Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't really have skin in the game anymore, so i feel like i'm able to take the emotion out of this, sit back, and look on with a more realistic viewpoint. If i had to put money on it, i'd bet he'll be gone within the month. Hinkley has always comforted himself in the knowledge the happy clappers still had his back. Now that even they're turning on him i don't think he has the guts to stick this out. He's a coward, after all.
Especially if the Saints win on Sunday - in that scenario, Ken might not cherish the thought of rocking up to Adelaide Oval next week to face the Port fans again.

View attachment 2031225

People currently over 50 posts

Sharaz Jek is not a Port barracker.

I just cannot compete with the top level posters at this point in time. That is there for all to see. I review what I do and I am aware of what needs to get better. I still have a long way to go to get to that top top level with the best posters in this forum but is not an easy forum to be involved in, I have been around this forum a long time and not everyone can be in the position they want to be.

We all know that and acknowledge it, we see it and everyone is trying to get there. But I don't shy away from that, I have great support around me and I just need to post harder for longer.

Today's events are great. Everyone knows what Tredrea was elected for and everyone knows what his opinions are.

Caro is kidding herself, it's not his job to defend the coach, it's his job to defend the club.
Defending the coach is defending the indefensible at this point. He's universally despised by the fans - at most clubs, that actually counts for something!!!

If it was any other mob maybe, but this group is spineless. They're no doubt preparing their "where are the Hinkley haters now" comments so they're ready to go the next time we win. That's the only defender they have. Just like they're desperately holding onto the hope that if they keep signing Ken long enough, he'll fall into a grand final and they can tell us how right they were, even if it takes 50 years to do it.

Can go both ways and Koch is leaving his options open.

We lose to the Saints we'll hear something.

We win 5 in a row we will also hear something.

They are gonna belt the living daylights out of the saints. This team love getting their act together for one or two weeks before the energy dies down and they stink it up again.
they will come out full of emotion, but that only lasts 15-30 mins,if the saints can resist they we should just roll over with no plan B

Has any club official actually said anything this week even if it's to back Hinkley?

Actually would be pretty weak, lazy and not a surprise if they haven't.
im glad, cause they will only come out and say something stupid

the less we hear from koch the better, hes likely to double down and say ken is definitely the coach until end of 2025..

I just cannot compete with the top level posters at this point in time. That is there for all to see. I review what I do and I am aware of what needs to get better. I still have a long way to go to get to that top top level with the best posters in this forum but is not an easy forum to be involved in, I have been around this forum a long time and not everyone can be in the position they want to be.

We all know that and acknowledge it, we see it and everyone is trying to get there. But I don't shy away from that, I have great support around me and I just need to post harder for longer.
You need to speak more like Ken's defenders:
It's not your fault for posting too little & not putting in the effort, it's everyone else's fault for posting too much!

This thread moves pretty quick, I'm scared to see what will happen when he actually gets sacked
bubbly jeremiah tower GIF by The Orchard Films

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of whether the team wins against the saints or any other oppo in what remains of this season the only way anyone could even attempt to go into bat for hinkley to continue beyond 2024 would be if the team makes the finals, wins at least one, and doesn't get kicked off the park in any losing game, ala that wimpish effort against brisvegas.

The dye has been cast, the self proclaimed emperor koch really does have no clothes, and us long suffering supporters have to keep the hammer down until he and the other 3 incompetent campaigners that have been f****** the club backwards and sideways for years are no more than a distant memory!

As long as we remain united we have the numbers, and therefore the power to get it done!

all of the disgusting gaslighting and lying and conniving from those dogs would come from their knowledge that Port Adelaide are still better than their favorite club, despite a decade of mediocrity. an up and about PAFC with arrogant swagger has humiliated their team more times than they can remember. it comes back to the whole footy world loving to kick us while we're down, but it's even worse now, it's mutated into them all rallying around and defending the loser at the helm who we can't stand, anything to rile us up and keep us mediocre. Port finally has a loser coach like they've all been through with their clubs, they are so happy, you know the great expression misery loves company, they are all miserable dogs. we desperately need the club released from its soft, corrupt shackles to get our SOUL back.

You might have missed out on this gem.

Once again, it's everyone else's fault but poor old Ken's.

This is a club that made Top 4 in three of the last four years, it has sold out its future for for short-term picks, Ken promised that this was the best list that he has coached and Kane even said last year "we are a really good shot at winning a premiership".

But, apparently, now the players are totally useless and hoping for better is futile?

Same old Kenny playbook: overpromising, under-delivering while throwing others under the bus and offering pathetic rationalisations for failure ... if Ken bothers to front up to the media at all.

Now Kane isn't even pretending that Ken should be accountable for on-field performance and player confidence.

You know, the defence would look a fair bit better if the gameplan didn't involve pushing the entire team forward to "lock it in", only to have it come over the top with speed seconds later.

They mostly look like shit because they're absolutely under siege the entire game. Forward line is a shambles and the midfield isn't much better, but let's just admonish the defence because my brother doesn't coach that part.

Statements like this will stick with him forever
View attachment 2031330

I love you Zak, but if it was, you wouldn't need to say it because it would come through in your performances, and you wouldn't be getting whomped at home by 79 points by anyone, let alone a team sitting 13th.

Most of these players literally don't remember what a successful environment looks like, if they've ever been part of one.

Has any club official actually said anything this week even if it's to back Hinkley?

Actually would be pretty weak, lazy and not a surprise if they haven't.

Outside of the players (who even then have been tepidly lukewarm on him), no. Even Rucci said on Monday a loss to the Saints and it's probably the end of Ken. And you know he's getting his info from people pretty high up at the Club.

Unfortunately when you're dealing with roughly 1.2M of money left on Ken's contract, it means the optics and political landscape changes. I don't agree with this notion personally, but it most definitely plays a role in his immediate future.

You know shit has hit the fan when as coaches you do literally no football activities on Monday with the players, and then two days you've got a players only meeting to air grievances.

They'll come out firing the first 10-15 minutes on Sunday I would suspect. But once the grind of the game gets in, that "want to" is going to evaporate quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back