Rounds 7 & 8 - Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 8 Trades

Yeah nice Thomas Ladson, isnt isnt really one most people would want in their final teams. I have a dilema $330,300 in the bank and ive seen a few options but its between these 2

1. martin-Hayes, then Hall- Didak
or
2. martin-Swan, then Hall -Higgens
Help and opinion would be much appreciated

i have Mitchell as well, hes a gun even when he was going bad he was still getting 30+ possys. hes back this week so i would bother wasting the trade

I didn't think I was gonna go for the overall win, and I still think I'm too far behind to get it [I'm ranked in the 700s], but I might start working that way.

Really need to get rid of Hall. I still have 16 trades left, just over 210k in the bank. So I fall well short of Chapman, but there aren't many other options. I already have Brown, Pavlich, ROK and Gia. I'm not sold on Grundy, and whilst Varcoe is looking the goods, he has performed in two easy victories only. So basically, there is nobody else with a 100+ average to get. So it comes down to Betts, Franklin, Harvey and Higgins. Again, not sold on them. I'm thinking I might have to free up enough cash to get Chappy in by downgrading Martin [bench], who despite his poor performance, still only has a BE of 29. Or another bench player who is nearing their peak.

So basically, I could do:

OUT: Martin [or other bench player], Hall
IN: Any rookie [not much quality there], Chapman

Or.... I can go a straight swap, which unfortunately keeps Hall in my side [with a BE of 170 odd].

OUT: Trengove
IN: Swan

Thoughts?

dont see whats wrong with harvey and higgens. they are pretty consistent. (harvey wont continually score those 2 shockers hes had)

Yeah nice Thomas Ladson, isnt isnt really one most people would want in their final teams. I have a dilema $330,300 in the bank and ive seen a few options but its between these 2

1. martin-Hayes, then Hall- Didak
or
2. martin-Swan, then Hall -Higgens
Help and opinion would be much appreciated

Yeh both good options but I would go for number 2

dont see whats wrong with harvey and higgens. they are pretty consistent. (harvey wont continually score those 2 shockers hes had)

My concern over Harvey is that he will have Clinton Jones following him around again come round 20, which is a vital time in supercoach [he scored 11 in the Saints game]. His other crap score came against his round 22 [grand final] opponent.

Higgins is somewhat consistent, doesn't score too high though. Would lean towards Harvey if anyone, but I'm reluctant to do so. Can still upgrade Medhurst to Chapman though I suppose, so will have to fill a forward spot with one of these second-tier players.

Hey guys, I've got $203,200 left in my salary cap and looking to trade Sam Mitchell out of my midfield so i will have $671,900 left. Who should i get; Chapman, Judd or Pavlich????

Christ, he's back this week. You have held onto him for 3 weeks with a hammy, surely nows the time to get your dues with him. Would think you've go other holes in your team that require fixing before trading out a premium. Especially one hell bent on pulling his team out of the miser.

Option 1:

Silvagni to Roberton

and one of the 3:

Trengrove to Swan?

or

Jolly to Cox?

or

Hall to Gia?

Option 2:

Hall to Fyfe

and one of the 2

Trengrove to Swan?

or

Jolly to Cox?

Would love some advice. Cheers.

Hey guys..help please

Backs: Goddard, Enright, Hurn, O'Brien, Waters, Maguire, kennelly
emerg: Nason, Davis

Have 15 trades ($246K cash) and would like to get in Malceski.
Was thinking Waters or Maguire -> Malceski , then downgrading Nason to either Sheppard or Webberley..to leave cash in bank for martin upgrade next week in midfield.

Waters or Maguire?
Sheppard or Webberley?

Will having Davis and Webberley or Sheppard on bench be too risky?

Hey guys..help please

Backs: Goddard, Enright, Hurn, O'Brien, Waters, Maguire, kennelly
emerg: Nason, Davis

Have 15 trades ($246K cash) and would like to get in Malceski.
Was thinking Waters or Maguire -> Malceski , then downgrading Nason to either Sheppard or Webberley..to leave cash in bank for martin upgrade next week in midfield.

Waters or Maguire?
Sheppard or Webberley?

Will having Davis and Webberley or Sheppard on bench be too risky?

Id say go Waters. Theyre averging the same but Waters is worth 57k more. Maguire prob is more of an injury risk but without a crystal ball Id say go Waters. And trade Webberly in, much cheaper. Again may have less job security but with Davis on board you should be fine.

