Rounds 7 & 8 - Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 7 Trades

I'd hold fire if I was you supercoachfan, but it depends on who else is in your team. If your forwards or rucks are particularly weak then either option does look pretty good. But ROK should slide a little further and your paying top dollar for Sandi atm, but he looks worth every penny atm.

My trades i'm considering are;

This week
Medhurst > Fyfe
Ladson > Hargrave

Next week
Nason > Webberley/Roberton
Hitchcock > Brown/Didak/ROK

Any opinions on these? Can Hargrave recapture his form? Ladson seems a little on the outer at Hawthorn and Medhurst is up and down but if I don't trade him this week I'll have to hold onto him for a lot longer.

Really? Is that including his 133, 69, 86, 96, 137 and his preseason scores of 121 and 196? Averaged over 100 last year and almost 120 in his last 4 games last season including a final.

Stanton is scoring OK in SC this year, but it's true that he scores better in DT than SC.

I'd trade for Hayes or J Selwood if possible.

Took Bastinac - Howlett.

Feels like a wasted trade to some degree.
It's not because there are practically no other midfield rookies at the moment and Howlett will more than likely stay in the side as bench cover and as a cash cow for you.

Bastinac will potentially go up 30k over the next 3 weeks but I guess it depends if you're keen to be patient or get an up-and-comer before their price shoots through the roof. I did the same trade and I don't think I will get Fyfe at this stage, still deciding.

Only Carlton guy I'm really looking at is Murphy TBH, as he is fully fit and consistently scoring over 100-110 but playing St Kilda. Cross is flying too. Only drama is he able to get the points with Boyd back? 60k price difference Cross BE 107 Murphy 135 or something. Just keep leaning to Murphy for some reason?

Cross has been ok even when Boyd was in the team! Had a stinker against the Lions, but he's in my team and is pretty consistent

EDIT: Just completed Seaby to Cox. Down to 13 trades. Should i do Gumby to Fyfe and then upgrade Ballantyne or Hall to Didak or another premium next week? Would do no more trading after that for quite a bit i guess!

Cross has been ok even when Boyd was in the team! Had a stinker against the Lions, but he's in my team and is pretty consistent.

Had him last year.. Did the same as well. Really can't choose between him or Murphy. Only thing is Cross gives me 66k spare as Murphy gives me about 6k.

It's not because there are practically no other midfield rookies at the moment and Howlett will more than likely stay in the side as bench cover and as a cash cow for you.

Bastinac will potentially go up 30k over the next 3 weeks but I guess it depends if you're keen to be patient or get an up-and-comer before their price shoots through the roof. I did the same trade and I don't think I will get Fyfe at this stage, still deciding.

Bastinac has a break even of 69 in my view has just about peaked. North has a tough draw over the next four weeks Collingwood, Crows, Freo and the Bulldogs. 30K strongly doubt it, he will struggle to hold his current value

Had him last year.. Did the same as well. Really can't choose between him or Murphy. Only thing is Cross gives me 66k spare as Murphy gives me about 6k.

Are ya upgrading a player to one of those? I'd go Cross, but i'm biased. Love the way Cross goes about his footy, even if he handballs way too much. But, Murphy is an exceptional player too, he's got a lot of other of great midfielders around him but can still get a tag despite having Judd running around. But i dare say, Judd and the likes would get the #1 tag. Cross doesn't seem to get a tag that i've noticed, purely because he isn't as damaging going forward like a few of the other Bulldog players? But he set up the play with handballs, gets his own footy, tackles and gets the cheap mark too. :D

EDIT: Just completed Seaby to Cox. Down to 13 trades. Should i do Gumby to Fyfe and then upgrade Ballantyne or Hall to Didak or another premium next week? Would do no more trading after that for quite a bit i guess!

Would like a bit of advice on that one, anyone? Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peterson --> Gia / Goodes / Didak

Bah! What a tough choice.

Or do I trade him to Fyfe and push one of my other forwards potentially to Chappy next week. I hate Friday trade time!

Traded Rioli > Brown and Waite > Roberton, which next week enables me to do RMurphy > Pavlich and Medhurst > ROK.

My forwardline will go from a massive weakness to a strength by next week, and at no expense to the backs, as Waite was a bench player anyway and his B/E is 133.

Bastinac has a break even of 69 in my view has just about peaked. North has a tough draw over the next four weeks Collingwood, Crows, Freo and the Bulldogs. 30K strongly doubt it, he will struggle to hold his current value
Yeah I think you're right and that's why I've done the Bastinac -> Howlett trade this week.

Hille/Seaby, no bench cover this week. 284k to spend and 5.6k short of Sandilands. What to do?

Alright buddy is out and I've got danger and rockliff on the bench and gumby on the field. Any tips on what I should do?

Put Rockliff on the field.

Yeah I think you're right and that's why I've done the Bastinac -> Howlett trade this week.

Hille/Seaby, no bench cover this week. 284k to spend and 5.6k short of Sandilands. What to do?

Get Cox, or if you don't like him downgrade your third/fourth ruckman to Roughead?

does anyone think it would be worth it to downgrade goodwin to a 228k or below player, then trade seaby to sandi? My other ruck is hille.....

the other option I'm thinking of is cashing bastinac in for howlett then grabbing cox.....

Decisions decisions.....

Hmm still tossing this one up

Silvagni > Hams/Sheppard/Webberly/Roberton
Then
Hille > Cox

Really not sure what to do, is it worth taking a risk on one of those 4 just to get cox?

Any thoughts

Not happy with my thoughts last night?

Still wouldn't do either. Hams has busted. Shep, Webbs & Robbo all yet to play a game. Hille has a BE of 63, Cox 110ish.

Howlett's a no brainer from a $$$ point of view, but this is the risk i.e. he gets dropped and then you have no bench cover.

It's one of the things I'm weighing up.

Silvagni or Nason out for Malceski? Dunno which one to take out. Nason has less of a breakeven but doesn't score as high as Silvagni while Silvagni seems to have higher scoring potential but has a higher break even. Also Silvagni is under pressure to keep his place with a few senior players returning from injury (Dodd, Grover). It's not really that big of a deal because I'll be looking to both out soon however anyway.

Howlett's a no brainer from a $$$ point of view, but this is the risk i.e. he gets dropped and then you have no bench cover.

It's one of the things I'm weighing up.

always worried about having essendon players. knights is the definition of throwing the baby out with the bath water. thought howlett was pretty decent in his first 2 games then he got dropped. hopefully he will play the next 4 games with welsh out.

Not happy with my thoughts last night?

Still wouldn't do either. Hams has busted. Shep, Webbs & Robbo all yet to play a game. Hille has a BE of 63, Cox 110ish.

Why do you think Hams has busted?

I don't want to go Ottens > Cox until next week as I have other trades to do tonight, but I'm worried Cox will sail past the 110 against Renouf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back