Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:
I’m liking Kurves theory that Lynn was lurking around their campsite to retrieve the drone.

His motive is not wanting to upset his lifestyle, losing his gun licence, his job, his club memberships.

I wonder if he had taken the car keys to look for the drone in there or to lock their vehicle to prevent them from escaping or using the radio.

He is taking the stand according to Dann. The only witness he's listed and all news sites confirm. Perhaps Dann thinks he has to
Or Lynn is so confident that his story is believable that he is insisting. I wonder what the jury will think when he starts moaning about the clubs he missed out on joining, or how his life has gone from happy to being annoyed at being accused of murder, or how these two elderly people scared him or forced him into doing all sorts of messy things he didn’t really want to do.

Could Porceddu's kind of meh performance have been by design to lull Lynn in to a false sense of security and lure him on to the stand?

Porceddu might shine in the cross examination.
Hope so but Dann would have warned Lynn and they will have practiced responses the do's and dont's would hope to see a video recording of it afterwards

Forensic psychologists and their research have identified several factors that determine how killers select their tools of death.

While opportunity and availability play a key role, the weapon often matches the murderer's personality and violent fantasies.

The murder weapon is a window into a warped mind, reflecting their deepest desires, whether it’s for revenge, money, control, ritual, or sexual release.

Stabbing: Violent, Yet Personal

Stabbings reflect high physicality and unchecked emotion. Plunging a blade into flesh requires proximity and exertion, unlike the detachment of firing a gun.

The penetrating violence bears a certain intimacy. Accordingly, stabbing frequently occurs within personal relationships.

It is not uncommon for the specific victim to be targeted even if the crime was impulsive.

Domestic abusers grab kitchen knives in a heated moment. Jealous lovers attack in a frenzy of emotion.

The stabbing often reflects rage boiling over, not a preplanned agenda.

Of course, not all knife murders are impulsive.

Bryan Kohberger is currently charged with the premeditated murder of four University of Idaho students.

One of the most damming pieces of evidence the prosecution claims they have is a knife sheath at the scene of the crime with his DNA on it.

Premeditated or spur-of-the-moment, using a knife to kill someone requires overpowering a victim physically and offers the perpetrator the “opportunity” to witness their victim’s agony.

Shooting: Quick, Distant, and Fatal

This enables a cold, removed style of killing. American mass murderer James infamously opened fire into a crowded Aurora movie theater in 2012, killing 12 and wounding 70.

His indiscriminate shooting reflected complete emotional detachment and lack of empathy.

Guns allow murderers to kill efficiently, without physical exertion, as if taking down anonymous targets.

Of course, many killers do elect to shoot victims at point-blank range, indicating some desire for intimacy and control.

Yet guns remain the most emotionally disconnected weapon overall.

For killers with specific victim targets, firearms serve to quickly and fatally wound them before they can react.

Guns enable precision hits and mass casualties from a distance - an undeniably lethal advantage.

DD must think he can stay the course. I wonder how long they'll have him on the stand?
I imagine only a couple of hours. No doubt as he gets him to tell his story, aspects will likely change from his ROI (particularly the more ridiculous elements that can easily be debunked), and the defense will highlight those differences so he can claim he was tired and confused from the two day interview and now realises he got aspects wrong.

I would have taken the day off and gone for the drive if I had any inkling he would take the stand. The defense must be extremely concerned the prosecution has made their case. If they weren't, there is absolutely no way they would put him up for the prosecution to grill for days on every little detail of his BS.

With such limited reporting, it seemed there wasn't nearly enough to convict on murder (even though I am fully convinced there was at least one murder and quite possibly two, but would be satisfied with manslaughter on the second count). He is taking the stand which tells me the defense believes the prosecution made their case. I am very happy about that. A shame there is no live stream.

Could Porceddu's kind of meh performance have been by design to lull Lynn in to a false sense of security and lure him on to the stand?

Porceddu might shine in the cross examination.
Here’s hoping! Is anyone from here attending tomorrow? Sadly I’ll be interstate so will be unable to attend.

This does make some sense to me, his rage was with Hill.

Lynn's creeping around thinking he can get in and out without being caught at Hill and Clay's campsite, overestimated his ability for stealth and underestimated Hill's bush senses. There's a confrontation with Hill and Lynn furious, loses it. Not only does Hill have drone footage of Lynn potentially doing illegal things but now he's been caught trying to steal it and/or perving on them.

Clay.

Allegedly and IMO.

Forensic psychologists and their research have identified several factors that determine how killers select their tools of death.

While opportunity and availability play a key role, the weapon often matches the murderer's personality and violent fantasies.

The murder weapon is a window into a warped mind, reflecting their deepest desires, whether it’s for revenge, money, control, ritual, or sexual release.

