes next week (not this week due to Goodes high B/E), but even then Im not convinced he will be able to score like he has in previous years.

Didak may be another one to consider. Is a SC machine when "on". I'd probably play it safe and grab Higgins. Won't knock out many big 100's, but is a lock for 100 or thereabouts each week. Considering the up-and-down nature of most forwards, he's a handy guy to have.

Bloody hell, going to cop another zero with Franklin out.

None of my reserves are playing, what the hell is going on with Shuey, Banner, Rockliff and Hitchcock because I really can't keep having reserves that aren't playing on my bench.

Is it worth trading one of the forward reserves out for a say, Fyfe?

I/C: Cheynee Stiller, Matt Austin, Travis Johnstone, Tom Rockliff

In: Adcock, Sherman, Hanley, Rockliff, Stiller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back