Rumour: Cotchin committed to the Gold Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

I can tell you all now that Cotchin will not be going to the Gold Coast unless he does a complete backflip in what he has said. I know for a fact that he and the younger fella's like Nahas, Post, Vickery, Edwards etc. have made a pact to make things happen for the future. My mate even laughed at one of the players when they suggested they could be a smokey for finals in the next 2 years and they were serious.

There are also articles which mention Cotchin of hopefully one day becoming a leader at the club. They can have McGuane for a 1st round pick in the top 20 when his value skyrockets after this year, otherwise they can go and get ****ed.

Lets face it we will lose one maybe two players to the gc and the same to ws, its not something we have any control over with the nazi party running the afl.

if its cotchin, lids or whoever we cant do a damn thing but move on.

players come and players go but the RFC will continue on.

I hope we dont lose any big names apart from say newman , mcmahon, but we will .

So take a chill pill and watch the collins class.

Lets face it we will lose one maybe two players to the gc and the same to ws, its not something we have any control over with the nazi party running the afl.

if its cotchin, lids or whoever we cant do a damn thing but move on.

I hope we dont lose any big names apart from say newman , mcmahon, but we will .

So take a chill pill and watch the collins class.

The players can say no :cool:

You're missing the point.

Doesn't matter if Cotchy stays with us, or goes elsewhere.
Unless he can put together a full season soon, he's of no use to any team.

Team's can't wait forever for someone's 'whatever'(sick of hearing about it) to grow:rolleyes:.

I want him to be a consistent Champ.
But we can't wait forever.
There's always be a young gun to fill his place.

The Richmond Football Club can't stop what it's trying to build because of one player. All players are replaceable if it suits us.

Oh FFS who would have thought a rumour posted on the main board would cause so much hysteria. If this was printed in the HUN or Age most of you wouldn't believe it but because some clown posts 'inside' info on here suddenly its all true and the world is ending.

Oh FFS who would have thought a rumour posted on the main board would cause so much hysteria. If this was printed in the HUN or Age most of you wouldn't believe it but because some clown posts 'inside' info on here suddenly its all true and the world is ending.

Either way its not like your salary cap is squeezed to breaking point like the Bulldogs and St Kilda. You have plenty of money spare and id say out of all of the AFL clubs you are the least likely to lose any of there main star players.

Gold Coast may want Nathan Foley but in reality what are the chances he would ditch the club that gave him the chance no one else would? None.

Continue down it's path of wooden spoons and pathetic ineptitude. Players with the potential of Cotchin don't just come and go. To get them you generally need to cop spoons.

And to those whinging about "waiting forever for players to do something" - he isn't even 20 yet, and played a similar number of games in his first 2 seasons to Nick Riewoldt. What he's dished up when he's been on the park is a definate pass mark for a 2nd year number 2 pick mid.

You're missing the point.

Doesn't matter if Cotchy stays with us, or goes elsewhere.
Unless he can put together a full season soon, he's of no use to any team.

Team's can't wait forever for someone's 'whatever'(sick of hearing about it) to grow:rolleyes:.

I want him to be a consistent Champ.
But we can't wait forever.
There's always be a young gun to fill his place.

The Richmond Football Club can't stop what it's trying to build because of one player. All players are replaceable if it suits us.

You can be an absolute idiot sometimes... The kid is 19, even if he doesnt get his body right until 21-22 (hope this is not the case), he will still have 7-8 years at the top of his game.. Cotch is definately going to be at the club for the next 10 years. Anyone who thinks the Tigs can't match the $$$ being offered to him is dillusional. We will have no problem paying cotch $500k a year. If we can pay McMuffin 300k a year, cotch will be fine.
I'm really getting sick of everyone writing cotch off. Too injury proned, cant get his body right etc.. The club was well aware of his achilles problem when we drafted him. He is just that good a prospect we couldnt pass on him..
HAVE SOME FAITH!

The Gold Coast will be targeting young guns from every club. They're just as likely to look at Cotchin as they are Murphy, Gibbs, Ziebell, Dangerfield, Hurley, Kruezer, Rich, Rioli, Naitanui, Franklin, Selwood etc.

There's going to be lots of good players out of contract and the GC will be throwing big money at these kids, and a few of them will take it. I daresay with Richo, Johnson, Brown, Bowden, Couglan gone and Simmonds, McMahon possibly to follow at the end of this year we would have a fair bit of room in the salary cap. It will be teams like Geelong, Carlton and the Hawks that will struggle to hold onto all there players with real salary cap issues.