Hall -> Podsiadly, thoughts?

Ps. I see nearly every post is just asking for advice, shouldnt people give ideas on other peoples trades first before asking about your own? Unless youre a n00b of course then youre prob making things worse by giving advice

Id say go Maguire. Theyre averging the same but Waters is worth 57k more. Maguire prob is more of an injury risk but without a crystal ball Id say go Waters. And trade Webberly in, much cheaper. Again may have less job security but with Davis on board you should be fine.

Ps. I see nearly every post is just asking for advice, shouldnt people give ideas on other peoples trades first before asking about your own? Unless youre a n00b of course then youre prob making things worse by giving advice

The question was Maguire or Waters?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id say go Maguire. Theyre averging the same but Waters is worth 57k more. Maguire prob is more of an injury risk but without a crystal ball Id say go Waters. And trade Webberly in, much cheaper. Again may have less job security but with Davis on board you should be fine.

I was thinking exactly the same thing, i think now is the time to get rid of hall and pods is killing it so yeh i think that is the way to go.

Ps. I see nearly every post is just asking for advice, shouldnt people give ideas on other peoples trades first before asking about your own?

Yes, this is exactly how this type of thread should work. It should be a much more give & take kind of thread. Advice doesn't necessarily have to be given, but an opinion should be at least offered before delving into a person's own issue. Tempted to delete posts that are only take...

Worth doing Hall to Tippet this week?

It seems pointless to downgrade Hall to anything other than a rookie because you won't necessarily get enough money to make it worthwhile. The other candidate would be Pods if you think he's going to be a keeper. I'd rather looking at upgrading him unless you had Pods sitting on your bench already.

Yes, this is exactly how this type of thread should work. It should be a much more give & take kind of thread. Advice doesn't necessarily have to be given, but an opinion should be at least offered before delving into a person's own issue. Tempted to delete posts that are only take...

Eh. Not a fan of this personally because I tend to answer other people's questions from time to time, but don't answer directly when I actually pose a question.

The other idea in my head is that I'd rather get responses who want to answer and give a bit of a reason than someone just throwing an arbitrary name or answer out so they can ask their question.

Do it...do it....do it....

It seems pointless to downgrade Hall to anything other than a rookie because you won't necessarily get enough money to make it worthwhile. The other candidate would be Pods if you think he's going to be a keeper. I'd rather looking at upgrading him unless you had Pods sitting on your bench already.

Already got Pods. Just think with speculation that Hall may miss games & expected price drop in the next few weeks it might be a good time to ditch. Ziebell & Murphy are killing me as well & I reckon Tippet may be on the way back (albeit was only Richmond last week) as well as pocketing 100k or so.

Eh. Not a fan of this personally because I tend to answer other people's questions from time to time, but don't answer directly when I actually pose a question.

The other idea in my head is that I'd rather get responses who want to answer and give a bit of a reason than someone just throwing an arbitrary name or answer out so they can ask their question.

Agree with this - also I'm ranked 40000+ so I'm not sure how good my advice would be!

Still dubious about Tippett, only cause I traded him out for Rioli (wtf!!). Tippy got a lot of his scoring in one quarter, the 4th, but with a couple of easier teams coming up, he may well have his confidence up.

Good Lord no. Sideways trade from Spud to Spud? Fyfe is a good chance to outscore Tippet with his efficiency and is a hell of a lot cheaper. Job security may be a concern however from what I hear, if his body holds up, he could become a regular in the freo side

Already got Pods. Just think with speculation that Hall may miss games & expected price drop in the next few weeks it might be a good time to ditch. Ziebell & Murphy are killing me as well & I reckon Tippet may be on the way back (albeit was only Richmond last week) as well as pocketing 100k or so.

L. Davis might be another option if you felt like rolling the dice...

yeah the crows are a big unknown at the moment, he did ok last week but it WAS only against richmond. pods or fyfe would be the way to go, or hold out a week and see how rohan goes.

i have hall too so i'm looking at pods as a cheap keeper, or fyfe as a cow. forward line is currently pav, brown, rok, gia, hall, rockliff, grant (gumby, p. davis), so the cash would be great to upgrade davis or rockliff in a couple of weeks.

i'm also thinking trengove -> stevenson is the way to go, then i can upgrade martin/melksham to selwood/hayes next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back