Rounds 7 & 8 - Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 8 Trades

Waters or Hunt to Webberley
Medhurst to Higgins

I'll probably go Waters because he's hit his BE. Covers the 0 for Medhurst (thanks to TDL still not playing, I was sure he'd get a game by now). I was going to upgrade Medhurst anyway at some point and Higgins is reliable. Means I'll have to start Nason this week but next week I'll upgrade him to a Cornes or Carazzo type.

Gives me for this week:
Hodge, Goddard, Enright, Malceski, Gram, Hunt, Nason (Webberley, Roberton)
GAJ, Montagna, Bartel, Gilbee, Cooney, Barlow (Shuey, JKT)
Sandi, NicNat
ROK, Brown, Pavlich, Gia, Higgins, Goodes, Pods (Rockliff, TDL)

Bench cover is becoming a major issue..hopefully some of the younger guys get another go in a few weeks.

Thoughts?

Gives me for this week:
Hodge, Goddard, Enright, Malceski, Gram, Hunt, Nason (Webberley, Roberton)
GAJ, Montagna, Bartel, Gilbee, Cooney, Barlow (Shuey, JKT)
Sandi, NicNat
ROK, Brown, Pavlich, Gia, Higgins, Goodes, Pods (Rockliff, TDL)

Bench cover is becoming a major issue..hopefully some of the younger guys get another go in a few weeks.

Thoughts?

Pods is out this week.

Option 1:
Hall - Fyfe
Trengove- Swan

I guess the concern with this is Fyfe is $90k more expensive than other trade down options.. 90k which would be very very handy.

Option 2:
Hall - Janesch (risky I know... does anyone have a clue about what this guy is like?!) or Danny Hughes (will he hold his spot!?)
Trengove - Swan

Definitely option 1, Fyfe is super efficient and looks to play all year.

Thinking of getting rid of Medhurst, like everyone else. Have $90K in bank.

Option 1. Swap for Josh Kennedy (WC). Pro : Starting to find form, Con : Inconsistent and WC not likely to have great year

Option 2. Swap for Leon Davis. Pro : Last year showed he is capable of big scores and Collingwood look likely to have good year. Con : Form has been average

Option 3. Downgrade Warnock to Skipper, giving $110K. Then upgrade Medhurst to Goodes. Pros and Cons, same as Davis.

Any suggestions?

I don't normally trade this early in the day but it is done. Better not bite me on the bum.

Out; J. Drummond, In; H. Shaw
Out; C. Jones, In; G. Ablett Juniiooooooorrrrrrrrr.

Option 1. Swap for Josh Kennedy (WC). Pro : Starting to find form, Con : Inconsistent and WC not likely to have great year

Option 2. Swap for Leon Davis. Pro : Last year showed he is capable of big scores and Collingwood look likely to have good year. Con : Form has been average

Option 3. Downgrade Warnock to Skipper, giving $110K. Then upgrade Medhurst to Goodes. Pros and Cons, same as Davis.

Any suggestions?

I'm in the same boat except my forward line is weak across the board. Looking at Medhurst to Higgins/ROK/Davis. Leaning towards Davis but Collingwood to have a tough month ahead.

J Brown, Medhurst, Ziebell, Franklin, Gray, Tippett, Gumbeleton - Rockliffe, Hitchcock

Is it worth keeping Ziebell as 7th forward and who should I downgrade out of Gumbleton/Rockliffe/Hitchcock to make the $ for my upgrade?

Any suggestions?
If you have bench cover, but want Goodes for Medhurst wait another week, Goodes will plummet in price in the next couple of weeks and you could almost do a straight swap with your money in the bank.

But i'm not sure if you have bench cover for Medhurst...

ok, so, im thinking:

rob murphy > fyfe
+
drummond > goddard

then next week :
bastinac/duncan > cheap rookie
+
martin > hayes/bartel (premium mid)

only bad thing about this plan it means that i would have both fyfe and pods as starting fwds, please, i need some help?

Ok got to do my trades now as this is the last time i will be near a computer before lockout.

My question - Drummond > Malceski/Hurn/Broughton

Which one????

malceski for me

what is the better combo to have?
goddard + hayes/bartel
or
Malceski + swan/montagna/watson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeh, and i already have ablett and selwood in the midfield so probably wouldnt go bartel, it would be hayes, so swan sounds better, but goddard is so good, and malceski is injury prone, im so confused, haha

ok, so, im thinking:

rob murphy > fyfe
+
drummond > goddard

then next week :
bastinac/duncan > cheap rookie
+
martin > hayes/bartel (premium mid)

only bad thing about this plan it means that i would have both fyfe and pods as starting fwds, please, i need some help?

Pods as a starting forward is a good thing and not a problem. Look at his average, and job security is secured

Also, trading out to a rookie for duncan/bastinac is fraught with danger....name your options....there aren't many

Just brought in Malceski... Still don't know if it was the right call, he KILLED me last year.

Farmer and Trengove OUT
Ablett and Webberley IN

I'm confident (barring injury) Webberley will get at least 3 games. Hardwick usually gives the newbies a few games in a row.

okay who do you think is the best mid option cash isnt an issue. My midfield stands as

Ablett
Dal santo
Barlow
Scully
Trengove
Martin

Howlett and JKT on the pine

Im leanin towards either swan or montagna dont really want chappy as he is too injury prone. Any ideas ? much appreciated

question:

I can buy any premo mid, who should it be?

I have Ablett, dal santo, selwood, barlow as my main mids atm.

Im thinking Swan, biggest drop in price. Safer hammy's than chapman who burned me in 2009. Montagna 30k for 1point better avg

okay who do you think is the best mid option cash isnt an issue. My midfield stands as

Ablett
Dal santo
Barlow
Scully
Trengove
Martin

Howlett and JKT on the pine

Im leanin towards either swan or montagna dont really want chappy as he is too injury prone. Any ideas ? much appreciated

haha fk,

Jinx

warnock>roughead (i have skipper on bench also)

medhurst>harvey
??????
its different but i think it may work:eek:
please give me some feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back