Media S29 Rising Stars

Remove this Banner Ad

It's what Ant Bear would do !!!

If the league Admin would do something so corrupt and self-serving as to take away any hope that these poor Rookies have, it has to make it the right and logical choice. Love it.

Thanks for the idea.

If the league Admin would do something so corrupt and self-serving as to take away any hope that these poor Rookies have, it has to make it the right and logical choice. Love it.

Thanks for the idea.

I was going to nominate Beandip !! To make up for his unjust treatment at the hands of Barrybran last season. It would have fulfilled the criteria of not nominating GWS Goose , nor any of the deserving Gumbies rookies he mentioned a few posts back.

It would be the very definition of a win-win !!!

I was going to nominate Beandip !! To make up for his unjust treatment at the hands of Barrybran last season. It would have fulfilled the criteria of not nominating GWS Goose , nor any of the deserving Gumbies rookies he mentioned a few posts back.

It would be the very definition of a win-win !!!
Now I know why I've never seen you on a Rising Star committee

Okay, whilst you plebs have been busy bickering - I've collated some SERIAL STATS to see who the contenders are for the unannounced Round 10 and Round 12 Rookie Nominations. Quantitative data seems to be the theme of this season for the noms, so put your mind at ease with this:

1587352236472.png
The only two rooks with a chance in Round 10 are tgrs and Lemon Boi. GWS Goose may have the match thread posts on the board here, but 18 disposals + not much else isn't enough. My money is on Lemon Boi having this nomination, since he has been inactive lately, which could explain the lack of an announcement whilst Riviat waits for a response.

1587352253521.png
All you rookies are terrible at qooty, and none of you deserve a nomination this round. Bastyy with 3 goals is okay, but I'd give it to Chipmunk for 12 disposals, 2 goals and 37 match thread posts.

Okay, whilst you plebs have been busy bickering - I've collated some SERIAL STATS to see who the contenders are for the unannounced Round 10 and Round 12 Rookie Nominations. Quantitative data seems to be the theme of this season for the noms, so put your mind at ease with this:

View attachment 861390
The only two rooks with a chance in Round 10 are tgrs and Lemon Boi. GWS Goose may have the match thread posts on the board here, but 18 disposals + not much else isn't enough. My money is on Lemon Boi having this nomination, since he has been inactive lately, which could explain the lack of an announcement whilst Riviat waits for a response.

View attachment 861391
All you rookies are terrible at qooty, and none of you deserve a nomination this round. Bastyy with 3 goals is okay, but I'd give it to Chipmunk for 12 disposals, 2 goals and 37 match thread posts.
Looks like we know who's doing the nerd work for next season's rising star thread then.

View attachment 861390

View attachment 861391

Yep. Chipmunk definitely in Round 12.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you would say that.

Another miss from you.

giphy.gif

If you can't be bothered to post in your game thread, even to say hello, you shouldn't be considered. There is no way to actually participate in the game itself for it is a computer simulation. Gotta at least show a little interest in what's going on. :rolleyes:

If you can't be bothered to post in your game thread, even to say hello, you shouldn't be considered. There is no way to actually participate in the game itself for it is a computer simulation. Gotta at least show a little interest in what's going on. :rolleyes:

Imagine if awards like the Premiership were voted on by a panel of members taken from all the teams that didn't make it. It'd be a meritocracy then ;)

You and your Dragons would be short a flag however :thumbsu:

Round 12
Round 12.gif

With only 5 rounds to go, the heat is starting to build in the kitchen and the pressure is starting to show in some of these rookies. Errors are being made and game skill levels are starting to drop. 12 strenuous games is a long time in anyone's language as even some of the vets are feeling it too. The crowds are non-existent so playing in front of an empty stadium week-in, week-out can sometimes feel like you have no support.

Previous nominees Cesoir and serial_thrilla were the standouts for the rookies this week with both putting on a clinic against their respective opponents. Outside of these two, there was a mixed bag amongst the rest. There were a few nominees close this week from the Gumbies including TalkingFootyNow1223, bone2468 and BlueE but they were pipped at the post by another. If they can repeat their performances, we may just see them all get close again next week.

Enough about the runners-up again, this nominee is small in stature but big when it matters both on and off the field of battle. He only had a modest day out against the opposition but he did kick 2 goals and had 3 tackles in a losing campaign against the Wazzas. He also contributed 37 posts in the match thread which is nothing to sneeze at either.

They say it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. This week's nominee is none other than the smallest player in the Sweet F.A, the East-side Hawk's Chipmunk.

I sat down with ultra proud captain Agent93, and the overly excitable Chipmunk for a chat.

