Rounds 7 & 8 - Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 8 Trades

Hey guys just looking for a bit of help here.. Thinking about fixing my mistake of not getting Gaz from the start of the season:eek:

Backs: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, H Shaw, Drummond, Waters, Goose
Schmidt, Nason

Center: ROK, Judd, Selwood, Barlow, Cooney, Martin
JKT, Shuey

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox
Warnock, Lobbe

Forwards: Pavlich, Brown, Franklin, Harvey, Roughead, PODS, Hall
Fyfe, Rockliff

Thinking about downgrading Hall to someone cheap then upgrading Cooney to GAJ, then next week trade Drummo and upgrade Martin to either Hayes or NDS. Or any other options that I am missing?

Cheers

Ok trade 1 for this week will probably be M.Clark > Cox.

For my 2nd trade this week i'm not too sure. This is where I need Help??

My backline -

Hodge , Goddard , Enright , Drummond , Kennelly , Waters & Hooker (emg. Silvangi & Nason)

So after the Cox trade & with Drummond's cash will have $612,200 to spend. But I just can't decide who to go for so i'm after your suggestions.:)

Hawk mad - maybe look at Hurn, he seems to always score consistantly

This is make or break week for me (just to win my leagues)!!

I have 2 trade options

1/ Drummond -> Grimes/Gilbert?Goodwin (anyone cheaper than Drummond) – must be a keeper
Staker -> Pods – hopefully as a keeper

2/Drummond-> Roberton/Webberly
Staker ->Pav

Option 1 saves me a trade next week to upgrade one of my backman (nason, Hams, Roberton/Webberly)
It’s a hard call as I am counting on Pods being a keeper but he can be upgraded if need be down the track.

What do you guys think???

P.S I have 15 trades left

hurn is more likely to be consistent.....

is anyone seriously considering rohan in the midfield to enable mpp?

Im thinking trengove to rohan, and then ziebell to pavlich (this helps pav, okeefe and goodes mpp's) could help save trades and avoid zeros later in the year??

Brennan -> Betts
Joel Macdonald -> ????. I need a cheap player for my bench to make me some $$$

next week
Martin/Trengove -> Pavlich
Ziebell -> An expensive premium forward

Looks like is going to have to be this.

Silvagni > Roberton
Martin > Ablett

Upgrading Hall have a bit of spare scratch also. Who would people go for? Thinking Goodes or Higgins at minute. Have Stevie J, ROK, Harvey and Buddy already

That is a terrible trade, he's never averaged over 70 in a season and currently has a +20 sc/dt avg. which he will not keep up.

2 good games does not maketh the man.

Varcoe is now in his 5th season, and has trended upwards in each year. Had his best pre-season, and has only just come back from a broken thumb. I reckon he is worthy of a pick, as he is a quality player who is now really establishing himself at Geelong. He is vital in a side when there are three talls, hs pace and game-breaker ability makes him a worthy pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen Leon Davis' name mentioned much.

After starting the season at $591,700, he's now sitting at a remarkably affordable $400,000. Of course his sub-par scores reflect this fall in value, but seriously... must be considered!

16 Trades left with $25K

Waters --> Webberley

then:

Trengove --> Swan; or
Maguire --> Maceski

Leaning towards getting Swan in, which will leave me with a midfield of:

Ablett, Barlow, Swan, Judd, Pendles, Mitchell - should net 750 odd each week including abletts score.

Then only have to upgrade these blokes:

Maguire, Silvagni, Medhurst and maybe Hall and Hille.

Sitting 700th~, really want a run at the top 100.

Sheesh. You're in a pretty good position mate. If you trade well it's looking top 100 for you easily.

My side is workable at this point, with two major underperforming but classy players in the forward line sticking out like a sore thumb, namely Ziebell and Rioli.

My side is currently:-

Backs} Hodge, Malceski, Enright, H.Shaw, Waters, J.Hunt, M.McGuire with Trengove of Port and Webberly as the bench.

Midfield} Ablett, Judd, Barlow, Griffen, Watson, Pendlebury with Martin and Sydney's Jetta on the pine.

Forwards} J.Brown, Didak, Podsiadly, Yarran, Zeibell, Rioli, Gumbleton, with M.Duncan and the injured Riemers on the pine.

Rucks} Sandilands, Jesse White with Warnock and Skipper on the pine.

Bringing in Pavlich for Reimers is an option, as i just cannot get it around my head that Rioli and Zeibell are no good! They have great talent, but it's just mind-boggling that they are doing so little. I could strangle the Kangaroos's coaching panel for trying to make Zeibell in inside extractor when spuds like Furrito and B.Rawlings keep getting 30 clanger-laden possessions each week. Rioli must do something against the Tigers, surely! Apart from that, and having used 8 trades so far, i reckon my team is developing well.

Those with Pods on the pine, they must be crazy! He takes contested marks, can get ground balls and is playing like a premium. Must be included in the main squad.

i picked up rockliff over pods and i am suffering big time. i have barry hall spudding it up hardcore is it worth going hall to pods?

Hall > Pods is FAR too sideways for my liking. If you haven't got Pods by now i'd be giving him a miss. His status as a potential keeper is still a huge unknown, and as a cash cow he's already done ~75% of his appreciating.

If you want to give up on Hall now then find some extra cash and then swap him for a genuine premium forward. You should only ever sideways trade due to injury or during finals.

After starting the season at $591,700, he's now sitting at a remarkably affordable $400,000. Of course his sub-par scores reflect this fall in value, but seriously... must be considered!

I've definitely considered him whenever I do a forward upgrade, but until he puts together two decent scores in a row I'm not touching him.

Probably will go:

Ziebs > Brown
Nason > Goddard

Next week, Trengove/Martin > Murphy, Hunt>Webberley

Jon Brown seems the only option up foward considering I've got Pav, O'Keefe, Gia and Buddy already.

He's in poor form, not the premium he was last year. Would rather have players in my team that I'm confident will be able to average over 95 for the season, regardless of price - Leon isn't one of those players.

Hall > Pods is FAR too sideways for my liking. If you haven't got Pods by now i'd be giving him a miss. His status as a potential keeper is still a huge unknown, and as a cash cow he's already done ~75% of his appreciating.

If you want to give up on Hall now then find some extra cash and then swap him for a genuine premium forward. You should only ever sideways trade due to injury or during finals.

Considering Pods is now geelongs focal point i think its worth treating him as a keeper. If it dosent quite work out then you will still make another 100k+ on him if traded for Hall. Well worth the risk i reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back