Official Team Thread S32 – Alberton Qootball Club, the Sin City Swamprats [B&F Winner: philreich]

Remove this Banner Ad

The Captain's Word (R11) [IV]
The Captain's Word (R11) [V]
3 wins in our last 4 games, so building nicely.
I am going to blame you for making me check: sixth. I didn’t pay attention to the other important bits that suddenly leap to mind and won’t check again.

The Captain's Word (R11) [VI]
I am going to blame you for making me check: sixth. I didn’t pay attention to the other important bits that suddenly leap to mind and won’t check again.
That position will improve this week when we despatch the Roys.

The Captain's Word (R11) [VIII]
Rats Stats (after R11)
Time for #ratstats once again...

Rats_s32_stats.PNG

After getting off to a poor start and trailing by 31 points at quarter time, the Rats completed a stunning comeback, going on to win by 28 points.

RPCB and Catsnlakers were busy in front of goals, with four majors each, while mike ross and sataris were busy in the middle (and in the bar afterwards).

Rats_s32_posts.PNG

R10 Rookie Gun - Ticky009
Congrats to Ticky009, who was the winner of the round 10 Rookie Gun nomination. GremioPower kept the McQonalds voucher for himself though.

View attachment 1257621
Round 10 - Ticky009
Sin City Swamprats - Back Pocket
65 DT (156 ADT) - 15 Disposals - 2 Marks - 3 Goals

Swamprats again? Sin City really is the place to be if you're a rookie this season. Alright let's go.

[Begin Narration]
View attachment 1257623
I arrived back in Sin City seeking a mod by the name of Ticky009. I drove around for hours until I found a bar called "The Underground" and decided to have a look around. I came across a man by the name of philreich who looked to be about 5 drinks over the legal limit. He offered to give information if I could beat him in a drinking game. I accepted thinking there is no way this guy could down another drink. Boy was I wrong.
View attachment 1257624
I held my head in defeat and looked for the exit, but phil sat me down and offered the information anyway. Called me a 'good egg', whatever that means.​

Hello again Swamprats captain philreich. Ticky009 has been steadily building into the season and has finally been awarded for their on-field performance. Kicking 3 goals from the back pocket is impressive. Do you see a possible position change for Ticky009 now that they have shown their great goal kicking ability?

It's difficult to say, as our form has been up and down like a bride's nightie for most of the season - since round 2, we've gone LWLWLWLW, so our form is about as reliable as the Wonders, come finals time. But we'll see what the next couple of weeks bring.

What are your expectations of Ticky009 for the future? Any more awards you think might be coming their way?

I'm very hopeful that Ticky009 will be a Swamprats stalwart for many seasons to come (for any Bombers reading this, whose English isn't great, that means I hope she stays). If she keeps kicking 3 goals every week from the back pocket, I have no doubt that higher honours await her - maybe even a Deestroy Medal in a grand final.

That makes 3 Swamprats rookies to win a nomination for the gun this season. The highest number from any team this season. What are you feeding these rooks?

They clearly enjoy my jokes - they're required to, or they'll be dropped the next week :).

With only 6 rounds left in the season, do you think your other rookies will be able to get a nomination?

3 in 10 rounds - only a fool would bet against the rest of them.

I bought phil another round and pleaded that Ticky might be in danger. He said she was resting in a local hotel nearby. I thanked him and made my way swiftly to Ticky's location, hoping it wasn't too late. I ran upstairs and busted down a door to find Ticky009 all by herself, unharmed.
View attachment 1257625
I explained that people may be out to get her now that she's won a rookie gun nomination, but she just shrugged and said people have always been after her as she's a mod after all. After I calmed down we had a chat about the latest rookie GunNomTM.

Ticky009
View attachment 1257627
Hello Ticky009. How does it feel to be named the best on-field rookie performer for round 10?

I'm super pleased all my hard work has payed off. A new team and getting to know my team mates, it took a while to settle, probably longer than I liked. But the guys and gals around me just let me do my thing and gave me the confidence to play my own game off the back line and now we've got reward for effort. Couldn't have done it without them.