Stabbings reflect high physicality and unchecked emotion. Plunging a blade into flesh requires proximity and exertion, unlike the detachment of firing a gun.

The penetrating violence bears a certain intimacy. Accordingly, stabbing frequently occurs within personal relationships.

It is not uncommon for the specific victim to be targeted even if the crime was impulsive.

Domestic abusers grab kitchen knives in a heated moment. Jealous lovers attack in a frenzy of emotion.

The stabbing often reflects rage boiling over, not a preplanned agenda.

Of course, not all knife murders are impulsive.

Bryan Kohberger is currently charged with the premeditated murder of four University of Idaho students.

One of the most damming pieces of evidence the prosecution claims they have is a knife sheath at the scene of the crime with his DNA on it.

Premeditated or spur-of-the-moment, using a knife to kill someone requires overpowering a victim physically and offers the perpetrator the “opportunity” to witness their victim’s agony.

This enables a cold, removed style of killing. American mass murderer James infamously opened fire into a crowded Aurora movie theater in 2012, killing 12 and wounding 70.

His indiscriminate shooting reflected complete emotional detachment and lack of empathy.

Guns allow murderers to kill efficiently, without physical exertion, as if taking down anonymous targets.

Of course, many killers do elect to shoot victims at point-blank range, indicating some desire for intimacy and control.

Yet guns remain the most emotionally disconnected weapon overall.

For killers with specific victim targets, firearms serve to quickly and fatally wound them before they can react.

Guns enable precision hits and mass casualties from a distance - an undeniably lethal advantage.

Sounds spot on for GL in this particular case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I imagine only a couple of hours. No doubt as he gets him to tell his story, aspects will likely change from his ROI (particularly the more ridiculous elements that can easily be debunked), and the defense will highlight those differences so he can claim he was tired and confused from the two day interview and now realises he got aspects wrong.

I would have taken the day off and gone for the drive if I had any inkling he would take the stand. The defense must be extremely concerned the prosecution has made their case. If they weren't, there is absolutely no way they would put him up for the prosecution to grill for days on every little detail of his BS.

With such limited reporting, it seemed there wasn't nearly enough to convict on murder (even though I am fully convinced there was at least one murder and quite possibly two, but would be satisfied with manslaughter on the second count). He is taking the stand which tells me the defense believes the prosecution made their case. I am very happy about that. A shame there is no live stream.
Before this week I was finding it very difficult to imagine the jury finding him guilty. That all changed after being in court to watch the full interview (Monday and Tuesday) it was very damning. Chatting to others in public gallery everyone was of same view. This surely must be last ditch/ damage control.

This does make some sense to me, his rage was with Hill.

Lynn's creeping around thinking he can get in and out without being caught at Hill and Clay's campsite, overestimated his ability for stealth and underestimated Hill's bush senses. There's a confrontation with Hill and Lynn furious, loses it. Not only does Hill have drone footage of Lynn potentially doing illegal things but now he's been caught trying to steal it and/or perving on them.

Clay.

Allegedly and IMO.
Yep… maybe GL was carrying a knife to the campsite to invoke fear and felt a threat would be sufficient to encourage RH to hand over drone.

That didn’t work as expected and GL didn’t count on RH putting up a fight.

Interesting that GL was so specific about the knife going into the heart? That sounds awfully precise.

If someone were to approach another person in a threatening way, how would they be holding the knife?

And I’m also trying to envision how someone would actually fall on a knife that they were allegedly handling?

Has he been asked to re-enact the movements of the knife-scene?

For some reason I thought it was being held in the La Trobe Valley, but I see it's actually on William street in Melbourne! Meetings be damned, I'm going!

Awesome. I was going to try but I've got someone who's ill coming over to stay tomorrow and I need to be here.

He will be on until the prosecution are finished with their questions, they are going to hammer him, trying to get him to slip up.. strange move imo..

Agreed - his lawyers are worried. There’s something that isn’t in the ROI that they must need to get out of him into evidence. Unless he’s ignoring them and insisting on doing it because he still thinks he’s the smartest person in the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He will be on until the prosecution are finished with their questions, they are going to hammer him, trying to get him to slip up.. strange move imo..
Yes, I meant a few hours with defense council. I expect the prosecution to have him on for several days (I hope more because I really want to see the cross and I can't be there on Friday or Tuesday) -Public Hol Monday.

Latest podcast episode of ‘The Missing Campers’ on Spotify posted today includes some of GL’s ROI audio (recreated using voice actors and/or AI). Have to agree that his language and answers are quite damning, certainly felt a twist back in favour of the prosecution while listening.

I enjoy the podcast when it’s the reporters talking, but these voice overs are abominable. Some poor witness sounded like Pauline Hanson on a recent episode.

Struggling to get through them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back