Media BI Productions Presents: S37 List Assessment & Posting Stats + S34-36 catch-up

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize..
Well, you could get one if you have me as your proof reader. True story: cover of a book went out with the writer having received the Nobel Peace Prize rather than the Nobel Prize in Literature. Mindslip - went through several proofreaders and none of us picked it up. A low point! :grimacing:

Okay, I'm hard at work, on page 2. 11 to go!

Working Dog Human GIF

Season 37 - Mount Buller Demons
big icky productions logo small.png
save.png

Mount Buller were the third most active team by volume and the most active by participation in the Sweet FA for Season 37. Led by second-year player Gralin (82.1ppw), their top 5 also included Wosh (66.3), sausageroll (56.1), moginie (54.6) and Headless (33.8) with skipper manangatang (19.6) heading a further five posters to average at least 10 posts per week. In total they had 24 posters appear at some point in the season, the second highest behind Baghdad, and had at least 20 posters - a full team's worth - rock up to a thread on seven occasions.

save.png

Tarkyn_24 departed in the off-season to the new project on the East Side which was a significant loss for Mount Buller but they got a decent return out of ex-Wonder Truetiger who moved across.

mbd.png

Their top three posters made up just shy of 50% of their total output but the Demons should be happy with the contribution made by those outside the top 10, a healthy 14.7% of volume.

1717137773984.png

The loss of Tarkyn_24 and Gralin 'cooling the jets' somewhat after a prolific rookie season contributed to the Demons volume more than halving from Season 36 to 37, although it did seem like the former was unsustainable.

1717137854154.png

Their participation numbers also dropped a way after a phenomenal Season 36 in this regard but the Demons remain the best team in the league for consistently filling up their teamsheet with active players.

1717137966296.png

A bit more of a drop if we tweak the numbers to 'active posters' only, but it's still ranked amongst the best in the Sweet FA for Season 37.

View attachment 2006191
View attachment 2006189

Mount Buller were the third most active team by volume and the most active by participation in the Sweet FA for Season 37. Led by second-year player Gralin (82.1ppw), their top 5 also included Wosh (66.3), sausageroll (56.1), moginie (54.6) and Headless (33.8) with skipper manangatang (19.6) heading a further five posters to average at least 10 posts per week. In total they had 24 posters appear at some point in the season, the second highest behind Baghdad, and had at least 20 posters - a full team's worth - rock up to a thread on seven occasions.

View attachment 2006198

Tarkyn_24 departed in the off-season to the new project on the East Side which was a significant loss for Mount Buller but they got a decent return out of ex-Wonder Truetiger who moved across.

View attachment 2006203

Their top three posters made up just shy of 50% of their total output but the Demons should be happy with the contribution made by those outside the top 10, a healthy 14.7% of volume.

View attachment 2006209

The loss of Tarkyn_24 and Gralin 'cooling the jets' somewhat after a prolific rookie season contributed to the Demons volume more than halving from Season 36 to 37, although it did seem like the former was unsustainable.

View attachment 2006212

Their participation numbers also dropped a way after a phenomenal Season 36 in this regard but the Demons remain the best team in the league for consistently filling up their teamsheet with active players.

View attachment 2006215

A bit more of a drop if we tweak the numbers to 'active posters' only, but it's still ranked amongst the best in the Sweet FA for Season 37.
That's a nice end to the season, cats2rise.

Season 37 Analysis

The EltonJohnsWig/ClarkeM Administration

[.... lots of interesting stuff but takes up too much space]

Individual Comparisons

View attachment 2003439

Here's the top 20 individual posters for Season 37, with DemurePrincess absolutely miles in front with an average of 198.4 posts per week (she surpassed 200 on seven occasions and in R12 posted 511 times). Her total of 3175 comfortably eclipses the combined totals of the Furies (2323) and the Gumbies (2709), although I have been told at least 80% of the league has her on ignore so it may have flown under the radar. Behind her, Mobbs, Robertio and Pugsley were the others to average at least 100 posts per week, and having just 4 posters hit this mark is historically low, with S36 having nine players in this bracket, S35 having seven and S34 having eight.
LOL DemurePrincess takes a bit of getting used to. She is not exactly an online introvert. BUT she is often hilarious, warm hearted, honest. Loves her food, has strong opinions and passions, without being an ideologue. She takes it all fairly lightly and banters hard with the best of them. She is not a w***er, not an earnest, uptight turd, not a self righteous killjoy. She has a wealth of life experiences and keeps surprising us with all sorts of unexpected and odd information. She is genuinely unconventional - doesn't take crap from anyone - and I love her for it.