Agent93

1. Howdy A93. Your mid-season super signing Chipmunk is now a Rising Star nominee. How proud are you?

Howdy pardner. I'm puffed up like a breakfast cereal. The 'munk has been a fantastic addition to the league.

2. How did the Chipmunk come to find his way to the team and how do you think he's fitting in at the Hawks, and in the Sweet F.A overall?

I think a few folks out there know the story: a day or so after CazC30 was sensationally banned from the SFA board this guy rocks up not only claiming to have been invited by Caz, but also apparently coming from the same part of the world. Given Caz's reputation around these parts it obviously scared a number of potential suitors away.

I think in the end Chipmunk's choice came down to us or the Demons, and both 'tang and I had consulted all of the board moderators we could and decided to take a punt on the bloke. In the end the Demons are stacked full of posters, and the Hawks have a little space for a newbie to grow into the league so we were the better option.

As for fitting into the league, Chipmunk's doing great. Jumped straight into a werewolf game which did nothing to diminish the rumours he was a Caz-alt, and it always interacting with the SFA denizens in match threads and on the main board. At this stage, he's probably been our best pickup this season.

3. What position do you currently have him playing and will we see a move in the future?

We had him running off the half-back flank mostly, but switched him to half-forward in Rd 12. He'll be around there for the moment, and probably push for a midfield role in S30

4. What S29 Rooks have also grabbed your attention this season?

Everyone's saying it but rightly so: Bonga deserves his favouritism for this season's EKA, but I wouldn't discount the second talking Dragon serial_thrilla from featuring heavily. S29 is a solid crop; nearly every squad has a rookie who has taken well to the league and should be around for seasons to come.

Chipmunk

Yawn…Goose’s marsh is over there. Wait, you’re here for me? Pass the nuts.

1. Welcome Chipmunk and congratulations on achieving a Rising Star nomination in half a season. How did you first hear of the SweetFA?

Really, me? Thank you! I only joined BigFooty a couple of months ago to step up my Supercoach game and ABE and Caz introduced me. Then I got on a boat from London to Sweetville. However they stopped the boat because they thought I was Caz, so I had to smuggle in some guy’s Speedos. They should have called it chippie smugglers.

2. Are you enjoying your time so far? How are you finding the Hawks?

Honestly, it’s been a blast. Agent93 and por_please_ya have been brilliant in helping me settle in and the Hawks have quality and varied posters across the board. All hits, no misses. I’ve also got involved in a couple of the other things around the Board, like being GWS coach in the e-AFL with Callums_Guns.

3. What are your aspirations and goals within the league?

More nuts.

4. How do you prepare for a Qooty match?

I generally get up around 5 minutes before the game, sneak out of the door of my Qinder date (“I like my tail shaken, not stirred”), wash it to make it extra bushy and I’m good to go.

5. It's 12 games into the season and you've only been here for jut over half of that, have any teams or posters caught your eye so far? Have you made (m)any enemies/rivals?

Of course the Hawks have the best threads, but I’ve recently burrowed my way into some Bears and Demons threads. Special mention to Blaze Storm ’s K-pop picks. Out of the rookies, I think serial_thrilla is setting the bar. I don’t think I’ve had enough time for an enemy but am preparing for Chipette to join in my 2nd season.

6. Only passing comments have been said about RookieChat. How do you think it has helped your time in the SweetFA having a chat that only current season Rookies are a member of?

I didn’t know about RookieChat until last week, so zero. Flying solo has helped me get to know people though.

7. and finally, how do you rate your chances of winning the Rising Star come season's end?

In my previous life I was in a chart-topping band, and my brothers and I wrote a song just outside the top 100 selling singles of all time. I don’t expect to win, but I’ve written a song for the ceremony so I’ll be on stage anyway:

Round 12_Award.gif

Last edited:
View attachment 861919

With only 5 rounds to go, the heat is starting to build in the kitchen and the pressure is starting to show in some of these rookies. Errors are being made and game skill levels are starting to drop. 12 strenuous games is a long time in anyone's language as even some of the vets are feeling it too. The crowds are non-existent so playing in front of an empty stadium week-in, week-out can sometimes feel like you have no support.

Previous nominees Cesoir and serial_thrilla were the standouts for the rookies this week with both putting on a clinic against their respective opponents. Outside of these two, there was a mixed bag amongst the rest. There were a few nominees close this week from the Gumbies including TalkingFootyNow1223, bone2468 and BlueE but they were pipped at the post by another. If they can repeat their performances, we may just see them all get close again next week.

