Admin Notice S34 Rules & Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope.

They are simply arguing they are not responsible for the car being unroadworthy, uninsured and unregistered ... as it is stolen. They have already plead guilty to theft.
Did you read?

I looked for a precedent. Couldn't find one but did get a little laugh at this one.

The Gumbies elected to appeal the charge of incorrect team sheet. This appeal has been heard and voted upon in Committee.

By a vote of 8-1, the Committee has chosen to UPHOLD the charge. Barrybran now carries a suspended ban of 1 game forward to the end of S30. Any further breaches will result in this suspension being activated.

The Gumbies FFC are charged with a High Impact violation of Rule 5A

No team sheet has been submitted in the official thread. It is now nearly 10am on Friday morning.

The prescribed penalty for a High Impact offence is a deduction of 2 premiership points, and a one match ban for captain Barrybran.

Additionally, this violation will activate a suspended sentence of a further one match ban for Barrybran.

This is a clear violation of Rule 5A, but the club does have the right to appeal, by the methods outlined in Rule 6E. The deadline for apoeal will be 8pm tonight. If no appeal is received, the penalties will be applied immediately

See my signature for further details.

The Gumbies have not lodged an appeal. The Penalties stand.

Ljp86 please deduct 2 premiership points from the Gumbies

Barrybran is suspended for rounds 10 and 11.

Tough, sad, but fair...

Did you read?
Yes, hence my post.

They would be responsible for any speeding charge as they are in control of the vehicle.

The stolen car being unregistered etc. is the fault of the car owner, not the thief.

Blaming the thief for the inaction of the owner of the stolen car is illogical and the incorrect application of the law.

APPEAL

It’s said that we've made 3 errors already:

1) 4D - Incorrect Player Signing: we put Kindersmock on the list before he made a post on the board;

2) 4B - Incorrect squad changes: we didn’t list Power Raid in the squad nor as an out;

3) 5B - we've named someone (Power Raid) not on our list on our team sheet.

Just to be clear, we aren’t be appealing the 2 clear faults - the signing and the squad issue. The 3rd, however, was not a fault. That’s what we are appealing.

The team was named as it should. Only reason it was an issue was due to the squad submission error (which we were not notified about or penalised for prior to naming a team). One cannot be penalised twice for the same issue.

We should have been notified prior to naming the team, so we could fix the squad list to include Power Raid on it in time. However, it didn’t happen
But they are separate issues.

You could have breached 4B and not played Power Raid, then you'd be fine and sitting on the 2 strikes and 0 points, heck, you'd be off the bottom of the ladder! That would be a nice feeling I'm sure.

But instead, AFTER the Squad Submission Deadline, you went and played a player who was not listed on your Squad List at the time of deadline.
That's your third strike and it probably should have been a 4 point penalty but alas, here we are.

Don't confuse KP's leniency to let you add Power Raid directly onto your Squad Submission directly with the fact that this third breach can then be waived.

Also, **** you and stop making a mockery of this esteemed league.

And yes, I'm procrastinating so ****ing hard right now...

But they are separate issues.

You could have breached 4B and not played Power Raid, then you'd be fine and sitting on the 2 strikes and 0 points, heck, you'd be off the bottom of the ladder! That would be a nice feeling I'm sure.

But instead, AFTER the Squad Submission Deadline, you went and played a player who was not listed on your Squad List at the time of deadline.
That's your third strike and it probably should have been a 4 point penalty but alas, here we are.

Don't confuse KP's leniency to let you add Power Raid directly onto your Squad Submission directly with the fact that this third breach can then be waived.

Also, * you and stop making a mockery of this esteemed league.

And yes, I'm procrastinating so ******* hard right now...
Go back to page 4 and read through it, it has already been shown that there was no rule breach for 4D so one strike gone. There are then 2 strikes left for effectively the same breach. Given the player was never removed from the squad, it was never announced he had retired or left, then it is a simple oversight to leave him off the list. One strike.

To then punish a team further when the original "breach" was never identified is double dipping and should be eschewed by anyone of decent manners and intelligence.

The team was named as it should. Only reason it was an issue was due to the squad submission error (which we were not notified about or penalised for prior to naming a team). One cannot be penalised twice for the same issue.

The above section of the Swamprats appeal does not hold up. The primary tenet of the law and organisation rules is that “Ignorance Is No Defence”

As per the letter of the law, there are three breaches. I think they appealing the wrong one though. They should appeal 4D as the intent is for players to indicate that they want to join a team prior to squad submission deadline. The rookie did this by joining the team PM and posting.

As per the letter of the law, there are three breaches. I think they appealing the wrong one though. They should appeal 4D as the intent is for players to indicate that they want to join a team prior to squad submission deadline. The rookie did this by joining the team PM and posting.
Shhhh don't give them ideas.

That wasn't good enough for the Wonders almost-Rookie ... KP thought it was funny when that happened

I still want to know what the acceptable window for appeals is. As far as I’m concerned once the admin tells Ljp to edit the ladder and it is posted that ladder is locked in place. It is an admin directive.

Back when you could appeal sim errors clubs had 24hrs. Commonsense says this should be the recognised appeal window otherwise we could have teams wasting time with appeals weeks after an incident. They had six days with the incorrect squad sheet and three days to appeal, how much time is needed? And any argument “we didn’t know, we weren’t told or penalised earlier” doesn’t hold up, how is anyone else supposed to know Power Raid was supposed to be there.

Of course, the real argument and appeal is that the original squad submission wasn’t incorrect but of course PR was just relisted as they didn’t want him in the team sign up thread so that blew that one, admitting he was always supposed to be there.

“New players”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“New players”
The first breach under 4D was the rookie according to our LG PM.

1) 4D - Incorrect Player Signing: we put Kindersmock on the list before he made a post on the board;

The first breach under 4D was the rookie according to our LG PM.

Sorry, yeah, I made that error in another area too. Carry on.

I still want to know what the acceptable window for appeals is. As far as I’m concerned once the admin tells Ljp to edit the ladder and it is posted that ladder is locked in place. It is an admin directive.
Totally agree.

Imagine asking to get LJP to go back and reverse it all again. Wasting his time and ****ing him around no end.

No appeal should be allowed.

Totally agree.

Imagine asking to get LJP to go back and reverse it all again. Wasting his time and ******* him around no end.

No appeal should be allowed.

Can't wait to hang out with you this week x

QxCClIj.png

Kennedy Parker #KPRUINS

In my mind, this has been a smashing opening round. Imagine how much fun this season is gonna be if we continue in this trajectory. 🥳
It’s been a super opening round, even Frankie posted in your thread, but stop deflecting, pal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Admin Notice S34 Rules & Tribunal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back