Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get this excuse. Wouldn't you want to fire the guy who's wife humiliated you at the first chance you get?
Donna knows where Koch lives and he's worried about his pet rabbit.

I just don't get this excuse. Wouldn't you want to fire the guy who's wife humiliated you at the first chance you get?
You would if you had balls.

It's abundantly clear to me that we missed our premiership window circa 2020-2022. We needed to capitalise whilst we still had the best of Jonas and McKenzie solidifying us down back (with Aliir added in 2021), Dixon playing decent footy up forward, Gray kicking goals in between midfield stints, Boak and Wines at the top of their games and then the young talent of Rozee and Butters just starting to come through and run riot.

Right now we are a team in transition with a great midfield but a young forward line that is trying to find the right mix and a bunch of plodders down back just trying to not get totally destroyed. It no longer looks like a top 4 team on paper in the way it did a few years ago. And that my friends is why you have to win home prelims not choke them - because you want to come down the other side of the mountain with something to show for your time at the peak rather than just memories of Kane Lambert snags and Tom Liberatore centre clearances.

Last year the club and the media said Port have the missing pieces after recruiting Ratugolea, Zerk-Thatcher, Sweet and Soldo. Extending Hinkley, you'd think it'd be premiership or bust.

The pressure on Port should be immense this year, I despise the media protection this guy gets.

Hinkley is the turd that won't flush.

Last year the club and the media said Port have the missing pieces after recruiting Ratugolea, Zerk-Thatcher, Sweet and Soldo. Extending Hinkley, you'd think it'd be premiership or bust.

Yet both Chris Davies and Daddy Donuts front the media and say that being in a worse position than we were at the same point last season is actually doing well.

No matter how badly Hinkley performs there is no accountability and the club just lowers the bar. Any supporters unhappy with this are gaslight as having unrealistic expectations. :mad:

It's abundantly clear to me that we missed our premiership window circa 2020-2022.

Given that the Chasing Greatness 'strategy' was launched in 2020, it's clear that the club itself saw that as our window.

The fact we sailed through that with two losing prelims, one by a record margin at home, then failed to make the finals in 2022, but STILL managed to keep Old Man Stinkers as the man entrusted to coach our list, is absolutely bonkers.

This is not Adelaide FC sticking fat with a rookie coach and a dire list, this is a club that failed to meet the goals it set for itself, with a coach that had a decade of experience and opportunities.

He's still here.

Why? None of this makes any sense.

Yet both Chris Davies and Daddy Donuts front the media and say that being in a worse position than we were at the same point last season is actually doing well.

No matter how badly Hinkley performs there is no accountability and the club just lowers the bar. Any supporters unhappy with this are gaslight as having unrealistic expectations. :mad:
Exactly “not many would have us in this position” despite using last years performance as justification for extending Ken

It’s Pyongyang down there one day some Psychologist will do a case study on group think and how it infiltrated Port

When people write things like “give a shit” on a strategy document and mean it, it’s always a sign the wheels are coming off

Who here would actually be inspired if QANTAS put “Get em there” as one of their aspirational behaviours

Its faux tough guy shit and everybody knows it, is rolling around on the floor with laughs with Vossy “giving a shit” is creepy reach arounds with danger after losing “giving a shit” it’s not it’s obvious and so nobody thinks they have to do it

Last edited:

The pressure on Port should be immense this year, I despise the media protection this guy gets.

Hinkley is the turd that won't flush.
David King put Hinkley’s failings on the national agenda the other night with cold hard facts on AFL360, and will no doubt double-down next week if we get rinsed by GWS.

So while it took way too long to happen in terms of robust scrutiny from prominent voices in the VIC media, I’d say the jig’s just about up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley's a master manipulator. I see his press conference again began with him laughing, cracking jokes no doubt. The journo's treat him as a lovable dumb kid. They make allowances for his obvious lack of intelligence and shortcomings as a coach. He's as fake as the smile on his face.
I can't fathom Hinkley being good at anything. I'm convinced he's just a fortunate dunce that lucked into a position protected by one of the most incompetent administrations in football history and as such is perpetually treated like a Make-a-Wish kid being granted their dying wish.

Fos Williams: "Any club worth its salt will clean out its no-hopers - from the doorman, to the head trainer, to the captain. Keeping no-hopers in these positions, or any other position, is the mark of the non-successful club."

Ken Hinkley: "At 8-4, it says you are are going okay".
Sums up the ginormous drop in standards at our club.

It's abundantly clear to me that we missed our premiership window circa 2020-2022. We needed to capitalise whilst we still had the best of Jonas and McKenzie solidifying us down back (with Aliir added in 2021), Dixon playing decent footy up forward, Gray kicking goals in between midfield stints, Boak and Wines at the top of their games and then the young talent of Rozee and Butters just starting to come through and run riot.

