Official Match Thread S30 Round 7 - West Coast Wonders vs Sin City Swamprats at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope.

Unfriended on Qwitter and everything.

Poor Ant Bear . While he rejoices in sharing initials with Alan Border, he found some humility in his ill fated stint with us. I suspect he has returned to Prattville a changed rat,

Last season without complaint (or tackle) he took to the HBF like a (shot) duck to water. Nothing if not a team player he fully understood why he was dropped for the Prelim Final.

Doubtless he has put his paw up to play and contribute to your team in unfashionable places like the Back Pocket. True?

And the global Covid death toll passes 900,000 - geez 2020 sucks!!!!!
I'm kinda pissed at the way India is dealing with the situation. They've opened everything up, as the disparity between the rich and the poor is so great, which means that the Covid numbers have sky rockets. China killed a few soldiers on the border earlier in the year, but they've taken out so many civilians through Covid.

The only episode I really liked of that first season was the last one, first episode was easily ballsy and hasn't aged very well obviously. Episode 2 had it's moments but apart from that season was just exposition
YOU WILL CALL HER

I'm kinda pissed at the way India is dealing with the situation. They've opened everything up, as the disparity between the rich and the poor is so great, which means that the Covid numbers have sky rockets. China killed a few soldiers on the border earlier in the year, but they've taken out so many civilians through Covid.
Another 90,000 cases in India overnight - they're in a bit of strife!!!

Will the IPL go ahead?
The IPL is being held in the UAE, scheduled to begin next week.
There has already been Covid cases connected to one of the teams, including two players. And Suresh Raina and Harbhajan have both left the IPL to return home out of safety fears.

Nope.

Unfriended on Qwitter and everything.
Guess you'll have to join the team he despises the most in the West Coast Wonders then for next season hey...

Have overtaken Brazil with the number of cases, and about to overtake Brazil in deaths.
It feels like India have just given up.
We are doing fine, by the way. It’s not Australia fine (Victoria notwithstanding), but we are not Australia fine on anything.

Having said that, I cannot give an opinion on India.

We are doing fine, by the way. It’s not Australia fine (Victoria notwithstanding), but we are not Australia fine on anything.

Having said that, I cannot give an opinion on India.
How are you finding it in Brazil?
Has the atmosphere changed?

How are you finding it in Brazil?
Has the atmosphere changed?
The issue in Brazil is that our healthcare system ALWAYS crashes. The coronavirus came on top of that. Still, our system has been able to hold its own, due the measures to increase the capacity of hospital beds, public lockdowns, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue in Brazil is that our healthcare system ALWAYS crashes. The coronavirus came on top of that. Still, our system has been able to hold its own, due the measures to increase the capacity of hospital beds, public lockdowns, etc.
At least you are prepared for it. And are able to cope with the situation.
From the graphs that i have seen of Brazil, I can see that the numbers are starting to go down, but they are still very high.

At least you are prepared for it. And are able to cope with the situation.
From the graphs that i have seen of Brazil, I can see that the numbers are starting to go down, but they are still very high.
High, yes, but not unexpected high. It's quite the contrary, actually. The economic effects have been severe, and we are beginning to question the trade-off.

Have overtaken Brazil with the number of cases, and about to overtake Brazil in deaths.
It feels like India have just given up.

Meanwhile Pakistan are reporting barely any new cases/deaths. Wouldn't surprise me if they are being used as the test bed for vaccines/treatments given the closeness of their relationship with China.

High, yes, but not unexpected high. It's quite the contrary, actually. The economic effects have been severe, and we are beginning to question the trade-off.
It's the same here in Australia, the government is now more focused on the economy after we've official gone into a recession.
I think the recession was inevitable, but every country will face some kind of recession out of this. I would personally prefer health to be taken as priority over the economy.

Meanwhile Pakistan are reporting barely any new cases/deaths. Wouldn't surprise me if they are being used as the test bed for vaccines/treatments given the closeness of their relationship with China.
The closeness in the Pakistan-China relationship is purely based on the hatred of India and the dispute land of Kashmir. So I wouldn't be surprised if they were to concoct something to try and belittle India. Though, Bangladesh (an ally in in this political situation) have had very small number in comparison to India.

I would personally prefer health to be taken as priority over the economy.
That is fine. Different people have different opinions. It's a matter of perspective and experience. Moreover, distinct contexts also influence opinions. That's how any conversation on any subject begins. The challenge is to help each other broadening our perspectives and learning from one another.

Each community must do this evaluation that you have done above, while considering their own circumstances. It should be expected different decisions and distinct results. Besides, the outcomes must be measured under proper lights. The same stick cannot be used for every case.

So, when looking at the Brazilian numbers, we must be aware of from where Brazil has come. We are a developing country. We were already in recession. Our health care system has always been insufficient. Having that in mind, perhaps we should have approached the issue in another way, which could have avoided some of the social consequences we are experiencing now - consequences whose effects will linger on for quite awhile. The poor are the ones suffering the most.

Choosing between health and economy is a false dichotomy. One doesn't need to necessarily pick one over the other. A bad economy has impact on health, for instance. Also, there are measures in-between those. Now, we are wondering whether we should have taken such a path.

That is fine. Different people have different opinions. It's a matter of perspective and experience. Moreover, distinct contexts also influence opinions. That's how any conversation on any subject begins. The challenge is to help each other broadening our perspectives and learning from one another.

Each community must do this evaluation that you have done above, while considering their own circumstances. It should be expected different decisions and distinct results. Besides, the outcomes must be measured under proper lights. The same stick cannot be used for every case.

So, when looking at the Brazilian numbers, we must be aware of from where Brazil has come. We are a developing country. We were already in recession. Our health care system has always been insufficient. Having that in mind, perhaps we should have approached the issue in another way, which could have avoided some of the social consequences we are experiencing now - consequences whose effects will linger on for quite awhile. The poor are the ones suffering the most.

Choosing between health and economy is a false dichotomy. One doesn't need to necessarily pick one over the other. A bad economy has impact on health, for instance. Also, there are measures in-between those. Now, we are wondering whether we should have taken such a path.
I agree with this, especially the last paragraph. People are now at the point where their business, jobs and income is at risk and therefore become intolerant with the government for partly closing down the economy.

At the start, the government did their best too keep the balance between and economy, attempting to close down any non-essential businesses. Which effected small business owners and gave the TV program A Current Affair more material for their show.

Now that we are months into this pandemic, people have become restless and need to do something to stop their insanity. But, by reopening the economy and allowing small business to resume, it will mean a third wave for Victorian as the virus will start to spread again. This is evident in India, where Modi reopened the economy, and the numbers have spiked again. This was after the initial 6+ weeks of lockdown that crippled the small business market.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Match Thread S30 Round 7 - West Coast Wonders vs Sin City Swamprats at The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back