Media BI Productions Presents: S37 List Assessment & Posting Stats + S34-36 catch-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 37 - Roys FFC New
big icky productions logo small.png
save.png

The Roys put together a reasonably strong posting season following the retirement of former captain TedDougChris, led by McInnes Prize winner Mobbs who averaged 139.1 posts per week, the second highest in the league. Their top five also included TheGoatBaron (45.0), Phar Ace (35.4), tigs2010 (30.6) - who started the season very strongly but fell away - and Ed_Gein (24.4), with three more posters averaging at least 10 posts per week. They had a full teamsheet worth of players on 2 occasions and their 24 total participants for the season is equal-second best in the comp.

save.png

The Roys had three players retire over the off-season and Zevon left for the Royals but they managed to replace their losses through rookies and returning players, all of whom posted but especially the case with TheGoatBaron who was their second most active player.

roy.png

The Roys were easily the least even team in terms of distribution, with Mobbs contributing a whopping 37.6% of all volume. Including TheGoatBaron gets you all the way to 50% already but their 9.5% from outside the top 10 is comparatively good.

1717214296491.png

They managed to arrest and reverse a period of decline in volume, nearly doubling their output from Season 36.

1717214437395.png

The Roys also had a massive improvement in posters per match thread, 4.5 more participants on average and very nearly back to their Season 34 best.

1717214562663.png

They also had a hefty jump up when we tweak the graph to only include posters with at least 5 posts for the week.

Your post just proved my narrative, you have to get enough proven posting history to get a start in the SFA, Turbo did that and the Old Boys got voted in.

Wasn’t your narrative that the Vampires & Serpents intended to poach players from other clubs like the OOB’s have done for much of their existence?

Wasn’t your narrative that the Vampires & Serpents intended to poach players from other clubs like the OOB’s have done for much of their existence?
Nope, you saw my avatar spat your coffee out without understanding anything at all, those two sides were before my time so i have no idea about them. My narrative was that an expansion clubs need to get as many players from other clubs as possible.

My narrative was that an expansion clubs need to get as many players from other clubs as possible.
Yes. This is exactly why expansion is wonderful for the league. 👀

Yes. This is exactly why expansion is wonderful for the league. 👀
Everyone had a vote and every club tries to poach players every season, some do it better than others.

Season 37 - Sin City Swamprats New
save.png

The Swamprats had a quiet Season 37, ranking 11th for total volume and failing to bring more than 13 posters to a match thread on any occasion. Their top 5 posters included philreich (55.6ppw) and damicky (55.4) - separated by just three posts - as well as captain jackster83 (36.9), the inconsistent Ant Bear (33.4) and BloodySwan (26.3).

save.png

With two retirements and the return of Harvey Manfrenjensenden to the Old Boys to counter, Sin City picked up the rookie My Cotchin Rules who dipped their toe in and Wonders wantaway damicky who managed to cover the losses on his own and finish as the second most active poster at the club.

scs.png

damicky, philreich, jackster83 and Ant Bear cover nearly 75% of the total posting volume and things drop away extremely quickly past okeydoke7. Just 2.5% of their posts came from outside the top 10 which is about a quarter of the average club in Season 37.

1717228109013.png

It's been a slight decline from the Swamprats over the past three seasons but considering the overall activity level is doing the same around the league they've done fairly well to remain at a consistent level.

1717228262838.png

Might be a bit more cause for concern when it comes to their participation numbers, and if they keep this same trend going then they could become the quietest team in the league.

1717228386044.png

Also a worry sign seeing them lose 1.3 'active' posters per week which is their most significant drop of the last four seasons.

big_icky sorry if you've already presented this stat, but I was wondering what is the average number of posters per team per thread, over all clubs. Eg Roys have 17.4 ave posters per thread. What is that number averaged over all 13 teams?

I am always concerned that there are two few teams for the player presentation rate, hoping this never gets much above 15. From 15 onward, imo (and nobody agrees on me with this btw, I accept that), new teams are required to get the rate down below 15 again.

big_icky sorry if you've already presented this stat, but I was wondering what is the average number of posters per team per thread, over all clubs. Eg Roys have 17.4 ave posters per thread. What is that number averaged over all 13 teams?