It would be silly of the Gold Coast not to look at Cotchin as he one of the most promising young players in the comp. However Cotchin's name would be on a wish list along with probably 50-60 others, and probably with a couple of his team mates too. They will go down their list and cross them off one by one as the majority will decline. Rest easy, theres a better chance he will be a Tiger in 2011 than at GC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well IMO Richmond really need to act on this to stop the vultures and the rumor mill, sign him now until 2014,

Actually if he can't get over the constant injuries..... dare I say it..... pick 2 would be handy!!:eek:

if cotcha indeed displays the form that some boofheads are already suggesting he is the future of the club then he will be handsomly rewarded to stay a tiger and remain in Victoria. If and that is an I F he begins to dominate then there wont be too many ahead of him in the TPP at Punt Rd, quite concievably be offered 600k + by RFC if he had a top 5 B&F finish...am I making myself clear:eek:

I can tell you all now that Cotchin will not be going to the Gold Coast unless he does a complete backflip in what he has said. I know for a fact that he and the younger fella's like Nahas, Post, Vickery, Edwards etc. have made a pact to make things happen for the future. My mate even laughed at one of the players when they suggested they could be a smokey for finals in the next 2 years and they were serious.

There are also articles which mention Cotchin of hopefully one day becoming a leader at the club. They can have McGuane for a 1st round pick in the top 20 when his value skyrockets after this year, otherwise they can go and get ****ed.
Love your work SG.

Complete BS however Gold Coast are chasing one of your better midfielders in Nathan Foley
They can have him for a top three pick.

Quite right. Cotch ain't going nowhere. He will captain the club inside five years.

You can be an absolute idiot sometimes... The kid is 19, even if he doesnt get his body right until 21-22 (hope this is not the case), he will still have 7-8 years at the top of his game.. Cotch is definately going to be at the club for the next 10 years. Anyone who thinks the Tigs can't match the $$$ being offered to him is dillusional. We will have no problem paying cotch $500k a year. If we can pay McMuffin 300k a year, cotch will be fine.
I'm really getting sick of everyone writing cotch off. Too injury proned, cant get his body right etc.. The club was well aware of his achilles problem when we drafted him. He is just that good a prospect we couldnt pass on him..
HAVE SOME FAITH!
Precisely. He's a year younger than Palmer but has played about the same number of games. He's a year younger than Kreuzer and has played more games than Kreuzer had at the same age. Ziebell has played seven games but no one's writing him off. Keep the faith, Cotch will repay it tenfold.

The Gold Coast will be targeting young guns from every club. They're just as likely to look at Cotchin as they are Murphy, Gibbs, Ziebell, Dangerfield, Hurley, Kruezer, Rich, Rioli, Naitanui, Franklin, Selwood etc.
Exactly, and history says they'll be lucky to get any of them.

They can have him for a top three pick.
Foley for a top 3 pick. :D Good one.

Almost as laughable as believing you would get a first round pick for McGuane as a previous poster mentioned.

GC would have absolutely no interest in McGuane. God average footballer - and I bet the majority on here would agree. The only reason his name comes up is because he is from Qld.

end-nigh.jpg

the_sky_is_falling_card-p137462837732905126tra8_210.jpg

dre1685l.jpg

FFS!

As far as I know he's committed to us until his contract expires, when it does expire he's commited to no one, as is any proffessional footballer.

A contract is a commitment.

Any suggestion there's a commitment outside of his current commitment to us is BS.

Well IMO Richmond really need to act on this to stop the vultures and the rumor mill, sign him now until 2014,

Actually if he can't get over the constant injuries..... dare I say it..... pick 2 would be handy!!:eek:

one would think the club has been doing all it can to re-sign him. i have no doubt his manager is having him hold out for a better deal. at the end of the day its the player and his management who have the ability in ending speculation.

Almost as laughable as believing you would get a first round pick for McGuane as a previous poster mentioned.

GC would have absolutely no interest in McGuane. God average footballer - and I bet the majority on here would agree. The only reason his name comes up is because he is from Qld.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

And hes streets better than Staker.

It will be teams like Geelong, Carlton and the Hawks that will struggle to hold onto all there players with real salary cap issues.

Carlton have gotten rid of Fevola and Stevens this year and have Judd and a heavily front loaded contracted, no worries with the cap at all. Greg Swann does it very well, there was an article late last year about us having $1,000,000 spare in the cap for another big name signing.

Carlton have gotten rid of Fevola and Stevens this year and have Judd and a heavily front loaded contracted, no worries with the cap at all. Greg Swann does it very well, there was an article late last year about us having $1,000,000 spare in the cap for another big name signing.

Tanktown players keep on screwing up and you might have potentially your most marketable and best player knocking our door down and although speculative are happy to wager that it has been spoke of !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour: Cotchin committed to the Gold Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back