How did you find out about the SFA? And what led you to join the Swamprats?

I've had a few invitations before but the time was never right and needed to find one I felt suited me. The Rats approached at the right time and had the right team, so I said yes!

Are you enjoying your time in the SFA? Hopefully Phil's dad jokes aren't taking a toll on you?

I'm enjoying the way it allows fans from other teams to work together for a change. All too often I see posters get too tribal on BF and SFA offers another way to work together.

How do you prepare for a qooty match?

Coffee and bbq chips really work in getting my mind and body in the right frame for a hard game of qooty.

Who do you think will win the Rookie Gun this season? Think you're a chance?

I think I'm a strong chance. I'll let the other rookie's do their thing. Just need to concentrate on my own game and the rest will take care of itself.

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me and good luck for the rest of the season.

Who will win the GunNomTM for round 11? Find out next week.

The Captain's Word (R12)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rats Stats (after R12)
#ratstats

Our hopes of a three match winning streak were quickly dashed as the resurgent Roys proceeded to give us a hiding that we hadn't copped since the liquor licencing people popped in for a surprise inspection.

Rats_s32_stats.PNG

On a brighter note, legendary former skipper Near Kern returned to the club, and ant555 took his first mark for the season.

Rats_s32_posts.PNG

Note the slight correction to the post count sheet. Turned out my adding up was shoddy.

The Captain's Word (R13) - "Legendary-Former-Skipper Round"
#ratstats

Our hopes of a three match winning streak were quickly dashed as the resurgent Roys proceeded to give us a hiding that we hadn't copped since the liquor licencing people popped in for a surprise inspection.

View attachment 1265335

On a brighter note, legendary former skipper Near Kern returned to the club, and ant555 took his first mark for the season.

View attachment 1265340

Note the slight correction to the post count sheet. Turned out my adding up was shoddy.
Legendary Former Skipper is going on my profile. If I can figure that shit out.

Rats Stats (after R13)
Time for some mid-late week #ratstats

A nailbiting contest saw the Rats just edge out the top of the ladder Demons in front of a sellout home crowd.

Rats_s32_stats.PNG

GremioPower had a big day in the ruck, and Catsnlakers booted 4.1, while the Rats rookies continued to impress.

Rats_s32_posts.PNG

Milestones: R14 – GotTheGoodes (150)
Another Rats legend reaches a milestone this week.

gotthegoodes_s27.png
GotTheGoodes seen here with sataris following the season 27 premiership.

gotthegoodes_s29.png
The two seen here following their second Rats premership.

Dual premiership winning midfielder GotTheGoodes clocks up his 150th Sweet FA game for the mighty Swamprats against the Warriors this weekend. In addition to the two premiership medals, this one time #ratoftheweek nominee also has an All-SFA jumper and a Toots medal.

Sin City skipper philreich had this to say ahead of the milestone:

“GotTheGoodes is one of the few to have remained at Sin City throughout my time at the club (I joined the Rats in season 24), and is a passionate member of the team. At times his posting has been as spasmodic as an SFA admin's credibility, but we love him all the same.

A sincere congratulations mate for reaching the 150 game milestone, and here's to many more.”

He has been a little quieter of late, but he probably needs a break after having to deal with some low quality Adelaide Crows posters trolling the Sydney board during AFL trade week (wasn’t me I swear). Ditto Ticky009.

Congratulations on the milestone mate, and hopefully we deliver a ten goal win against the Warriors to celebrate the occasion.

Rats Stats (after R14)
Time for #ratstats...

We started partying against the Hawks Hufflepuffs Phoenix too early, resulting in us snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Rats_s32_stats.PNG

GremioPower had a solid showing in the ruck, while darthmann was the best of our rookies. The Sweet FA Integrity Department are currently conducting an investigation into why he hasn't received formal recognition yet for an outstanding debut season.

Rats_s32_posts.PNG

As previously mentioned, congrats to GotTheGoodes who plays game 150 this week.

The Captain's Word (R15)

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread S32 – Alberton Qootball Club, the Sin City Swamprats [B&F Winner: philreich]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back