I am always concerned that there are two few teams for the player presentation rate, hoping this never gets much above 15. From 15 onward, imo (and nobody agrees on me with this btw, I accept that), new teams are required to get the rate down below 15 again.
1717231007068.png

Here's the totals for the league. Average across the 13 teams is 15.3, so just above your sweet spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, you saw my avatar spat your coffee out without understanding anything at all, those two sides were before my time so i have no idea about them. My narrative was that an expansion clubs need to get as many players from other clubs as possible.

But expansion clubs don’t need to get as many players from other clubs as possible, they should bring people TO the league—- not just spread out existing talent across more teams.

That’s what both the Vampires & Serpents were offering.

What’s the point in adding more teams if the number of people who post each week stays the same across the league?

I think you’ll find the Roys 17.4 is above that average
Mobbs asked for the league average.

But expansion clubs don’t need to get as many players from other clubs as possible, they should bring people TO the league—- not just spread out existing talent across more teams.

That’s what both the Vampires & Serpents were offering.

What’s the point in adding more teams if the number of people who post each week stays the same across the league?
It's actually gone down.

This. Expansion should be about growth grown externally, not recycling known users.

Season 37 - West Coast Wonders New
save.png

The Wonders sought to rejuvenate their list and managed to become the second most active team in the league by volume. Bookending theit top five posters were two rookies in Pamcake1 (85.9) and BFew (43.1) while in between were captain AnUltimateRessie (68.9), Cubs2Lions (54.6) and dogs105 (43.7) with three more players averaging at least 20 posts a week. They also had great overall list participation with 22 players finding their way into a match thread across Season 37 and a strong finish with 17 in the final round.

save.png

West Coast lost six active posters in the off-season and went down the route of rookies, rookies and more rookies to replace those losses. They succeeded in this regard, with three of their five becoming integral parts of the posting unit, notably led by Season 37's most active rookie in Pamcake1.

wcw.png

Pamcake1 wasn't left to do too much of the volume, coming in at just under 20% of the club's total, but the next step for the Wonders will definitely be to get more input from those outside the top 10, their contribution for Season 37 being just 5.1%.

1717247453901.png

Despite the success on the recruiting front, the Wonders' volume did decrease in Season 37, so most of that came from within.

1717247551841.png

They've also declined a bit in total posters per week, again highlighting the need for the Wonders to now grow their activity from within.

1717247657988.png

Also a bit of a drop in 'active posters' for the Wonders in Season 37, down to just over 11 a week.

View attachment 2007900
View attachment 2007901

The Wonders sought to rejuvenate their list and managed to become the second most active team in the league by volume. Bookending theit top five posters were two rookies in Pamcake1 (85.9) and BFew (43.1) while in between were captain AnUltimateRessie (68.9), Cubs2Lions (54.6) and dogs105 (43.7) with three more players averaging at least 20 posts a week. They also had great overall list participation with 22 players finding their way into a match thread across Season 37 and a strong finish with 17 in the final round.

View attachment 2007908

West Coast lost six active posters in the off-season and went down the route of rookies, rookies and more rookies to replace those losses. They succeeded in this regard, with three of their five becoming integral parts of the posting unit, notably led by Season 37's most active rookie in Pamcake1.

View attachment 2007909

Pamcake1 wasn't left to do too much of the volume, coming in at just under 20% of the club's total, but the next step for the Wonders will definitely be to get more input from those outside the top 10, their contribution for Season 37 being just 5.1%.

View attachment 2007913

Despite the success on the recruiting front, the Wonders' volume did decrease in Season 37, so most of that came from within.

View attachment 2007914

They've also declined a bit in total posters per week, again highlighting the need for the Wonders to now grow their activity from within.

View attachment 2007915

Also a bit of a drop in 'active posters' for the Wonders in Season 37, down to just over 11 a week.
Pamcake1 #Queen

That's all of the regular programming I will be doing for this! I will probably come back in the next few weeks and add some more historical data from earlier seasons as serial_thrilla has provided those spreadsheets, and if there's anything else interesting that I spot or want to compare I will chuck it in here also.

If anyone has a specific stat or average or whatever they want to know, let me know and I can probably bring it up for you.

View attachment 2007900
View attachment 2007901

View attachment 2007908

View attachment 2007909

View attachment 2007913

View attachment 2007914

View attachment 2007915

Wonders carrying the growth of the league.

big_icky could you post the rookie posting stats for this season? For EKA consideration.

Then possibly the "posts by rookies" for the past few seasons?
This is all active rookies for the past four seasons, give me some more time and I'll put together some longer historical data and some graphs and the like.

save.png

save.png

save.png

save.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back