Got that out of my system, I'll keep going ... up to page 7!

take-your-dog-to-work-day-good-boy.gif

I should add that you have done an amazing amount of work, big_icky . Impressive!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season 37 - Ophidian Old Boys
big icky productions logo small.png
save.png

The Old Boys were the most active club in the league by volume in Season 37, with their total of 12,730 eclipsing the next best by over 5,000. DemurePrincess was the most prolific poster in the SFA, averaging 198.4 posts per week, with Robertio (115.2) ranked third in the league as well. Their top five was rounded out by kenneyswarriors (85.1), rookie myblueroan (61.2) and Braklet (56.2) and they also had thewizardmelon and Tigerturbulance average in excess of 50 posts a week. Like most teams, they started the season strongly but their output fell away towards the end, not helped by coming up against three of the quieter teams (Gumbies, Furies & Royals) in succession.

save.png

The Old Boys recruited a trio of high volume posters in DemurePrincess, thewizardmelon and King Tenz - one blew the lid off, one kept going at their usual pace and one fell away quite a bit from their Season 36 output. They'll be especially happy to have picked up the second most active rookie in myblueroan and not too disappointed with their outgoings.

oob.png

DP made up just under a quarter of the total posting volume in Season 37, and adding Robertio and kenneyswarriors gets you to 50%. They have some cause for concern with how quickly it falls away as just 7% of their posts came from outside their top 10, and if you've been reading all these posts, you'll know that 10% is par this season.

1717160024975.png

Their recruitment contributed heavily to a bounce-back in volume this season, not quite reaching their second-season peak but still a significant improvement on their Season 36 numbers.

1717160163627.png

It wasn't the same rebound when it came to active participants; still a rise from Season 36, but they're yet to capture the participation levels of the first two seasons.

1717160246708.png

Bit better for this one, they averaged nearly 1.5 more 'active posters' this season.

Old Boys were a legitimate expansion club voted in by it's peers, a lot of those stats are due to actual starting up, now check the failed expansion bids and see where their players were coming from. Those stats were always going to happen in the first few seasons, now we have a settled list we will just pick the best players from other clubs when required.

Tell me more about how the Vampires “failed” expansion bid was just poaching from other clubs?

A quick list analysis for you:
- Dingster (still left the Wonders at the end of S29 & went to the Roys)
Millky95 (was retired at the time)
PhenomenalV1 ( was retired at the time)
  • Chipmunk (was a Hawks Rookie)
  • Bastyy ( was a Furies rookie that barely contributed)
  • Supersuns ( had never played )
  • T2B_ (Hand never played)
  • VandoHawk (had never played)
  • @Bradesmean (had never played)
  • projectv (had never played)
  • @SenorM (had never played)

The number one criticism of the Vampires list was that it didn’t have the posting history—- don’t go changing the narrative 8 seasons later mate.

Tell me more about how the Vampires “failed” expansion bid was just poaching from other clubs?

The number one criticism of the Vampires list was that it didn’t have the posting history—- don’t go changing the narrative 8 seasons later mate.
And if you had those listed in a side, you would have a decent core

Your post just proved my narrative, you have to get enough proven posting history to get a start in the SFA, Turbo did that and the Old Boys got voted in.

Your post just proved my narrative, you have to get enough proven posting history to get a start in the SFA, Turbo did that and the Old Boys got voted in.
I think it's unkind to suggest the quality of the bid was the only factor that helped the Ophidians be approved, Robertio. The contexts were very different. For better or worse, the Serpents and Vampires would have theoretically entered the league together rather than as a standalone team, and the Ophidians benefitted IMO from the two bids prior opening expansion dialogue.

I don't think the OOB bid gets up without the Vampires and the Serpents.

I think it's unkind to suggest the quality of the bid was the only factor that helped the Ophidians be approved, Robertio. The contexts were very different. For better or worse, the Serpents and Vampires would have theoretically entered the league together rather than as a standalone team, and the Ophidians benefitted IMO from the two bids prior opening expansion dialogue.

I don't think the OOB bid gets up without the Vampires and the Serpents.
I don't know mate as i wasn't around when the other two tried, why do you think they didn't get in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Media BI Productions Presents: S37 List Assessment & Posting Stats + S34-36 catch-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back