Enough about the runners-up again, this nominee is small in stature but big when it matters both on and off the field of battle. He only had a modest day out against the opposition but he did kick 2 goals and had 3 tackles in a losing campaign against the Wazzas. He also contributed 37 posts in the match thread which is nothing to sneeze at either.

They say it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. This week's nominee is none other than the smallest player in the Sweet F.A, the East-side Hawk's Chipmunk.

I sat down with ultra proud captain Agent93, and the overly excitable Chipmunk for a chat.

Agent93

1. Howdy A93. Your mid-season super signing Chipmunk is now a Rising Star nominee. How proud are you?

Howdy pardner. I'm puffed up like a breakfast cereal. The 'munk has been a fantastic addition to the league.

2. How did the Chipmunk come to find his way to the team and how do you think he's fitting in at the Hawks, and in the Sweet F.A overall?

I think a few folks out there know the story: a day or so after CazC30 was sensationally banned from the SFA board this guy rocks up not only claiming to have been invited by Caz, but also apparently coming from the same part of the world. Given Caz's reputation around these parts it obviously scared a number of potential suitors away.

I think in the end Chipmunk's choice came down to us or the Demons, and both 'tang and I had consulted all of the board moderators we could and decided to take a punt on the bloke. In the end the Demons are stacked full of posters, and the Hawks have a little space for a newbie to grow into the league so we were the better option.

As for fitting into the league, Chipmunk's doing great. Jumped straight into a werewolf game which did nothing to diminish the rumours he was a Caz-alt, and it always interacting with the SFA denizens in match threads and on the main board. At this stage, he's probably been our best pickup this season.

3. What position do you currently have him playing and will we see a move in the future?

We had him running off the half-back flank mostly, but switched him to half-forward in Rd 12. He'll be around there for the moment, and probably push for a midfield role in S30

4. What S29 Rooks have also grabbed your attention this season?

Everyone's saying it but rightly so: Bonga deserves his favouritism for this season's EKA, but I wouldn't discount the second talking Dragon serial_thrilla from featuring heavily. S29 is a solid crop; nearly every squad has a rookie who has taken well to the league and should be around for seasons to come.

Chipmunk

Yawn…Goose’s marsh is over there. Wait, you’re here for me? Pass the nuts.

1. Welcome Chipmunk and congratulations on achieving a Rising Star nomination in half a season. How did you first hear of the SweetFA?

Really, me? Thank you! I only joined BigFooty a couple of months ago to step up my Supercoach game and ABE and Caz introduced me. Then I got on a boat from London to Sweetville. However they stopped the boat because they thought I was Caz, so I had to smuggle in some guy’s Speedos. They should have called it chippie smugglers.

2. Are you enjoying your time so far? How are you finding the Hawks?

Honestly, it’s been a blast. Agent93 and por_please_ya have been brilliant in helping me settle in and the Hawks have quality and varied posters across the board. All hits, no misses. I’ve also got involved in a couple of the other things around the Board, like being GWS coach in the e-AFL with Callums_Guns.

3. What are your aspirations and goals within the league?

More nuts.

4. How do you prepare for a Qooty match?

I generally get up around 5 minutes before the game, sneak out of the door of my Qinder date (“I like my tail shaken, not stirred”), wash it to make it extra bushy and I’m good to go.

5. It's 12 games into the season and you've only been here for jut over half of that, have any teams or posters caught your eye so far? Have you made (m)any enemies/rivals?

Of course the Hawks have the best threads, but I’ve recently burrowed my way into some Bears and Demons threads. Special mention to Blaze Storm ’s K-pop picks. Out of the rookies, I think serial_thrilla is setting the bar. I don’t think I’ve had enough time for an enemy but am preparing for Chipette to join in my 2nd season.

6. Only passing comments have been said about RookieChat. How do you think it has helped your time in the SweetFA having a chat that only current season Rookies are a member of?

I didn’t know about RookieChat until last week, so zero. Flying solo has helped me get to know people though.

7. and finally, how do you rate your chances of winning the Rising Star come season's end?

In my previous life I was in a chart-topping band, and my brothers and I wrote a song just outside the top 100 selling singles of all time. I don’t expect to win, but I’ve written a song for the ceremony so I’ll be on stage anyway:

[Official certificate incoming]

This is a debacle.

I know that the committee is taking the p1$$ now.

2 mediocre games and they give this Johnny come lately a nom.

How does the committee.sleep at night!

This is a debacle.

I know that the committee is taking the p1$$ now.

2 mediocre games and they give this Johnny come lately a nom.

How does the committee.sleep at night!

On a bed....

FA1D9B6D-6957-4CE8-8A47-B4100C0559AC.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Media S29 Rising Stars

Remove this Banner Ad

Back