Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maher and Richo on the Front Bar saying have some respect for Donuts.

This media protection racket is mind boggling.

Maher’s a boob.

Amidst all the “HoW’s ThAt FoR uNtEnAbLe?!?!?!” boys club stacks-on aimed at Tredders on socials after Ollie Florent’s broomstick putter fell short last year, Maher responded to my incredulity with something like “if you can’t enjoy that as a supporter you may as well give the game away”.

The short-sightedness and abject refusal to look at the bigger picture is nauseating.

I can't keep up with this thread.

I've never seen a thread move this fast

You might have missed out on this gem.

Healy: "Doesn't Alier Alier sum them up at the present time? Hi effort that you highlighted last night, it was not Alier Alier, it was a shocker. It's just a kid who is out of confidence. He's thinking three different things at the one time. So he poke-punched instead of taking a strong intercept mark. And watching Radagalea at full back. He's half the player he was when he started. So something needs to be addressed with the confidence of these guys. For whatever reason over the last month it has hit a brick wall. They were competitive in the first part of the year."
Cornes: "It's not about being competitive for them. It's about establishing a group that can go deep and play in prelim finals and grand finals. I don't see this group being at that level. There is evidence to back that up."

Once again, it's everyone else's fault but poor old Ken's.

This is a club that made Top 4 in three of the last four years, it has sold out its future for for short-term picks, Ken promised that this was the best list that he has coached and Kane even said last year "we are a really good shot at winning a premiership".

But, apparently, now the players are totally useless and hoping for better is futile?

Same old Kenny playbook: overpromising, under-delivering while throwing others under the bus and offering pathetic rationalisations for failure ... if Ken bothers to front up to the media at all.

Now Kane isn't even pretending that Ken should be accountable for on-field performance and player confidence.

You might have missed out on this gem.

Once again, it's everyone else's fault but poor old Ken's.

This is a club that made Top 4 in three of the last four years, it has sold out its future for for short-term picks, Ken promised that this was the best list that he has coached and Kane even said last year "we are a really good shot at winning a premiership".

But, apparently, now the players are totally useless and hoping for better is futile?

Same old Kenny playbook: overpromising, under-delivering while throwing others under the bus and offering pathetic rationalisations for failure ... if Ken bothers to front up to the media at all.

Now Kane isn't even pretending that Ken should be accountable for on-field performance and player confidence.

Ken actually invented Kevin Sheedy.

It was a 2yr extension of a current arrangement yeah?

The club doesn't honour contracts like they want you to believe. They push contracted players into requesting a trade. The club pulled the plug in the first year of Choco's new contract. They simply believe 100% that nobody but Hinkley can coach Port. It's an infatuation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club doesn't honour contracts like they want you to believe. They push contracted players into requesting a trade. The club pulled the plug in the first year of Choco's new contract. They simply believe 100% that nobody but Hinkley can coach Port. It's an infatuation.

Blind faith.

I don't doubt any of that at all to be honest, my point is, they shouldn't need to pull the plug on Ken, if Ken had any self-awareness he'd pull his own plug.
This is a guy that, having been overlooked by no less than 3 Victorian clubs, has been given 12 seasons as a senior coach at AFL level by a club that had never looked outside its own ranks before and unfortunately, he hasn't delivered.

Ken should be thanking the club and its supporters for giving him a chance when no one else would and bowing out.

It was Eddie and Collingwood who have money to the Port Magpies when we were doing it tough. For all of his perceived problems, it was McGuire who got emirates and Nike on board.

No, Eddie and Collingwood did not give money to the separated PAMFC. He was spraying his propaganda at the time, like he usually does.

How have they let it get to this?

The contempt and disdain between the club and its membership is palpable and it’s been this way for years now.

Remember how enraged everyone was about the co-captains debacle? Remember how they couldn’t give two f@&ks about your opinion on the matter? I mean what a display of arrogance, disrespect and blatant disregard for the will of the members and legends past.

And to what end? For what gain? That’s right. Absolutely zero, which suddenly seems quite fitting.

That co-captaincy debacle exposed how dumb Davies, Hinkley and Koch were to have thought that co-captains was what was standing between failure and success, and hat KT was a soft ceo.

They are gonna belt the living daylights out of the saints. This team love getting their act together for one or two weeks before the energy dies down and they stink it up again.

This is what Chris Scott meant about describing us as "an emotions based team". Such teams cannot sustain long-term success.

That co-captaincy debacle exposed how dumb Davies, Hinkley and Koch were to have thought that co-captains was what was standing between failure and success, and hat KT was a soft ceo.

I doubt whether they did it for any imagined on field gain like they were trying to sell. I think it was nothing more than a stupid compromise to satisfy duelling factions. Arrogance and ego prevailed and that’s all that really mattered.

Finally made it to the end, it’s been a wild ride.
Unfortunately, I now have the feeling that nothing will change.
I’m finding that when every go on holiday, Port plays bad & the pressure comes for Ken. But when I get home the pressure drops, I’m due home in early July but I could leave again if someone starts a go fund me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back