Ryan Nyhuis tackle on Robbie Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m still uncomfortable with tackles ending in suspensions to be honest. Especially in cases like this and the NN one where they just looked like unfortunate outcomes rather than intentional acts.
I'm uncomfortable with the hands in the back rule, the flimsy reasons given to abolish the 3rd man up, the fact that the outcome is the determinant for suspension duration not intent, 90% of ruck free kicks and defenders tunnelling forwards under the ball.

At present dangerous tackles are forbidden in their eternal quest to protect the head, it was a very poor tackle in this football environment.

Yeah, cause he looked great there didn't he?
Yet he is likely to play next week?

Gray was knocked out by a Ryan Nyhuis sling tackle in Sunday's nine-point loss to Fremantle at Optus Stadium.

The 30-year-old returned to Adelaide with his Power teammates on Monday afternoon.

"At this stage, he pulled up really well," Power assistant coach Brendon Lade told reporters.

"After the game, he was eating and he was fine, he didn't have a headache at all.

"He'll be assessed on Thursday or Friday."

Still salty? I said it'll be going to the Tribunal. It did. Deal with it

Not salty at all. Sorry for Gray and hope he's good to go as soon as possible.

You on the other hand are absurd and so were your comments. Straight to the tribunal is an over-reaction to the media. Christian has form for this and the job of MRO is clearly beyond him

Just saw Hinkley's press conference. That guys is a nasty piece of work. Commenting on an incident in that manner lacks class. Nyhuis will be dealt with by the match review panel. Hinkley adding fuel to the fire like that contributes absolutely nothing and is prejudicial to the process. Very disappointing.

Lol. I'm angry at Hinkley for his shit coaching but just stating the obvious when asked the question hardly justifying the tag of a "nasty piece of work". Your hyperbole is ridiculous.

Not salty at all. Sorry for Gray and hope he's good to go as soon as possible.

You on the other hand are absurd and so were your comments. Straight to the tribunal is an over-reaction to the media. Christian has form for this and the job of MRO is clearly beyond him
Yet most disagree with you. It's going to the Tribunal as that's where this shit belongs.

Ignoring all the dumbasses in this thread who claim that Gray was staging or somehow its his fault, this felt like a Careless, high, type of ordeal. 1 - 2 matches seemed about right, anything above that way too knee jerky IMHO. It going to the tribunal I personally think is overkill.
I remember L. Thomas got the ol trial by media, including Ling calling it a 'dog act' (classy). Its shit. I bet you Nyhuis feels pretty shitty about it all and didn't intentionally concuss him. Shit tackle, whatever. Shouldn't have to be vilified as a result of it.
Unless it is a spear tackle, players shouldn't be getting the book thrown at them no matter the outcome for this. 2 weeks is fair as he has no other choice than to keep trying to bring him down considering he's a young kid vs a harden veteran. These incidents should not be on par with a deliberate elbow / old school shirtfront.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a bunch of Crows flogs?

Or the same usual trolls?

The AFL disagrees. I was right.

The AFL doesn't agree with you. You claimed it was intentional and a dog act. Your words. The AFL claims careless. Have somebody use small words and big pictures to explain how you got it wrong

The AFL doesn't agree with you. You claimed it was intentional and a dog act. Your words. The AFL claims careless. Have somebody use small words and big pictures to explain how you got it wrong
I said it was going to the Tribunal. Guess what, it did.

You all denied it.

It is a dog act, even he knew he did wrong immediately after.

:huh: What sort of impact was it then? It left him unconscious and taken off in a stretcher.
I don't think its a report because he had his arms free to brace himself. Its damn unlucky he took the hit straight to jaw and went out like a light but it wasn't intentional and Nyhuis didn't breach duty of care.

Knew it would happen straight away, Port have form as a grubby club in this regard.
Evidence????

I know Brett Burton was famous for it which is why Montgomery ensured he smacked him every game thereafter...

I'm uncomfortable with the hands in the back rule, the flimsy reasons given to abolish the 3rd man up, the fact that the outcome is the determinant for suspension duration not intent, 90% of ruck free kicks and defenders tunnelling forwards under the ball.

At present dangerous tackles are forbidden in their eternal quest to protect the head, it was a very poor tackle in this football environment.
It wasn't that bad, just the outcome. He only had one arm pinned for 80% of the tackle rather than 2 for 100% in other 1-2 week suspensions.

I'm surprised Gray didn't protect himself, was clearly too busy trying to get rid of the ball. This is the modern game, players duck, jump, dive and rotate to get out of it, umpires are very slow to pay HTB if there is a chance of the ball clearing the congestion. In the end, we have tackles lasting longer and players more at risk getting hurt.

I said it was going to the Tribunal. Guess what, it did.

You all denied it.

It is a dog act, even he knew he did wrong immediately after.

A dog act is intentionally hurting somebody, like a coach intentionally stitching up a player by saying untrue things. Learn the difference

A dog act is intentionally hurting somebody, like a coach intentionally stitching up a player by saying untrue things. Learn the difference
Nfi what you are going on about. But sure, argue with yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan Nyhuis tackle on Robbie Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

Back