Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I don't know their players that well" Ken Hinkley

WTF are we paying this buffoon for?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
His last two post-match press conferences suggest he’s well and truly in the senile phase now. Davies’ efforts the other day were equally as concerning. I don’t think we’re dealing with just incompetence now, it’s even worse than that.

This multi-millionaire that we all pay, along with his disciples, has taken our stash of Ferrari parts and built himself a Trabbant. For that we are supposed to be grateful because we are now cheaper to run.

It was time to move on seven years ago.
He can't even put it in "H".

His last two post-match press conferences suggest he’s well and truly in the senile phase now. Davies’ efforts the other day were equally as concerning. I don’t think we’re dealing with just incompetence now, it’s even worse than that.
CD may have just been hypoxic. Spirometry minimum requirements for next GM of Foody.

I think in order to judge whether or not Simon Goodwin would be a good next coach you really have to look at the pros and cons.

Pros: He isn't Ken Hinkley.

Cons: He is Simon Goodwin.

On balance, I'd take it if it meant he could start in 2025.
Goodwin is just ken who jagged a COVID premiership with the AFL endorsement of a long suffering big Vic club. He's had a list that should have won a lot more in his time

Goodwin is just ken who jagged a COVID premiership with the AFL endorsement of a long suffering big Vic club. He's had a list that should have won a lot more in his time
I was listening to the Footy with Broden podcast after they got pumped by Collingwood a few weeks ago, the host (a Melbourne supporter) ranted for a solid five minutes about Goodwin, and if you replaced the word 'Goodwin' with 'Hinkley' it could've easily been one of us talking.

Basically everyone in positions of power has backed Ken despite multiple opportunities to change direction and many warnings from people that love Port Adelaide and have some football knowledge.

I am comfortable that they are welcome to say to me I didn't back the club if he succeeds. I backed the wrong greyhound and they were right . It will kill me but I would even be ok to walk away and you can replace me with one of the 100k younger members or theatre goers . Comfortable with that as a man of integrity.

When he doesn't succeed. You all need to go.
Matthew
David
Chris

You will have multiple times backed the wrong man and shat all over those you should be representing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

random GIF

I still believe the list is good enough to be regular finalists if the powers that be wake up to themselves and appoint a competent coach with a decent game plan, and just as importantly the ability to instil confidence into the players chosen to represent the club on any given day.

Amongst his many idiotic comments Kern's `finals are scary' is the greatest load of sh*t in the history of loads of sh*t, that I believe no previous Port hierarchy would have ever allowed to go unchallenged.

It would have been impossible to even imagine Fos Williams or John Cahill contemplating crap like that, let alone Bob McLean being ok with it!
A major part of a coach's job is to give players the confidence they are up to the task at hand, not give them the weakest of weak get out clauses.

As already suggested by others GWS were ordinary but probably could have still won today's game by close to 10 goals, and for so many Port players to be appearing to be doing not much more than go through the motions has to strongly suggest the coach has lost them and they don't believe in him and his game plan any more, so the decision needs to be made to get rid of the country bumpkin asap while there is still the possibility of salvaging something from yet another wasted season.

What do you think Carr would do with coaching appointments? He played at Port and Freo and coached at Port and Freo. and most of his time coaching at Freo was probably during COVID.

Its just going to be him and the same ex-Port players, and he'll likely be a worse coach than Hinkley. Like all our other appointments end up being downgrades on what came before.
If we still employ guys like Chadbro and Harlett I tend to agree

So much!

Everyone top to bottom in his circle backs him and the entire world is stunned as to why as the empire crumbles
Biden as coach and Trump as chairman is basically what we have now fml

and Cornes is RFK Jnr denying reality

"I don't know their players that well" Ken Hinkley

WTF are we paying this buffoon for?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I literally had to rewind 4 times.
Will be honest I came to see what your supporter base response to that was…

“I don’t really know their players that well”.

You don’t know a player in his 5th year in the system. What on earth are you dribbling.

I literally had to rewind 4 times.
Will be honest I came to see what your supporter base response to that was…

“I don’t really know their players that well”.

You don’t know a player in his 5th year in the system. What on earth are you dribbling.
It reveals to me that Ken has given up on everything at the club except his wage - he's mentally checked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back