Right now we are a team in transition with a great midfield but a young forward line that is trying to find the right mix and a bunch of plodders down back just trying to not get totally destroyed. It no longer looks like a top 4 team on paper in the way it did a few years ago. And that my friends is why you have to win home prelims not choke them - because you want to come down the other side of the mountain with something to show for your time at the peak rather than just memories of Kane Lambert snags and Tom Liberatore centre clearances.

Best list he ever had in 2023 though. I still think we've absolutely got the talent on the park.

It's a bit of an even, down year apart from Sydney where nobody seems that good.

A ruthless winner club under a great coach would bob up and win a flag with a list like ours, no worries at all.

Best list he ever had in 2023 though. I still think we've absolutely got the talent on the park.

It's a bit of an even, down year apart from Sydney where nobody seems that good.

A ruthless winner club under a great coach would bob up and win a flag with a list like ours, no worries at all.

I don't think you can win a premiership with a backline like ours. Despite the criticism I think Jonas and McKenzie were good enough to be the core of a premiership backline, especially when Aliir was added as the interceptor in 2021. What we have now is very subpar.

This is the thing. Time and again we’re told by Hinkley apologists in the media and even within our own fanbase that well, we don’t have the best list.

That we’ve never had the best list.

This despite the fact history is littered with premiership teams who have boasted some absolute spuds, some even in key roles, but have been able to hold up their end in a given season, or have bobbed up to put in an excellent shift in a Prelim, or the big day the following week.

Will Langford’s 29 touches, 10 clearances and a goal in the 2014 Prelim comes to mind.

Or say, the ragtag West Coast premiership team of 2018 that was tipped by some to give the spoon a nudge after the retirements of Mitchell/Priddis/Petrie, but managed to win it all — from 5 goals down against Collingwood at the MCG — despite the absence of Naitanui, Gaff and Sheppard.

On totality of raw talent, you really only need to be in the upper 25% or so of the league, and from there it’s down to things like health, home ground advantage, coaching, belief, and efficient/clutch performances when the lights are at their brightest, and the spotlight at its hottest.

Repeatedly, relentlessly, we massively fail at most of those.

It's not word salad, it's word nutri-bullet. How dumb is this guy? How dumb is Chris Davies for continually recommending this dunce? He literally makes zero sense.

It’s corporate marketing speak, almost sounds like a script from a satirical comedy - Utopia or Yes Minister.
You could set an assignment for your students - write a 1500 word essay on a topic of your choosing using BS statistics, talking in circles and leaves me dumber after reading it..

Hinkley's a master manipulator. I see his press conference again began with him laughing, cracking jokes no doubt. The journo's treat him as a lovable dumb kid. They make allowances for his obvious lack of intelligence and shortcomings as a coach. He's as fake as the smile on his face.

A few weeks ago I was listening to an after match broadcast with Hodge and maybe Richo or someone, and Hodge was talking about Beveridges relationship with the media and how if your nice, give them the time of day, open up etc you'll get much more positive feedback through them than if your negative and combative.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing because it was kind of just openly saying the media are not really objective, and if you play along with them you'll get it in return.

Aka Hinkley down the line to a tee! He knows very well that having a good laugh, giving them plenty of time keeps the positive stories coming and the heat off him.

Its just a huge boys club and they are not even shy in admitting it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is the thing. Time and again we’re told by Hinkley apologists in the media and even within our own fanbase that well, we don’t have the best list.

That we’ve never had the best list.

This despite the fact history is littered with premiership teams who have boasted some absolute spuds, some even in key roles, but have been able to hold up their end in a given season, or have bobbed up to put in an excellent shift in a Prelim, or the big day the following week.

Will Langford’s 29 touches, 10 clearances and a goal in the 2014 Prelim comes to mind.

Or say, the ragtag West Coast premiership team of 2018 that was tipped by some to give the spoon a nudge after the retirements of Mitchell/Priddis/Petrie, but managed to win it all — from 5 goals down against Collingwood at the MCG — despite the absence of Naitanui, Gaff and Sheppard.

On totality of raw talent, you really only need to be in the upper 25% or so of the league, and from there it’s down to things like health, home ground advantage, coaching, belief, and efficient/clutch performances when the lights are at their brightest, and the spotlight at its hottest.

Repeatedly, relentlessly, we massively fail at most of those.
I think many Port players feel like they're being made to play with their hands tied behind their backs - once the new coach takes over, I'll be excited to watch the improvement all over the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back